Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Uh-oh. Someone's mad.

I'm referring to my grandfather's death with the title/cover, which in case LM hasn't noticed, is pretty fucking permanent.

Like I said, perhaps I shouldn't have chosen something so personal, but it was part of the motivation behind the tracklist and I didn't expect anybody to be a dick about the title.

Screwtape2 said:

LemonMelon you aren't being clever. You're actually being quite mean. Axver put a lot into his playlist and you are making fun of it.

It's a title. I didn't say a single negative thing about his list, or him personally. If he would have written the original lyric and I said it was shit, it would be a different situation. I'm allowed to dislike a title. God knows the rest of you tore Lance apart for THRUST INTO THE INFINITE. :lol:

Sorry if I hurt you, Axver. Had no idea you had such a personal connection to the title. :shrug: We tear apart each other's lists so often I had no idea I was crossing a line.

i am really glad i saved this green curry sauce after i ate all the solids out of it for dinner sunday, cause man it is yummy with a little rice in it

mia how do you deal with going to restaurants?

Frankly, LM, even if I didn't have a connection to the title, I am not at all seeing your problem with it, and you're being an immature little bitch about it.

i have never come across a food i was allergic to, and seldom a food i didn't like, but the list includes sardines and bugs (thailand)

LemonMelon said:
God knows the rest of you tore Lance apart for THRUST INTO THE INFINITE. :lol:

Yes, because it's coupled with a cheesy picture of Superman.

Mine's with the sun setting behind a dead tree.

Bit of a difference there, you know.

Varitek said:
i am really glad i saved this green curry sauce after i ate all the solids out of it for dinner sunday, cause man it is yummy with a little rice in it

mia how do you deal with going to restaurants?

it used to be a pain, but now i've grown accustomed to asking. i usually don't have too much of a problem finding vegetarian meals. i have to ask if they have carrots in them though. sometimes they do, but it isn't written in the description. rarely do i get to enjoy soup when dining out, unless it is a miso soup or something. and that's too bad because i fuckin love soup.

Axver said:
Frankly, LM, even if I didn't have a connection to the title, I am not at all seeing your problem with it, and you're being an immature little bitch about it.

Let's separate this discussion into two separate areas, because I feel we're combining some issues that should not be mixed up:

1. As I originally said, I am very sorry that I insulted something you had a connection to. I honestly had no idea. Had you told me that weeks ago, I would have stopped, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Again, I apologize.

HOWEVER...

2. Why am I an immature little bitch because I express my dislike for something? This entire forum is horribly negative at times. It's not like my distaste for something stands out in the crowd. You must also realize that, coming from you, a person who sticks to their opinions no matter what the backlash, the criticism sounds a little strange.

unico said:

it used to be a pain, but now i've grown accustomed to asking. i usually don't have too much of a problem finding vegetarian meals. i have to ask if they have carrots in them though. sometimes they do, but it isn't written in the description. rarely do i get to enjoy soup when dining out, unless it is a miso soup or something. and that's too bad because i fuckin love soup.

right, veggie meals shouldn't be a big problem, pretty much everywhere is equipped for that these days, but i understand how they wouldn't put carrots or celery in some descriptions and it must be a pain to ask and have to wait for a response

i've never heard of those food allergies actually

i love soup too, what are your favorites? (miso's yummy but a little bland, i only like it in the context of also eating sushi...are you a no-fish veggie?)

unico said:
what are you allergic to khan?
thanks varitek. do you have food allergies?

lol, it makes cooking for me a bitch and a half. that's why i usually opt to do the cooking.
the things that seem to cause me migraines are: wine, aged cheese, peanuts and other legumes, and msg can do it sometimes. apparently so can crap like avocados, but i don't like them anyway. yay me.

unico said:

what kinda bugs?

i think it was a mealworm actually, it was a fat squishy and crunchy little nasty thing. after i gagged on it and spit it on the ground (much to the amusement of the thai vendors and the guys from the hostel i was with who'd peer pressured me into trying it) i couldn't try the crickets they were eating

there is a great/terrible picture of me about to put it in my mouth but sadly the cameraman and my shitty old camera couldn't capture the gagging scene

but i jsut ordered a new camera on amazon with my bonus!! canon 850 for $215 with 8mpixels and 4x zoom :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

the things that seem to cause me migraines are: wine, aged cheese, peanuts and other legumes, and msg can do it sometimes. apparently so can crap like avocados, but i don't like them anyway. yay me.

wine and aged cheese are amazing, that sucks!

also peanut butter

:(

and lentils, those are legumes, mmm speaking of favorite soups, i love a good lentil soup, either my mom's style (kinda standard) or with indian spices in it

avocadoes are amazingly delicious

i just forgot how to spell delicious and tried delishious and delisious

msg does give me headaches actually

Varitek said:

right, veggie meals shouldn't be a big problem, pretty much everywhere is equipped for that these days, but i understand how they wouldn't put carrots or celery in some descriptions and it must be a pain to ask and have to wait for a response

i've never heard of those food allergies actually

i love soup too, what are your favorites? (miso's yummy but a little bland, i only like it in the context of also eating sushi...are you a no-fish veggie?)

i've only met one other person allergic to carrots. she won't even eat them. she is afraid to because when she touches them she gets blisters. i can still touch them.

i do eat fish occasionally. i had to. i was losing too much hair. i looooove sushi. especially anything eel :drool:

miso can be bland, you're right. i typically add hot sauce to it (i add it to almost everything!) i also love 15/16 bean soup, lentil soup, black bean soup, tomato soup, potato soup...uh...what else :hmm:

Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person on earth who, in general, fails to appreciate Asian cuisine. :slant:

I have had some very good egg rolls in my time though, and I love wanton soup.

Varitek said:
wine and aged cheese are amazing, that sucks!

also peanut butter

:(

and lentils, those are legumes, mmm speaking of favorite soups, i love a good lentil soup, either my mom's style (kinda standard) or with indian spices in it

avocadoes are amazingly delicious

i just forgot how to spell delicious and tried delishious and delisious

msg does give me headaches actually
i know, but i can have some aged cheeses in small amounts. i don't just eat american cheese or something. i just have to be careful.

peanut butter i can also have in small amounts. the only thing that gives me a migraine no matter how little i have of it is wine.

LemonMelon said:

Let's separate this discussion into two separate areas, because I feel we're combining some issues that should not be mixed up:

1. As I originally said, I am very sorry that I insulted something you had a connection to. I honestly had no idea. Had you told me that weeks ago, I would have stopped, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Again, I apologize.

HOWEVER...

2. Why am I an immature little bitch because I express my dislike for something? This entire forum is horribly negative at times. It's not like my distaste for something stands out in the crowd. You must also realize that, coming from you, a person who sticks to their opinions no matter what the backlash, the criticism sounds a little strange.

1. I was rather intentionally keeping the personal connection under the radar. It wasn't something I wanted to emphasise. I did state it once or twice, but I understand you might not've seen that, so don't worry about not realising; I accept your apology. I wouldn't have submitted something personal if I'd thought there was a risk of getting offended. Like the tracklist, that means a lot to me, especially the ending, but since I fully expect everyone to hate my music, I'm cool with backlash and jokes. But I thought the title and cover were my best so far in these tournaments, and they're also the part with the most personal connection to me besides Untitled, so I didn't expect your comments at all and got offended.

2. I guess it's just the way you've been harping on it with a critique that I frankly find ludicrous, and the way you're throwing it into an otherwise rather humorous fake DI. I would, for the record, be cool with 50 TH15 15 T3MP0R4RY or whatever.

Or even better, So This Is Temperance. That amuses me.

Varitek said:

i think it was a mealworm actually, it was a fat squishy and crunchy little nasty thing. after i gagged on it and spit it on the ground (much to the amusement of the thai vendors and the guys from the hostel i was with who'd peer pressured me into trying it) i couldn't try the crickets they were eating

there is a great/terrible picture of me about to put it in my mouth but sadly the cameraman and my shitty old camera couldn't capture the gagging scene

but i jsut ordered a new camera on amazon with my bonus!! canon 850 for $215 with 8mpixels and 4x zoom :D

oh good! then you can try the bugs again and take better pictures for us to enjoy ;)

unico said:

i've only met one other person allergic to carrots. she won't even eat them. she is afraid to because when she touches them she gets blisters. i can still touch them.

wow blisters that is scary

i'm lucky on the genetic health front, so far as i know - eczema in childhood that was mild and disappeared almost, no alergies that i know of besides a tiny bit itchy around cats and dust mites. but, i had really high fevers as a 2 year old so ear infections which fucked up my teeth while they were developing so i have discolored molars (luckily only slightly in front, like, not noticeable after a bleaching or two) and lots of cavities

but i don't know my whole father's side so who knows with heart problems or cancer or whatever...

LemonMelon said:
Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person on earth who, in general, fails to appreciate Asian cuisine. :slant:

I have had some very good egg rolls in my time though, and I love wanton soup.

Eh, it's never done much for me either. Though hopefully the Maj. can introduce me to some good stuff since he's from that part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom