Computer help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYbrowneyedgirl

Acrobat
The last month or so I've been having problems with my computer when I'm on the internet. It freezes up constantly and I have to get on the task manager to unfreeze it. Also, pop-ups tend to freeze my computer too. Everything else is working okay, thist just happens when I'm on the internet.

I've deleted cookies, history, temp. internet files, but this hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do, or is this something I have to live with? My computer is only two years old, it's a pentium 3 and I use Windows 2000 pro. I'm also on a DSL line for my internet.

Thank you for any suggestions you can give me!

nbcrusader said:
Download, install and run adaware 6.0

It will find spyware on your system.

Find it here!

Thank you, but I forgot to mention I've already done this. I have also defragmented my drives. Unfortunately, neither one helped much. It's really frustrating!

I've had problems with my browser and computer locking up too (stuff like conmgr, earthlink, etc. saying it's not responding...sometimes I have to reboot my computer a couple times to get everything to work right)

So...I just downloaded this adaware 6 and scanned my computer, didn't know what I was doing or how to use the software, but I did it anyway :uhoh: it scanned, found 189 files, some were attempted browser hijacks :ohmy:, and various other files, so at the end I selected all the files it found for it to delete them...I hope I did the right thing :shrug: Everything still seems to work :reject: :lol:

I should really download that. Any ideas on why my disk defragmenter doesn't work anymore? It never gets past the chekcing drive for errors stage.

Back
Top Bottom