Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 AM   #301
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
Didn't know that. That's why I rarely post it, but Alison told me her name, so I thought it was only right.

So back to Hardy it is
Hah, yeah, to avoid confusion, I think I'll keep calling you Hardy. I wonder how many more Daniels will end up in this place.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 05:18 AM
I had TV Party on my retro list for a while, before it got dropped
__________________

__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 AM   #303
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
God, I hope no one actually does something like that. It would be hilarious, but a wasted slot.
It'd be hysterical to see if it actually gets votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Oh man, parts of it are so campy, while other parts overcompensate for that by being thoroughly pissed off. It's the perfect Larry list.

If it weren't for the fact that the plot I came up with for the Desert Island episode was incredibly convoluted, that cartoon totally would have happened.
And the way it's just totally thrown together is amazing. I don't think it could possibly have any less cohesion. Did you ever actually play it all the way through?

And you've discarded a DI cartoon?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 AM   #304
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,806
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
I had TV Party on my retro list for a while, before it got dropped
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

THE JEFFERSONS!
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:43 AM   #305
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,806
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And the way it's just totally thrown together is amazing. I don't think it could possibly have any less cohesion. Did you ever actually play it all the way through?

And you've discarded a DI cartoon?
I made it about 7 songs in before it got to be too much. It's actually a fun list, and probably would have won a game or two in the first DI.

No, I saved what I had of the script. I may revive it in time for DI5.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:43 AM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Watch TV & have a couple of brews
__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:43 AM   #307
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
My ability to memorize useless facts should not be underestimated. Larry's DI list:

Oh wow. I don't even know a lot of those songs, but I'd never be able to top that for sheer jarring-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
I'm Danny Lila64's hubby (as she puts it) & Bono'sLilPal'94 dad

I make sporadic appearances in here.
Hi Danny! And that's kinda neat how you're a whole Interference family...
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:46 AM   #308
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,806
Local Time: 04:18 AM
One day, I REALLY want someone to use Never Gonna Give You Up as their opening song to rickroll people. They would get my vote on principle.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:47 AM   #309
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
Didn't know that. That's why I rarely post it, but Alison told me her name, so I thought it was only right.

So back to Hardy it is
Well, my username is half my real name anyway... although I suppose that's not necessarily obvious unless you know my real name.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post


Hi Danny! And that's kinda neat how you're a whole Interference family...

Funny, huh.

Actually, I'm not a huge U2 fan. Got sucked in a year ago or so to do a DI list offshoot, and liked the group. So I stuck around. Took down NotAxver with some old school prog before getting struck down roughly. Old prog rock sung in Italian not good for votes
__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:51 AM   #311
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I made it about 7 songs in before it got to be too much. It's actually a fun list, and probably would have won a game or two in the first DI.

No, I saved what I had of the script. I may revive it in time for DI5.
Haha, I'm hardly surprised. And yeah, the first DI had a couple of genuine entries worryingly similar.

Oooh, awesome. I hope you do.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:52 AM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
Actually, I'm not a huge U2 fan. Got sucked in a year ago or so to do a DI list offshoot, and liked the group. So I stuck around. Took down NotAxver with some old school prog before getting struck down roughly. Old prog rock sung in Italian not good for votes
Aha, cool... I'm considering having a go at DI. I'd better start thinking about it now, although my music preferences will probably change completely by the time DI-5 happens.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:53 AM   #313
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
Funny, huh.

Actually, I'm not a huge U2 fan. Got sucked in a year ago or so to do a DI list offshoot, and liked the group. So I stuck around. Took down NotAxver with some old school prog before getting struck down roughly. Old prog rock sung in Italian not good for votes
Haha, we're good at coaxing people not heavily into U2 onto the forum - you and Brittany being two good examples. And some of the Prog Island stuff we used ... goodness, must've mindfucked some people. If I remember correctly, the notAxver list clocked in at just under 4 hours with only seven tracks used.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:55 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Aha, cool... I'm considering having a go at DI. I'd better start thinking about it now, although my music preferences will probably change completely by the time DI-5 happens.
You should. It's actually kinda fun. But I've found I enjoy making the list, then by the time the competition gets going, I'm tired of it already and ready to make another
__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 07-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Haha, we're good at coaxing people not heavily into U2 onto the forum - you and Brittany being two good examples. And some of the Prog Island stuff we used ... goodness, must've mindfucked some people. If I remember correctly, the notAxver list clocked in at just under 4 hours with only seven tracks used.
Yes, I remember a Green Carnation track that was about an hour itself
__________________

__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com