Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
I was really into Screwtape's list until that Genesis track... I got about halfway through before I skipped to the next one.

I'm not a big Tori Amos fan, but this song is ballin'. Reminds me of Purple Rain.

Supper's Ready is hit or miss for people.

Hey Jupiter is a beautiful song isn't it. It is quite wonderful live. :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I was really into Screwtape's list until that Genesis track... I got about halfway through before I skipped to the next one.

I'm not a big Tori Amos fan, but this song is ballin'. Reminds me of Purple Rain.

My patience kind of paid off. The last eight minutes or so of that Genesis track is much better than any of the 14 minutes before it.

For my next playlist, I want to take one song from a concept album and create a concept around it using a bunch of different artists. For example: Taking Future Legend/Diamond Dogs (as one track) as an opening number and building a playlist after it based on telling the story of the year of the Diamond Dogs and Hunger City and all.

No idea if that can work, but it's my only idea as of right now for something a bit unique.

phillyfan26 said:
For my next playlist, I want to take one song from a concept album and create a concept around it using a bunch of different artists. For example: Taking Future Legend/Diamond Dogs (as one track) as an opening number and building a playlist after it based on telling the story of the year of the Diamond Dogs and Hunger City and all.

No idea if that can work, but it's my only idea as of right now for something a bit unique.

My suggestion is to come up with a concept unique to you. Lemonchick/Irishteen have a great unique concept that only they could come up with. Try to do the same.

Screwtape2 said:
My suggestion is to come up with a concept unique to you. Lemonchick/Irishteen have a great unique concept that only they could come up with. Try to do the same.

Well, this concept was unique this time, though it's more than a bit clichéd, I suppose. I didn't copy it off anything. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. It's a long time till DI5.

KhanadaRhodes said:

it didn't bother me at all! do i get a medal or something for listening to the whole thing and noth hating it? :D

I managed to do that too :)

Although when it started, I wasn't too into it and when I saw the length I cringed a little :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Supper's Ready is hit or miss for people.

Hey Jupiter is a beautiful song isn't it. It is quite wonderful live. :up:

The Godzilla track is mesmerizing.

Reminds me of the Little Jimmy Scott track from your last list.

the tourist said:

It's all in one track, right? And we can choose to leave in hidden tracks, right? :yes:

If I run the next tournament, I'd disqualify it under rule ... #6, I believe it is. The one about pushing the rules.

Axver: Question: DI Playlist:

An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart counts as one track. What about other similar situations? Is each one individually decided as legal or not?

Screwtape2 said:

It is from one of the great moments from the movie where a choir is singing a prayer to the dead and dying of Tokyo. Have you ever seen the original Japanese version of the Godzilla?

No, only the butchered American version and the even shittier remake. :grumpy:

phillyfan26 said:
Axver: Question: DI Playlist:

An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart counts as one track. What about other similar situations? Is each one individually decided as legal or not?

Because the issue crops up so infrequently, yeah, it's decided on a case-by-case basis. Basically, to get permission to use more than one indexed track, it has to be demonstrated that the song in question is one song indexed over multiple tracks - in other words, if you just used one of the indexed tracks, the song would not be complete.

Of course, for ACD/ITH, you can avoid the issue entirely by finding one of the pressings of Boy where it is indexed as just one cohesive track in the first place.

Also, can I just say how lame it is that the PF Survivor has ended with Time vs Comfortably Numb? It reminds me of the original U2 Survivor with Streets vs One in the final ...

Axver said:
Because the issue crops up so infrequently, yeah, it's decided on a case-by-case basis. Basically, to get permission to use more than one indexed track, it has to be demonstrated that the song in question is one song indexed over multiple tracks - in other words, if you just used one of the indexed tracks, the song would not be complete.

Of course, for ACD/ITH, you can avoid the issue entirely by finding one of the pressings of Boy where it is indexed as just one cohesive track in the first place.

OK, my thinking when asking the question was Future Legend/Diamond Dogs from Bowie's Diamond Dogs album. Future Legend is a spoken word intro to the song, and there's a crowd cheering section in the middle that runs over the split between the tracks. In the context, it makes sense, but with just Diamond Dogs, it's a very jarring opening. If I ever decide to use it, I'd send it to you for decision.

Axver said:
what about pioneer/six months in a leaky boat? :grumpy:

phillyfan26 said:
In the context, it makes sense, but with just Diamond Dogs, it's a very jarring opening. If I ever decide to use it, I'd send it to you for decision.
you mean to all of a sudden hear cheering and "this isn't rock n roll! this is genocide!" :giggle:

KhanadaRhodes said:
you mean to all of a sudden hear cheering and "this isn't rock n roll! this is genocide!" :giggle:

This isn't rock 'n' roll! This is GENOCIDE!

Love that.

phillyfan26 said:

OK, my thinking when asking the question was Future Legend/Diamond Dogs from Bowie's Diamond Dogs album. Future Legend is a spoken word intro to the song, and there's a crowd cheering section in the middle that runs over the split between the tracks. In the context, it makes sense, but with just Diamond Dogs, it's a very jarring opening. If I ever decide to use it, I'd send it to you for decision.

By your description, I think that would be allowed.

KhanadaRhodes said:

what about pioneer/six months in a leaky boat? :grumpy:

Definitely not, as I've used SMIALB by itself before, and on a playlist currently under construction, for a little while I had Pioneer by itself! :lol:

(It got ditched for Stuff And Nonsense.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom