Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
night mia

what kind of soup elmel?

i had nutella and didn't remember i had taken an extra baklava at greek bar at lunch (like i said, good food week) so now i think i'll have that for breakfast

oh ramen. ugh. i make that sometimes when i'm drunk,though i prefer fancier asian noodle instant soups that cost a lot more.

oh you know what's good? split pea soup

anyway elmel, ramen is a college "i only have a hot pot" food, but you have no excuse for not at least using a can opener and having some good progresso or something

KhanadaRhodes said:

gross dude

confession: i've never had ramen.

:lmao: And you've been to college? Strange days.

Ramen soup is OK if you need a boost of carbs or, gasp, you like how it tastes.

cole slaw's grown on me as i've gotten older but i prefer austrian/german saurkraut (cold with salat - picked cabbage, slightly pickled cucumbers, tomatoes, and a nice potato salad...or hot)

Varitek said:

anyway elmel, ramen is a college "i only have a hot pot" food, but you have no excuse for not at least using a can opener and having some good progresso or something

We actually have some very good progresso clam chowder, but that's too heavy for this time of night.

ugh, split pea soup. that's one of my best friends' soups. i don't get it. it's a sickly colour of green. i just hate peas so i'll never get it, lol.

and i agree varitek, even when i lived on my own i always made good food for myself every night. i never resorted to ramen, or even tv dinners.

LemonMelon said:
:lmao: And you've been to college? Strange days.
lol, well i've always lived off campus, so there you go. if i ever were really poor and desperate, i'd rather have a pot of rice than resort to sodium (and probably all sorts of other nasty things) filled ramen. which is funny because it's not like i'm some super healthy eater. but i don't like eating stuff that's high in sodium. too much salt is just...ick.

see? varitek agrees with me.

Varitek said:

or if you want to overload your system with salt

I choose not to look at canned soup labels. It always frightens me to think about what's in it. 800 MGs of sodium = WTF

KhanadaRhodes said:

they make reduced sodium varities, you know :wink:

Yes, I know. They're actually just as good, and prefer them when available. Same goes for the crackers that go along with the soup. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
Yes, I know. They're actually just as good, and prefer them when available. Same goes for the crackers that go along with the soup. :wink:
:lol: my favourite soup is french onion, and that's just not the same canned. i've been meaning to make it from scratch for years, i've just never gotten around to it.

What's the verdict on tomato soup? I love it when prepared correctly (that is, creamy as possible, with grated cheese and a sandwich to go with it :wink: ).

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: my favourite soup is french onion, and that's just not the same canned. i've been meaning to make it from scratch for years, i've just never gotten around to it.

This is true. My mother once made this delicious pot of french potato soup from scratch...the recipe may still be around somewhere.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i've never had tomato soup!

Be warned; it's an acquired taste. I adore it when in the mood for it, but so many people I know are repulsed by the idea of it (same with tomato juice, though it's pretty obvious that they're not at all similar).

LemonMelon said:
This is true. My mother once made this delicious pot of french potato soup from scratch...the recipe may still be around somewhere.
:hmm: wait...french potato??

what i would love is to steal this one restaurant's recipe. they seriously have the best french onion soup i've ever tasted.

LemonMelon said:
Be warned; it's an acquired taste. I adore it when in the mood for it, but so many people I know are repulsed by the idea of it (same with tomato juice, though it's pretty obvious that they're not at all similar).
my dad likes tomato soup. but i dunno. i like canned spaghetti??

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: wait...french potato??

what i would love is to steal this one restaurant's recipe. they seriously have the best french onion soup i've ever tasted.

Wait...now that I think of it, it was very likely French Onion soup. It just had potatoes in it. That probably threw me off just now.

LemonMelon said:
Wait...now that I think of it, it was very likely French Onion soup. It just had potatoes in it. That probably threw me off just now.
i've never heard of/had potatoes in french onion soup :huh:

oh and btw...i've never had a good bowl of french onion in maryland. any part of it. baltimore, fallston, and frederick...i've had it in all of those and they ALL put too much bay leaf in it. i guess it's a maryland thing :shrug: but it's supposed to compliment everything. nothing should be overpowering. especially not a fucking herb.

KhanadaRhodes said:

my dad likes tomato soup. but i dunno. i like canned spaghetti??

It's nothing like canned spaghetti. Pretty blah until something is done to it, and definitely not as salty. It sounds strange, but you definitely have to add milk to it and not water. This changes the flavor and provides the right consistency.

I also like soups with tomato-based broth such as Manhattan clam chowder and, of course, Minestrone.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've never heard of/had potatoes in french onion soup :huh:

oh and btw...i've never had a good bowl of french onion in maryland. any part of it. baltimore, fallston, and frederick...i've had it in all of those and they ALL put too much bay leaf in it. i guess it's a maryland thing :shrug: but it's supposed to compliment everything. nothing should be overpowering. especially not a fucking herb.

YES, this is definitely true. Especially the eastern part of the state. Everything is drenched in bay leaf. I like the flavor on fish, but I dunno about soup. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom