Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

don't feel bad, when i go to concerts, i usually have to go out of town. case in point: moody blues? playing in nashville. i'm seeing duran duran and liam finn in may. where? atlanta. stupid :down:

i go to concerts with my mom too but i don't mind, we have similar taste in music and it's kind of fun. it's like a bonding experience or whatever. plus, this way i know i won't get ripped off by someone who will be like "oh, about my half of the hotel room..." and then i'm stuck paying it all. NEVER AGAIN am i doing that :mad: :mad: :mad:

if you stay in maryland for college (not that i know where you're planning on going to school, lol), it wouldn't be so bad. my mom lived in baltimore and has told me of all the cool acts she's seen when she lived there.

dc gets a lot of good shows too, and is easily commutable from the metro!

unico said:
dc gets a lot of good shows too, and is easily commutable from the metro!
:yes: my mom went to dc sometimes for shows too. i don't know if public transportation wasn't good back then but she told me she didn't like going out there because it was too far of a drive! :lol:

and yet this year we're driving to atlanta for concerts (something we also did in 05) and we've also driven to chicago. dc too far? riiiiiight :lmao:

KhanadaRhodes said:

don't feel bad, when i go to concerts, i usually have to go out of town. case in point: moody blues? playing in nashville. i'm seeing duran duran and liam finn in may. where? atlanta. stupid :down:

i go to concerts with my mom too but i don't mind, we have similar taste in music and it's kind of fun. it's like a bonding experience or whatever. plus, this way i know i won't get ripped off by someone who will be like "oh, about my half of the hotel room..." and then i'm stuck paying it all. NEVER AGAIN am i doing that :mad: :mad: :mad:

if you stay in maryland for college (not that i know where you're planning on going to school, lol), it wouldn't be so bad. my mom lived in baltimore and has told me of all the cool acts she's seen when she lived there.

Yeah, seeing concerts here (well, not HERE, I don't know where here is, but somewhere in our general vicinity) is awesome because we live within driving distance of Philly, Baltimore, DC, and Pittsburgh. Lots of great acts play in...this general vicinity.

And I like the bonding angle. :) It's usually a lot of fun, and it's made my mom big fans of a few artists, most recently Wilco.

I saw only two concerts last year. Lame. Especially as I missed three others that I really wanted to see.

Just booked accommodation in Sydney for Porcupine Tree. :drool:

3 PT gigs in 3 days. 9 days away. ROCK THE FUCK ON.

LemonMelon said:
Yeah, seeing concerts here (well, not HERE, I don't know where here is, but somewhere in our general vicinity) is awesome because we live within driving distance of Philly, Baltimore, DC, and Pittsburgh. Lots of great acts play in...this general vicinity.

And I like the bonding angle. :) It's usually a lot of fun, and it's made my mom big fans of a few artists, most recently Wilco.
awww, pittsburgh, my old hometown
down.gif
i didn't live there long enough to see any concerts there, though, lol. but you're right. that is the one great thing about living further up north.

yeah, same here. i've gotten my mom into lots of bands i liked that she only casually liked before or something. and we've both discovered other bands who've opened up for the people we've gone to see.

Axver said:
I saw only two concerts last year. Lame. Especially as I missed three others that I really wanted to see.

Just booked accommodation in Sydney for Porcupine Tree. :drool:

3 PT gigs in 3 days. 9 days away. ROCK THE FUCK ON.
:up: i forget, have you seen them before?

lol, i just remembered this conversation i had with a coworker today:

her: your hair looks good today katie, did you lighten it? it looks all shiny
me: i washed it...

:lol: i guess you had to be there :giggle:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:mad: i don't like you.

i keep track of all the shows i go to, though. or rather, since getting a last.fm account, it keeps track for me!

:kiss:
well, don't get tooo upset. my friends and i are totally obsessed with this one band we've been following since college. they're local, so they have a lot of gigs in va, dc, and md. we go to as many as possible.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:up: i forget, have you seen them before?

No, they've never been to Australia before.

And I'm rather concerned this will be the only time they come to Australia, so I'm hitting all three gigs. Not as if I needed the excuse though, since they're my favourite band and all.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i keep track of all the shows i go to, though. or rather, since getting a last.fm account, it keeps track for me!

It's easy to keep track of all the shows I've been to, because it's easy to count to 5. :kiss:

Axver's 2008 gig list

29/01: Dream Theater
16/02: Explosions In The Sky supported by El May and Eluvium
01/04: Skipping Girl Vinegar - which was really just the Maj. and I watching some random small band performing during lunchtime at university
25/04: Porcupine Tree supported by Sleep Parade
26/04: Porcupine Tree supported by Sleep Parade
27/04: Porcupine Tree supported by Sleep Parade

unico said:
:kiss:
well, don't get tooo upset. my friends and i are totally obsessed with this one band we've been following since college. they're local, so they have a lot of gigs in va, dc, and md. we go to as many as possible.
:combust:
awww okay. i don't like any local bands, i suck. or rather, they all suck.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:combust:
awww okay. i don't like any local bands, i suck. or rather, they all suck.

:lol:
well if you're ever interested, i'm happy to share. they're called Carbon Leaf, and really some of the nicest guys on the planet. the bassist himself gave me his tabs so i can practice. they have a few singles on the radio. :lol: you can hear them when you go shopping at Kohl's. Life Less Ordinary is like the story of my life.

Axver said:
Axver's 2008 gig list

29/01: Dream Theater
16/02: Explosions In The Sky supported by El May and Eluvium
01/04: Skipping Girl Vinegar - which was really just the Maj. and I watching some random small band performing during lunchtime at university
25/04: Porcupine Tree supported by Sleep Parade
26/04: Porcupine Tree supported by Sleep Parade
27/04: Porcupine Tree supported by Sleep Parade
nice :up:

mine, so far (in dd/mm format for you :kiss: ):

18/2: tim finn
18/4: moody blues
17/5: duran duran
18/5: liam finn
19/7: earth, wind, and fire
9/8: crosby, stills, and nash
12/9: the b-52's
26/9: huey lewis and the news

i still haven't decided about music fest :hmm: i'd looooove to see lou reed. but i just don't know about the whole downtown thing. i went last year and saw steely dan, among other bands, and they were :drool:

unico said:
:lol:
well if you're ever interested, i'm happy to share. they're called Carbon Leaf, and really some of the nicest guys on the planet. the bassist himself gave me his tabs so i can practice. they have a few singles on the radio. :lol: you can hear them when you go shopping at Kohl's. Life Less Ordinary is like the story of my life.
:hmm: interesting. there's a kohl's by my house...

unico said:

at least your first show was hip. my first concert ever was ninja turtles :reject:

:laugh: All of my shows have been incredibly hip.

U2/Kings Of Leon
Flaming Lips/Sonic Youth
Beck
Arcade Fire/The National
Wilco
Radiohead (May 11)

KhanadaRhodes said:

nice :up:

mine, so far (in dd/mm format for you :kiss: ):

18/2: tim finn
18/4: moody blues
17/5: duran duran
18/5: liam finn
19/7: earth, wind, and fire
9/8: crosby, stills, and nash
12/9: the b-52's
26/9: huey lewis and the news

i still haven't decided about music fest :hmm: i'd looooove to see lou reed. but i just don't know about the whole downtown thing. i went last year and saw steely dan, among other bands, and they were :drool:

How were the B-52's? I would have liked that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom