Computer OE10, Kate Edgar Information Commons, University of Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jen! :wave:

U-Wen, I could do 11 too, yeah ... as long as I get to bed before 2am on Thursday. :laugh:

I can meet you there. You tram or train it in and I'll bus it. It's only a 20 minute bus ride for me.

Sounds good! And then you can take miscellaneous photos of trams / trains with your new tripod and stuff. Speaking of which, what were you gonna buy?

Sounds good! And then you can take miscellaneous photos of trams / trains with your new tripod and stuff. Speaking of which, what were you gonna buy?

Depends how expensive things are really. Tripod and remote trigger are the two big things. Oh, and more memory. I'm happy with my lens, but wouldn't mind wide angle or superzoom if I can get a good price (doubt it though).

Depends how expensive things are really. Tripod and remote trigger are the two big things. Oh, and more memory. I'm happy with my lens, but wouldn't mind wide angle or superzoom if I can get a good price (doubt it though).

From memory, wide angle or superzoom lenses will set you back at least $400, and that's just for a basicish one. Memory can be pretty expensive actually; I picked up a 4gb card that writes at 30mb/s for about $60 (after discount from a mate; original price was $90). But I guess it depends on how fast you want it.

From memory, wide angle or superzoom lenses will set you back at least $400, and that's just for a basicish one. Memory can be pretty expensive actually; I picked up a 4gb card that writes at 30mb/s for about $60 (after discount from a mate; original price was $90). But I guess it depends on how fast you want it.

Yeah, not sure I want to spend that much - my lens is good enough to do Europe. Might get a cleaning cloth though, just so I'm not using the same one as I use for my glasses.

As far as memory goes, I'm not as concerned about price. I know I need shitloads of memory and I'll pay to get it.

Yeah, not sure I want to spend that much - my lens is good enough to do Europe. Might get a cleaning cloth though, just so I'm not using the same one as I use for my glasses.

As far as memory goes, I'm not as concerned about price. I know I need shitloads of memory and I'll pay to get it.

Suggestion: get several mid-capacity cards rather than a single high-capacity card, just in case. So rather than like a 16gb card, maybe a few 8 or 4gbs.

Suggestion: get several mid-capacity cards rather than a single high-capacity card, just in case. So rather than like a 16gb card, maybe a few 8 or 4gbs.

That may cost more, plus changing memory cards is a pain in the arse! (Especially when the card runs out just before a train shoots through.)

That may cost more, plus changing memory cards is a pain in the arse! (Especially when the card runs out just before a train shoots through.)

This is true, but I guess it depends how often you'll be away from your laptop and stuff as well. For me, I'd always rather have a backup card in case my current one gets corrupted, etc.

This is true, but I guess it depends how often you'll be away from your laptop and stuff as well. For me, I'd always rather have a backup card in case my current one gets corrupted, etc.

This is a good point ... I'll see what prices they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom