Comic Book Dorks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tend to stick to graphic novels like Persepolis, Maus, A History of Violence (liked it much better than the movie), etc. My favourite is The Sandman, and I'd love to find something similar to that series.

I can't really get into comics because I wouldn't know where to start with the big superhero ones where there are hundreds of titles and a huge history. I'm the same way with manga; I'd like to read some, but I don't know what's good or where to start and I don't want to read something that's really juvenile or just crap.

I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon's television shows, but read Fray and wasn't very impressed, so I'm not sure I'd like any of his X-Men stuff.

meegannie said:

I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon's television shows, but read Fray and wasn't very impressed, so I'm not sure I'd like any of his X-Men stuff.

Astonishing X-Men was fantastic in the start, but the last few issues have been fairly disappointing.

For a well-written intro to big superheroes, the Identity Crisis trade by DC is fantastic.

I've never been a big comic book reader, but I've always loved the Marvel/DC superheroes:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Wolverine
Prof. X
The Human Torch
Green Lantern
Captain America...

Back
Top Bottom