computer printer hassle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm trying to print out some really important stuff on my printer. There is some software screw-up that is making my printer print multiple copies of the same thing. This has happened once before. I deleted some files and it stopped. Unfortunately that's been about a year ago and I can't remember what I did.

officespace4.jpg

verte76 said:
I'm trying to print out some really important stuff on my printer. There is some software screw-up that is making my printer print multiple copies of the same thing. This has happened once before. I deleted some files and it stopped. Unfortunately that's been about a year ago and I can't remember what I did.

i suppose multiple copies is better than no copies :laugh:

(this is my first post in LS :reject: ) Verte, just for kicks, check the settings for that printer and see if the default number of copies is not 1.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Printers > right click the printer and click Properties > click around and see if you can set a default number of copies to print

I maintain a computer lab for a side job and the configured operating system I install for some reason has the default number of copies set to 8966! Someone reimaged a computer for me and forgot about this detail...later that night I go down there and there's one confused dude holding stacks of his math assignment, lol.

verte76 said:
will try to help.... Sounds to me as though your printer memory is clogged. I would advise that you should clear your printer log (do this by opening the printers and looking in the print job section and look at the jobs spooling) and if any other files are pending in the printer then pause printing and cancel all print jobs spooling. After that reboot and ensure that your memory in the printer box is clear. The only reason I think that is happening is because you are saying it is printing multiple copies. your printer may not be clearing all the processed jobs. Hope that this may be of some help.
But this does not make me a nerd or geek if it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Halo

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: computer printer hassle

halo jones said:
And make sure that you recycle the multiple copies by using the other side for notes or something........ SAVE THE TREES!!!!!

One thing that's bothering me about this it's wasting *trees*. That sucks. I have to take alot of notes when I'm working on my history site, so the paper is being used. But I need to stop these multiple copies......I don't use *that* much paper for notes.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem. My printer wouldn't load paper and refused to print anything. So, I referenced the "Office Space" picture provided by S|aney and bought a new printer for 50 bucks. I'm broke now, but so is my old printer. :wink:

My printer's name is Lucifer, enough said. It obeys only me and requires some obscure type of ink that is hard to find but cheaper than the rest.

Back
Top Bottom