Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
i'm lucky on the genetic health front, so far as i know - eczema in childhood that was mild and disappeared almost

I thought mine had disappeared. Then one evening when I was 16, helloooo. :down: It's been a big issue ever since. Part of the reason why I always wear trousers and long sleeves.

Varitek said:

wow blisters that is scary

i'm lucky on the genetic health front, so far as i know - eczema in childhood that was mild and disappeared almost, no alergies that i know of besides a tiny bit itchy around cats and dust mites. but, i had really high fevers as a 2 year old so ear infections which fucked up my teeth while they were developing so i have discolored molars (luckily only slightly in front, like, not noticeable after a bleaching or two) and lots of cavities

but i don't know my whole father's side so who knows with heart problems or cancer or whatever...

whoa...ear infections fucking up your teeth? how does that work?

Axver said:

1. I was rather intentionally keeping the personal connection under the radar. It wasn't something I wanted to emphasise. I did state it once or twice, but I understand you might not've seen that, so don't worry about not realising; I accept your apology. I wouldn't have submitted something personal if I'd thought there was a risk of getting offended. Like the tracklist, that means a lot to me, especially the ending, but since I fully expect everyone to hate my music, I'm cool with backlash and jokes. But I thought the title and cover were my best so far in these tournaments, and they're also the part with the most personal connection to me besides Untitled, so I didn't expect your comments at all and got offended.

:hug: Yeah, again, I'm sorry. I'm not the best at picking up on these little things. :( I do love the cover, but missed the significance.

2. I guess it's just the way you've been harping on it with a critique that I frankly find ludicrous, and the way you're throwing it into an otherwise rather humorous fake DI. I would, for the record, be cool with 50 TH15 15 T3MP0R4RY or whatever.

Or even better, So This Is Temperance. That amuses me.

Considering the list is, in many ways, a tribute to your taste :wink: , I'd be more than happy to change the title. TH15 15 T3MP0R4NC3 it is.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know, but i can have some aged cheeses in small amounts. i don't just eat american cheese or something. i just have to be careful.

peanut butter i can also have in small amounts. the only thing that gives me a migraine no matter how little i have of it is wine.

is it just peanut butter or any type of nut butter?

because almond butter > peanut butter. true fact.

What exactly is in the aged cheese that causes migraines that is not also present in the fresh cheese?

unico said:
is it just peanut butter or any type of nut butter?

because almond butter > peanut butter. true fact.
i've only ever tried peanut butter. the only time i've ever had any other kind of nut (even though peanuts aren't nuts) is i tried ONE almond once.

unico said:

i do eat fish occasionally. i had to. i was losing too much hair. i looooove sushi. especially anything eel :drool:

miso can be bland, you're right. i typically add hot sauce to it (i add it to almost everything!) i also love 15/16 bean soup, lentil soup, black bean soup, tomato soup, potato soup...uh...what else :hmm:

sushi: i do like eel, but i love yellowtail and tuna and salmon, mmm and avocado rolls, also i have to admit that i like cream cheese in sushi, especially with nuts :reject:

and those salads with tuna sashimi in them are sooo good, they're really en vogue right now

soups...we should swap soup recipes. my mom has an amazing potato leak soup with chicken but you could do it with veg broth, it's not pureed like most but chunks of potato and leak and then a milky broth and when you put cheddar in it the cheddar melts and clings to the leaks and bits of chicken mmmmm

i also like
hot and sour soup is my fav, especially with lots of mushroom varieties in it, i love mushrooms
lentil
chili
black bean (but i always wanna put something in it, like cheese or yogurt, and that never goes well...maybe your recipe is more interesting on its own)
tomato - i have never made it but trader joe's has a great one in a carton
thai coconut chicken soup
veggie soup with stuff like kale or okra, nice leafy greens, and some cayanne and cracked pepper to make it spicy

LemonMelon said:
:hug: Yeah, again, I'm sorry. I'm not the best at picking up on these little things. :( I do love the cover, but missed the significance.

Don't worry about it. :) The cover, incidentally, is one of the (shitloads of) photos I took of the sunset the day Grandpa died in February. It was rather appropriate to find a dead tree ...

Considering the list is, in many ways, a tribute to your taste :wink: , I'd be more than happy to change the title. TH15 15 T3MP0R4NC3 it is.

:lol: Awesome. It especially cracks me up because one of my research interests is the New Zealand temperance movement, as far as it relates to the campaign for women's suffrage. I can now see myself titling an article about the New Zealand Women's Christian Temperance Union "So This Is Temperance" ...

LemonMelon said:
What exactly is in the aged cheese that causes migraines that is not also present in the fresh cheese?
the fermentation or whatever. the aging process that the cheese goes through has tyramine, which is a compound released during fermentation.

OK, I need to go. I've got a form to drop off in the next 1.5 hours and I'd rather not be rushing. :wave:

See you folks soon, and find a cool new location for our next thread.

unico said:

whoa...ear infections fucking up your teeth? how does that work?

i had really, really high fevers, like 104-105, my mom would have to put me in cold baths and stuff, it probably cooked some brain cells too! and it basically cooked the enamel while it was developing, hence discoloration and weakness

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've only ever tried peanut butter. the only time i've ever had any other kind of nut (even though peanuts aren't nuts) is i tried ONE almond once.

omg i didn't know that peanuts aren't nuts! yeah i love love love almond butter. if you don't think you're allergic, i highly recommend it with nutella and banana between bread.

Varitek said:

i had really, really high fevers, like 104-105, my mom would have to put me in cold baths and stuff, it probably cooked some brain cells too! and it basically cooked the enamel while it was developing, hence discoloration and weakness

AH okay gotcha. does it hurt when you eat certain types of foods?

Axver said:

I thought mine had disappeared. Then one evening when I was 16, helloooo. :down: It's been a big issue ever since. Part of the reason why I always wear trousers and long sleeves.

mine gradually got better, partly cause as i got older i started using lotion really heavily, cetaphil is good or eucerin but right now i'm a fan of neutragina swiss formula, and in the winter i also use hydrolated petrolatum and i use aloe whenever it gets itchy cause that soothes it, and i use really heavily moisturizing olay body wash and olay in-shower lotion. the only big problems i've had have been a few outbreaks in the last 3 years around my eye, which is weird cause i hadn't had it on my face since i was a baby

I had chronic ear infections as a kid too. Could have fucked up my hearing, so I went on meds. Instead, that screwed up the coloring of my teeth. :mad:

Varitek said:

sushi: i do like eel, but i love yellowtail and tuna and salmon, mmm and avocado rolls, also i have to admit that i like cream cheese in sushi, especially with nuts :reject:

and those salads with tuna sashimi in them are sooo good, they're really en vogue right now

soups...we should swap soup recipes. my mom has an amazing potato leak soup with chicken but you could do it with veg broth, it's not pureed like most but chunks of potato and leak and then a milky broth and when you put cheddar in it the cheddar melts and clings to the leaks and bits of chicken mmmmm

i also like
hot and sour soup is my fav, especially with lots of mushroom varieties in it, i love mushrooms
lentil
chili
black bean (but i always wanna put something in it, like cheese or yogurt, and that never goes well...maybe your recipe is more interesting on its own)
tomato - i have never made it but trader joe's has a great one in a carton
thai coconut chicken soup
veggie soup with stuff like kale or okra, nice leafy greens, and some cayanne and cracked pepper to make it spicy

oh yes, cream cheese in sushi is excellent. i love philadelphia rolls. i could eat them all day. i'm all about swapping recipes! i'll see if i have any written down. usually i just add shit til it tastes good :lol: that potato leek soups sounds yummy! haha i want soup now.

unico said:

omg i didn't know that peanuts aren't nuts! yeah i love love love almond butter. if you don't think you're allergic, i highly recommend it with nutella and banana between bread.

nutella :drool:

almond butter :drool:

nutella and berries, banana, etc :drool:

:drool:

i have some nutella that's expired so it's kinda separated from the oil but it's still good

Varitek said:
mine gradually got better, partly cause as i got older i started using lotion really heavily, cetaphil is good or eucerin but right now i'm a fan of neutragina swiss formula, and in the winter i also use hydrolated petrolatum and i use aloe whenever it gets itchy cause that soothes it, and i use really heavily moisturizing olay body wash and olay in-shower lotion. the only big problems i've had have been a few outbreaks in the last 3 years around my eye, which is weird cause i hadn't had it on my face since i was a baby
that sucks, i've got eczema too, although it's not as bad as my mom's

unico said:

AH okay gotcha. does it hurt when you eat certain types of foods?

only if i have a cavity, ha. They aren't super sensitive, or maybe they are to cold, but most people are sometimes and i do fine with ice cream most of the time. But they are more susceptible to cavities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom