Comic Geeks: Discuss and cast the Thor movie with me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Okay, so... Marvel is making a Thor film. It could be terrible, but it could also be really, really good. I'd like to see something more along the lines of Ultimate Thor... something where you spend the entire film guessing whether this guy is really just someone with a mental problem who got sucked into a supersoldier program or an actual Norse deity.

I like this for several reasons. First, it dispenses with the antiquated English that makes no sense whatsoever. Secondly, it makes Loki a LOT of fun. The ability to warp reality, to make Thor appear schizophrenic. I'm not sure how this dynamic would work without the rest of the Ultimates/Avengers, though. (That's a movie I'm not too keen on happening)

So as far as casting. I KNOW he's already done the supervillain thing, but I think Cillian Murphy would make a fantastic Loki. Thor, though, is a bit harder. Any suggestions?

Thor has to be a guy like FABIO

not FABIO, but has to look the part

we don't want another Superman Returns... :tsk:

I'm so partial to Ultimate Thor, though, it might be a bit unfair. I think he should be attractive, but not as huge or clean-shaven as the classic Marvel Earth 616 counterpart. Someone like the guy who played Sabretooth is, at least visually, what I'd like.

20060603072737-he-man.jpg

Thor! Come on!

Back
Top Bottom