Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Hi, Phail Collins.

Everyone has their opinions. You don't like Babyface and that's my second favourite song on Zooropa. I don't like North And South Of The River (and never will).

the tourist said:
Getting ready for the next one already?

More for my own listening pleasure, using the DI format, and we'll see how it lasts. It's something I think would be a good change of pace from what I've done this time, though it probably won't gain much popularity as it will be very instrumental in parts.

North and South of the River is the direction U2 went after Pop. Safe crap balladry.

the tourist said:

Everyone has their opinions. You don't like Babyface and that's my second favourite song on Zooropa. I don't like North And South Of The River (and never will).

You say Babyface is your second favourite song on Zooropa like you aren't ashamed of your shitty taste. :wink:

Serious question: Red Light, yay or nay? Because I'd take Red Light any day over Babyface.

the tourist said:
North and South of the River is the direction U2 went after Pop. Safe crap balladry.

Oh, come on, NASOTR belongs to the same group of songs as Slow Dancing, The First Time, Velvet Dress, and TGBHF.

coolian2 said:

You're this close to phailing too

Holy shit, i just had the strangest deja vu moment before. Have i previously told Ax he's really close to phailing?

What? I didn't say Red Light is actually good. Just relatively speaking, it is less shit than Babyface, which in turn is less shit than Stuck In A Moment, which in turn is less shit than U2's worst song, Elvis Ate America.

I'd willingly play Red Light about once every three years. I only once willingly played Babyface, when I bought Zooropa and didn't know what to expect - though even the title set off alarm bells that it would suck.

Holy shit, this Desert Island idea is going to be so fucking good.

Touche.

Not that I'm sane either, so I don't really know what my point is, except to say: what on earth is there likeable about the Babyface trainwreck?

I just can't stand its sound. And its lyrics. And its awful title.

U2 really need to work on their song titles.

No, I really do think U2 are Stuck In Being Too Verbose With Their Song Titles and I Still Haven't Found An Album With The Quality Titles I'm Looking For.

Hell, even at Bono's lyrical peak, many of the song titles were pretty dodgy. Even Heartland could have had a much better title. Dawn Changes Everything?

Well, if I do enter this DI tracklist I'm working on, I'll probably commit what many here would call a sin - repeating songs. But the two I'm repeating are absolutely central, and used long enough ago that I am allowed to use them again if I wish. Perhaps if I do enter this, though, I'd substitute them in my entry but keep them in the list I listen to myself.

Alisaura said:
Oh boy, not the Babyface debate again.

How's life on a distant (and non-existant) comet today?

Uh-oh, you aren't on Ian's side, are you? :uhoh:

My day was fairly mundane and boring. Lecturers are driving me mad. Yourself?

Alisaura said:
Hey Ian and Jen :wave:

Yay dancing! Yay cultural diversity! Boo training....?
i can handle some training, but not 8 fucking hours, i need to MOVE AROUND dammit!

how is everyone else?? i haver posted in teh gatherings thread re the last showing of u23d , give it a send off anyone?

im dying go again :drool:

It's funny how hearing about other people's misfortunes, being much worse than my own, still makes me feel worse about mine cos I don't feel justified to feel bad about mine at all cos other people have it so much worse.

Argh. :crazy:

Other than that, I was/am in total bitch mode at work today, by my standards at least. :|

Even the free cake was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom