Computers for Uganda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys,

This summer I’ll be going to Uganda (mainly the Masaka District in the southern part of the country) with some of my classmates at my high school to set up computers at schools in the country. I’m very excited because this is a relatively new program that got started in 2002, and it’s a great chance for me to bring technology (what I love so much) to the people in Uganda so that they can learn to use computers and get the jobs they need in the technology-driven world we live in today.

So far, we’re the only computer/technology humanitarian group working directly with the parliament and we’re in desperate need for funding (mainly for shipping the computers and buying printers / cartridges).

If you can help…or know anyone that can, you can go to this website:
ComputersForUganda.org

You can also email me at biyeun@computersforuganda.org.

Thanks!
- phuzz

That's a great project! Bless you for your work to help get technology to those less fortunate.

I am actually working on a similar project here in Mali. The government organization I am working for is trying to set up a small resource/IT center for local artisans (handcrafts workers) so that they can access the outside world, network with buyers, see what the market tastes are, etc. It's tough work to set this up because the costs are so high. But it will be a very useful thing, if we can make it work. :)

Best of luck!

-sula

sulawesigirl4 said:
I am actually working on a similar project here in Mali. The government organization I am working for is trying to set up a small resource/IT center for local artisans (handcrafts workers) so that they can access the outside world, network with buyers, see what the market tastes are, etc. It's tough work to set this up because the costs are so high. But it will be a very useful thing, if we can make it work. :)

That's awesome! Good luck on making it work! :)

The cost is a huge part in getting any project rolling...but it's all worth it!
You can change so many people's lives for the better and it creates this domino effect that passes on to their families and friends. You help one person and a hundred more are helped...

So nice to find this thread - it helps me keep faith that there are some of us who have a heart and a brain big enough to use it to help those much less fortunate than us.:yes:

Best wishes for your success with this project, Phuzzie - not only doea it sound like a wonderful idea but your sincere enthusiasm is evident.

You will find that you will learn more and become more from your experiences with the people of Uganda. I have several friends from that nation and they have always been gracious with me.

Keep us updated on your efforts! :hug:

Hey everyone, Im new to interference Forums, but i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kevin and i am in the same group and Phuzzie that is going to Uganda, i just wanted to say thank you to Jamila and everyone else because your encouragement is not unrecognized, I feel that the more people that encourage us make it just all that more worthwhile, its good to know that poeple care!!!

Im not sure, i know that most of our work in centered around the Masaka district in the sound, but honestly the only three town names i know from Uganda are Entebbe which is where the airport it, Kampala don't know what we do there, and the Masaka District which is where we do out work. If you know though fill me in. (Thats southern Uganda... maybe phuzzie knows)

Back
Top Bottom