Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
It's nothing like canned spaghetti. Pretty blah until something is done to it, and definitely not as salty. It sounds strange, but you definitely have to add milk to it and not water. This changes the flavor and provides the right consistency.

I also like soups with tomato-based broth such as Manhattan clam chowder and, of course, Minestrone.
oh yeah, i'd never imagine adding water to tomato soup. i guess that's also because i've seen my mom make it for my dad so many times, and i've made it for him too, so i know to add milk. plus he likes crushed up crackers in there and more crackers on the side. :cute:

i like minestrone :hmm:

LemonMelon said:
YES, this is definitely true. Especially the eastern part of the state. Everything is drenched in bay leaf. I like the flavor on fish, but I dunno about soup. :huh:
yes, it made me very sad. i tried it several places. seafood restaurants, my mom's family's beloved diner (they don't own it obvs, they've just been going there for years) and every time it was more like bay leaf onion soup. i was sad.

the place i get it from here that i love so much, it's like beef, with a hint of sherry, some spices, and lots of onion flavour :drool: plus they use awesome croutons and really good cheese. there's not a thing i would change about it. more cheese would be nice, but there's enough on there. i just can't have enough cheese :giggle:

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh yeah, i'd never imagine adding water to tomato soup. i guess that's also because i've seen my mom make it for my dad so many times, and i've made it for him too, so i know to add milk. plus he likes crushed up crackers in there and more crackers on the side. :cute:

i like minestrone :hmm:

On any canned version of the soup, it always says "lozl add a can of water or, alternatively, IF FOR SOME REASON YOU WANT CREAMY TOMATO SOUP, add milk"

I can't help but think "Of course I want creamy tomato soup, you idiots. Otherwise, I'd just drink V8 juice or put a straw in a tomato." I have a lot of weird thoughts though.

damn it internet petered out

i had some things to say i was trying to send

about soup

LemonMelon said:

We actually have some very good progresso clam chowder, but that's too heavy for this time of night.

so you had the saltiest thing in the world?

i actually don't like canned clam chowder. i'm spoiled by legal seafoods

you need a nice chicken fiesta vegetable (that's not progresso, i forget who) for this time of night.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, it made me very sad. i tried it several places. seafood restaurants, my mom's family's beloved diner (they don't own it obvs, they've just been going there for years) and every time it was more like bay leaf onion soup. i was sad.

the place i get it from here that i love so much, it's like beef, with a hint of sherry, some spices, and lots of onion flavour :drool: plus they use awesome croutons and really good cheese. there's not a thing i would change about it. more cheese would be nice, but there's enough on there. i just can't have enough cheese :giggle:

Croutons FTMFW. They should be available with everything. Ice cream, waffles, and yes, soup. You should bring in your own cheese through a purse or something. :tsk:

are we talking about french onion? i fucking love french onion soup. minestrone's good too

KhanadaRhodes said:
ugh, split pea soup. that's one of my best friends' soups. i don't get it. it's a sickly colour of green. i just hate peas so i'll never get it, lol.

and i agree varitek, even when i lived on my own i always made good food for myself every night. i never resorted to ramen, or even tv dinners.

it's a weird color but made well it's soooo good. i had a great instant one from a health food store a while back actually, mmm. it's also good with ham. that health food store also had a yummy instant lentil that had cous-cous in it, an interesting touch that makes sense for instant soups like that

Varitek said:

you need a nice chicken fiesta vegetable (that's not progresso, i forget who) for this time of night.

:drool: That does sound much better. What's the "fiesta" part entail?

LemonMelon said:
Croutons FTMFW. They should be available with everything. Ice cream, waffles, and yes, soup. You should bring in your own cheese through a purse or something. :tsk:
:lol: i just want to say i think my favourite word in the world is waffle.

and i might ask next time if they can put extra cheese on it :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: my favourite soup is french onion, and that's just not the same canned. i've been meaning to make it from scratch for years, i've just never gotten around to it.

speaking of austria, there was this really amazing dehydrated french onion soup i used to buy there (knorr brand, which does sell some things in the us) that came out pretty damn perfect, throw in some sour cream and cheddar and :drool:

Varitek said:
are we talking about french onion? i fucking love french onion soup. minestrone's good too
yeeees french onion is my favourite

Varitek said:
it's a weird color but made well it's soooo good. i had a great instant one from a health food store a while back actually, mmm. it's also good with ham. that health food store also had a yummy instant lentil that had cous-cous in it, an interesting touch that makes sense for instant soups like that
i'll have to take yours and his (my friend who likes it) word, cuz i just couldn't ever eat it. i hate peas anyway.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i just want to say i think my favourite word in the world is waffle.

and i might ask next time if they can put extra cheese on it :hmm:

I love this political season because people use the word "waffle" so much. :cute:

LemonMelon said:

:drool: That does sound much better. What's the "fiesta" part entail?

it's ever-so-slightly spicy and the veggies are the kind you'd find in salsa - tomato pepper corn and maybe the occasional black bean

i googled it, it's cambell's select, they have it with and without chicken i think - i recommend with

LemonMelon said:

On any canned version of the soup, it always says "lozl add a can of water or, alternatively, IF FOR SOME REASON YOU WANT CREAMY TOMATO SOUP, add milk"

I can't help but think "Of course I want creamy tomato soup, you idiots. Otherwise, I'd just drink V8 juice or put a straw in a tomato." I have a lot of weird thoughts though.

lol

trader joe's. has it made it to appalacia? they have a great creamy tomato in a carton

also good cartons of chicken broth, veggie broth, a squash soup, etc

Varitek said:

it's ever-so-slightly spicy and the veggies are the kind you'd find in salsa - tomato pepper corn and maybe the occasional black bean

i googled it, it's cambell's select, they have it with and without chicken i think - i recommend with

Sounds good. I'll check it out.

I must say, however, I'm biased against Campbell's Select because of their version of tomato soup, which looked (and tasted) very much like pasta sauce with water added.

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol, well i've always lived off campus, so there you go. if i ever were really poor and desperate, i'd rather have a pot of rice than resort to sodium (and probably all sorts of other nasty things) filled ramen. which is funny because it's not like i'm some super healthy eater. but i don't like eating stuff that's high in sodium. too much salt is just...ick.

see? varitek agrees with me.

i don't always cook from scratch, though i really like to try new recipes and do old favorites or even make a nice salad. i do try to eat quite healthily. but when i'm tired/lazy/need something fast, or need a dorm room snack, i try to have healthier canned or instant soups, or frozen soup that i've made (i freeze individual serving sizes in pint containers). or i highly, highly recommend trader joe's indian food, comes in a foil package and doesn't need to be refrigerated and you just nuke it for 2 minutes. also when i was living in NY i enjoyed frozen dumplings, with some homemade sauce (a little soy, a little worcestershir (sp!) and a little cayanne sauce)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom