Completing: Do we really share or are we only giving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soul service

The Fly
Do we share our thoughts in the goal of sharing (means :giving and receiving, receiving meaning concidering!) or are we only giving our thoughts in the goal of being read only for being flattered by what people will answer to it? I'm not sure if my question is clear... but still, waiting for answers!

Meaning - do we post here for flattery of hearing ourself talk - or to just relate to people of seemingly similar tastes?
(Selfless vs non-selfless)

I post out of want to converse with other seeming like-minded individuals. Sure, it's nice if people agree, laugh or enjoy anything I have to say - but it's not my ultimate goal.

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

Of course we want to share with other Interferers! As far as I can see the community in here is a good one.

------------------
beLIEve

See, if I post, it's for reading answers that, I feel, will enlight my point of view. It will bring a new perspective and I,ll reconcider mine and then, it's what we call evolution. What I feel is that, most of the time, people answer only in a goal to be read or for people to agree with them.

I'm looking for controverse here...

Fox, I agree. But the problem I see is that most of people just talk and don't listen... That's what I mean by only giving. I believe in exchange. I believe in giving and mostly in listening. Not wanting that people give you, but just take what others give for the others. There is a light difference, but it's huge!!!

I think that when we talk, even if it is just to hear the tone of our own voice, we are still sharing. We are sharing our personality, people learn a suprising amount about you just by hanging around you and listening to you speak, watching how you act.

Thats my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom