Computer help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
..ojay, Kazaa completely did something to my computer...I don't know, it runs so slow. Playing cds makes it do this funny staticy-thing. It shuts down randomly. It pauses at times. It deletes files. It's driving me mad...

I have no idea what to do. I don't want to re-format it, because I'd have to do that myself, and I'm not sure how. Is there any hope? Anyone, please?

*Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I couldn't figure out where the heck to post it*

get rid of kazaa. it does that stuff to my comptuer too. and everything seems to be better when i ditch kazaa...

that's the only thing i can think of, but then again, i voted mysefl #1 computer illiterate interferencer last night, so maybe i should have stayed out of this thread all together.

kazaa is :macdevil: i know that for a fact.

i know for a fact that someone downloaded kazaa recently and it just gave her a virus, from just downloading the program. it is nothing but trouble. i'd get rid of it.

I got rid of Kazaa about a month ago. I still have Kazaa lite though. I don't know if that does anything (...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)...

My computer is verrry sick. *sigh* The computer shop here wants a huge fee to reformat it. Plus, I don't want to lose all my stuff....all my music. I have over 1000 mp3s!

Gah, technology.

I sadly have a laptop that has almost 8500 mp3s that will probably be lost when I reimage it with XP to get rid of that slow behemoth NT.

Oh yeah, and Kazaa is shitty.

Except on my computer, it runs fine! Go figure..

can you tape all your mp3 or something? i know, tape them sounds really technologically backwards, especially becausemost people don't have tape players...do you have a cd burner? i should have said that first...

heh...i don't have a cd burner, so i run the computer through my stereo and put my mp3s onto cassette tapes...yes i'm a loser and i know it...

Yeah, I have a cd burner, so I suppose I could burn all my songs...and then put them back (I just listen to most of my music while on the computer)....and I'm networked with my dad's computer , so I could always transfer some stuff over there (he has a small harddrive though, so I couldn't do everything). It looks like reformatting is the ony option. Shit! Why the hell did Kazaa do that? This is so fustrating!

icelle said:
i know for a fact that someone downloaded kazaa recently and it just gave her a virus, from just downloading the program. it is nothing but trouble. i'd get rid of it.

I wonder who that was :shifty:

*hugs puter*

kazaa is evil :down: :tsk:

kazaa has a lot of spyware bundled with it....uninstall kazaa, find gator and everything associated with it and uninstall that crap. Gator puts crap all over your machine. Look for the GNU uninstaller (I think that is what it is called)

http://www.cexx.org/gator.htm

Use this from Gator's site to determine what crap they have put on your machine and how to get rid of it
http://www.gatoradvertisinginformationnetwork.com/help/gainfaq.html

Kazaa lite as it does not contain spyware...

if you think your issues are related to RAM or something like that I guess that is a different story.

Hope that helps some

Last edited:
Burn all your mp3s to disks. You can burn them as data files. I did that when I knew my hard drive was going bad :crack: I could fit like 5 concerts on one disk.

Get rid of any kind of Kazaa program. Its just not worth it. I use WinMX and never had any problems.

Sadly, there is not a portable CD burner on the market that will work with a laptop running Windows NT.

I've purchased at least 5 different ones only to have to return them.

:angry:

Thats why I ended up buying a new computer.

NOw, if I could effectively network my laptop running NT to my desktop running XP, I could transfer them over.

Apparently this is possible, but I haven't been able to make it work.

Sicy said:
Burn all your mp3s to disks. You can burn them as data files. I did that when I knew my hard drive was going bad :crack: I could fit like 5 concerts on one disk.

Get rid of any kind of Kazaa program. Its just not worth it. I use WinMX and never had any problems.

Me too,

I bought a $59.00 dvd player that plays mpegs cds and plugged it into my stereo reciever. my comp speaker are crap.

Back
Top Bottom