Computer quandary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

Bono's Lemon

Wondering if somebody can help me. My burner and ny other cd-rom drive are not being recognized in windows. I have opened my tower and unplugged and re-plugged the data and power cables, but this did not resolve the problem. I also can't go online (not a big problem), but to resolve this I need to use the windows CD. Does anybody have any ideas about what to do? Thanks.

First off...

What Windows version is this?

Do you have the Windows CD?

Have you tried Control Panel --> Add Hardware?

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

well usually you wouldnt have to add hardware like that.
Is this a new problem, or something you've had for a while? Checked your system for viruses etc.?
Do your cd drives show up in your bios? Trying auto-detecting them again?
Can you access them in DOS mode?
Sorry about all the questions, hehe

------------------
Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical than two people loving each other. When I talk about love I'm thinking of an unselfish love. Emotions can be bought and sold just like anything else, but I think real love is about giving and not expecting anything in return...I think that love stands out when set against struggle.
-Bono (on love in 'War')

?*~darkcloud~*?

Back
Top Bottom