Commonwealth Games - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #46
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:40 AM
Thank god Jana won.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #47
New Yorker

Ooh, and NZ went down by 1 to India in the womens hockey.

Guess all bets are off

Old 03-24-2006, 03:16 AM   #48
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Trans-Tasman clash in the men's basketball gold medal match tonight. Should be good.

GO KIWI!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2006, 03:28 AM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
Thank god Jana won.
Yeah...she' copped some slack lately,hey!! Good for her, i know she came across as a bit of a whinger, but no-body deserves that sort of backlash, apparently The Cage on Triple M said they hope she does'nt win...that's insane...wishing a fellow Aussie to suck it at the Comm.games. She trains very hard and she must have done something right to take out the Gold!

JANA!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:29 AM   #50
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Trans-Tasman clash in the men's basketball gold medal match tonight. Should be good.

GO KIWI!
Ooooh what time's that on!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #51
Vocal parasite

Channel 9 should be shot for their coverage. The basketball has started, oh, let's cut to the long jump, wait, let's show two laps of the men's 1500m heats, oh, but back to the long jump now, let's cut to ads, what basketball?

I gave up on watching any of the basketball about an hour ago. It should be over now. I hope New Zealand won, though we were five points behind last I saw.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #52
New Yorker

Nope, sorry you guys lost. I got pissed off and didn't bother watching. I believe it was pretty close and the Aussies got up by 6 points or sumfink.

Lets move on to the netball and see what a stuff up Channel 9 can do of that. (Not that I like the netball but hey, sport is sport is sport )
Old 03-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #53
Refugee

Quote:
Channel 9 should be shot for their coverage. The basketball has started, oh, let's cut to the long jump, wait, let's show two laps of the men's 1500m heats, oh, but back to the long jump now, let's cut to ads, what basketball?

I gave up on watching any of the basketball about an hour ago. It should be over now. I hope New Zealand won, though we were five points behind last I saw.

Channel 9 sucks the big one!!!! It was such a close game axver(81-76)but it could have been anyones game at even 3 minutes to the end,but Jason smith pocketed a couple of 3 pointers!!!
,but as usual 9 kept f****up the broadcasting I missed 5 f*****minutes of the 4th quarter, Channel 7 shits all over these guys when it comes to sports coverage of main events!!!
it's almost like to the day when Packer went tits up,the network did too!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
Nope, sorry you guys lost. I got pissed off and didn't bother watching. I believe it was pretty close and the Aussies got up by 6 points or sumfink.

Lets move on to the netball and see what a stuff up Channel 9 can do of that. (Not that I like the netball but hey, sport is sport is sport )
Netball is cool, i play GD or GK!!! Great fun!!!!

I reckon it going to be another trans-tasman clash again on March 26th!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:06 PM   #55
Vocal parasite

Damn shame about the basketball, but at least we picked up the silver. The netball's going to be good, especially considering how Jamaica (who pulled off a 54-all draw against Australia) were conclusively beaten by New Zealand, 61-41. Go the Silver Ferns!

This is disappointing, though:

Quote:
But the Ferns' play was not appreciated by the Australian-dominated crowd at the multi-purpose venue in Melbourne.

The crowd cheered any error from the Ferns and booed the umpires for calls against the Jamaicans.

They almost lifted the roof on the stadium when Davu chatted back to the umpire and was given a warning.

Source: http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3616667a1823,00.html

Oh, and I'm delighted to see a Kiwi took gold in the 1500m walk. About time we got another gold! This has been a dreadful Commonwealth Games for New Zealand, but maybe today we can make our medal tally look a bit more respectable. Go Sarah Ulmer in the cycling!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #56
Refugee

What a joke the commonwealth games are ... i love it when australia wins but this is pathetic they just win everything
Old 03-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #57
Vocal parasite

Wow, I can't believe New Zealand didn't get a single medal out of the women's road race. I thought we were a sure thing, especially considering how Sarah Ulmer basically dominates world cycling.

Australia's medal haul is absurd. There should be a limit on how many athletes you can enter. Whatever happened to the Australia that got only half the golds New Zealand did at the 1984 Olympics?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #58
Refugee

You'd think countrys like england and canada would be at least competitive but then again its only the commonwealth games
Old 03-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #59
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DignityPassesBy
You'd think countrys like england and canada would be at least competitive but then again its only the commonwealth games
i can't beleive you said that.......???the Commonwealth Games is a huge deal!!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:36 AM   #60
Refugee

Quote:
Damn shame about the basketball, but at least we picked up the silver. The netball's going to be good, especially considering how Jamaica (who pulled off a 54-all draw against Australia) were conclusively beaten by New Zealand, 61-41. Go the Silver Ferns!

This is disappointing, though:

Oh, and I'm delighted to see a Kiwi took gold in the 1500m walk. About time we got another gold! This has been a dreadful Commonwealth Games for New Zealand, but maybe today we can make our medal tally look a bit more respectable. Go Sarah Ulmer in the cycling!
Axver i hate to admit this,but seriously,Netball attracts bitches, i know.... i played with them,against them!!! The fans can be bitchy too!!!

The The Silver ferns took out GOLD for Netball beat us 60-55. The last GOLD MEDAL of the games to be won too!!!