Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten six votes in a row for Desert Island. I'm going to stop commenting on my chances from now on.

I know Khan kicked me out because I didn't think combining the Spice Girls and October was a good idea, but here I am anyway. :wave:

LemonMelon said:
Just getting into the festive DI spirit. :wink: having a nice lunch and am in an agreeable mood. And you?
yes :drool: i only have four more playlists to listen to. i was going to listen to them last night so i could be done before the whole tournament started, but i got a migraine and was in bed all day, save for like 30 minutes when i tried coming online.

aaaaaaaanyway, i'm just trying to pretend i'm actually working, although actually doing a little bit of work for a change as i'm trying to get on my boss's good side for a job opening :yippie:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes :drool: i only have four more playlists to listen to. i was going to listen to them last night so i could be done before the whole tournament started, but i got a migraine and was in bed all day, save for like 30 minutes when i tried coming online.

aaaaaaaanyway, i'm just trying to pretend i'm actually working, although actually doing a little bit of work for a change as i'm trying to get on my boss's good side for a job opening :yippie:

You've still got mine left to listen to, right? :sigh: That's the breaks of being in such a late group, I suppose. :down:

Hope you feel better. Any idea what set off the migraine?

phillyfan26 said:
I'm not gonna lie, the Desert Island thing is going to turn out humiliating for me.

I doubt it. You're going to win today's match for sure, and I predict you'll be in a close race for a quarterfinals spot. Group 1 is pretty tight.

LemonMelon said:
You've still got mine left to listen to, right? :sigh: That's the breaks of being in such a late group, I suppose. :down:

Hope you feel better. Any idea what set off the migraine?
yeah, i've got lmp, yours, phanan, and zootlesque left. but i'll listen to them all tonight :)

thanks, although i feel fine today. i'm not sure, although it could've been the weather. i didn't go outside at all yesterday, but it apparently rained :lol:

LemonMelon said:

I doubt it. You're going to win today's match for sure, and I predict you'll be in a close race for a quarterfinals spot. Group 1 is pretty tight.

At the time, I was down 4-0. :wink:

'sup fellas? :wave:

I've gotta get crackin' on listening to Group 2, but all of Group 1 were pretty solid. I don't have a clear favorite yet.

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i've got lmp, yours, phanan, and zootlesque left. but i'll listen to them all tonight :)

thanks, although i feel fine today. i'm not sure, although it could've been the weather. i didn't go outside at all yesterday, but it apparently rained :lol:

That's a ton of music left. I could maybe get two done in a night, but no more. :lol:

:hug: Sorry about the crappy weather. It's in the 60's without a cloud in the sky here!

I already voted for you, but I'm still willing to accept bribes for future rounds.

LemonMelon said:
That's a ton of music left. I could maybe get two done in a night, but no more. :lol:

:hug: Sorry about the crappy weather. It's in the 60's without a cloud in the sky here!
oh it's no problem for me, i can usually listen to three playlists in an evening, four if i push it.

thanks :hug: that's what it's like today too, but it's been raining pretty much nonstop for a couple months now. it's ridiculous. the mississippi river is like waaaaaaaaaay past flood stage, and tons of roads are flooded and undriveable, although luckily nothing near where i live. i did encounter one this weekend though when i was trying to go exploring :mad:

phillyfan26 said:

At the time, I was down 4-0. :wink:

That happened to me a few times last year. People with different tastes log in earlier or later than others, and sometimes you get off to a slow start... But it tends to even out.

Plus, I've noticed that weirder, more obscure lists tend to do better down the stretch, because by then people will have actually listened to them. Please note Axver's DI2 list which lost its first match but went on to reach the finals, or Screwtape's list last year that just barely made it past the first few rounds, but ended up making it to the semis.

LemonMelon said:

That happened to me a few times last year. People with different tastes log in earlier or later than others...and sometimes you get off to a slow start. But it tends to even out.

Plus, I've noticed that weirder, more obscure lists tend to do better down the stretch, because by then people will have actually listened to them. Please note Axver's DI2 list which lost its first match but went on to reach the finals, or Screwtape's list last year that just barely made it past the first few rounds, but made it to the semis.

He's right, you know.

Can you PM me those missing song soon please? I'd like to make an assessment of our epic list while it's still fresh. Are you still conflicted about your credit, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom