Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
Howdy all, not gonna stay for long, but just wanted to say that I have finally seen U2 3D, and hence I have seen the ultimate version of the Fly.

ITS ABOUT TIME SON!!!!!!

wasnt it just awesome ...................

swoon ....

:drool:

I just popped into EYKIW, and I really am surprised by the fact NASOTR is receiving so many votes in Rest Of U2 Survivor. In all my time here, it has seemed to be quite a fan favourite. It was this forum's love for it that prompted me to give the song a second chance, as I initially thought rather little of it. I'm rather baffled by the fact it's coming in second on the polling at the moment. Before the current category began, I thought it would either win or come second to Lady With The Spinning Head.

lady with the spinning head FTW this round i think.

does this competiton actually get to voting down to the overall absolute no 1 song ?? like pitting each album, or non album winner against each other to finally get the ultimate?

Axver said:

Yeah, The Fly's worth the price of admission alone.

Did you hand in your Terrorism essay yesterday or are you taking advantage of the Friday extension?

I need to work on mine a fair bit this evening ...

I'm tempted to watch it again just for the Fly.

And yes, I have handed in my essay, mainly cause I have another due next week.

mysterious_jen said:
lady with the spinning head FTW this round i think.

I want Alex Descends Into Hell to win. LWTSH is my #2, so I'd be quite happy if it advanced. Where Did It All Go Wrong? would be a cool winner too.

does this competiton actually get to voting down to the overall absolute no 1 song ?? like pitting each album, or non album winner against each other to finally get the ultimate?

Yep.

major_panic said:

I'm tempted to watch it again just for the Fly.

And yes, I have handed in my essay, mainly cause I have another due next week.

Both times I saw it, I wish they'd turned up the volume during The Fly, heh.

Ah, good move. I don't think I've got anything besides the Terrorism essay due for at least 2.5 weeks now, hurrah.

Axver said:

I want Alex Descends Into Hell to win. LWTSH is my #2, so I'd be quite happy if it advanced. Where Did It All Go Wrong? would be a cool winner too.

Yep.

thank christ for that ! this has been the longest survivor thing ever ! :lol:

Saw a thing in the IMAX saying that there were 15,000 watts of sound in U23D. :drool:
(still wasn't enough!)

Definitely something you get more out of on a second viewing :up: There's a lot to keep track of.

*went and voted for Slow Dancing* Can't remember if I've heard Bottoms.

mysterious_jen said:

thank christ for that ! this has been the longest survivor thing ever ! :lol:

The original Survivor, where we just did the standard albums, dragged on even longer, if memory serves me correctly.

Next time, we need a quicker and better voting format. The format of the David Bowie Survivor on B&C at the moment intrigues me, though it's also a bit confusing.

Alisaura said:
Saw a thing in the IMAX saying that there were 15,000 watts of sound in U23D. :drool:
(still wasn't enough!)

Definitely something you get more out of on a second viewing :up: There's a lot to keep track of.

I saw that! I then said to one of my friends "Look, 15 killer wasps!"

Alisaura said:
*went and voted for Slow Dancing* Can't remember if I've heard Bottoms.

I can send it to you if you don't have it.

I think it's pretty awesome. To tell the truth, depending on what day you ask me, I'd say I prefer it over Zoo Station.

Hey everybody!!!

What is happening in here. Can't stay for long, because I need to be preparing for my Lit SAC, but I can't because I cannot be fucked and that's really bad cos it's Yr 12 and the SAC's on Thursday :scream:

Are you guys going to see U23d again cin and jen?

COBL_04 said:
Hey everybody!!!

What is happening in here. Can't stay for long, because I need to be preparing for my Lit SAC, but I can't because I cannot be fucked and that's really bad cos it's Yr 12 and the SAC's on Thursday :scream:

Are you guys going to see U23d again cin and jen?

mabbey :whistle:

what if the 23rd isnt the last screening, its just the last one listed?

who can be bothered emailing them to find out ?

Axver said:
I can send it to you if you don't have it.

I think it's pretty awesome. To tell the truth, depending on what day you ask me, I'd say I prefer it over Zoo Station.
Aah, is that one of the Passengers B-sides? I do have it... remember that now. :lol:

I think I'm going to bed. Got no sleep last night for coughing. :crack:

Well I certainly wouldn't be indifferent to the idea of seeing it once more....

But I bet jen that you'd take the Telstra Dome way if you do see it again. ;)

mysterious_jen said:
what if the 23rd isnt the last screening, its just the last one listed?

who can be bothered emailing them to find out ?
I think they don't have the session times until the week before, or something... ?

I'll be up for #4 any time :D

COBL_04 said:
Well I certainly wouldn't be indifferent to the idea of seeing it once more....

But I bet jen that you'd take the Telstra Dome way if you do see it again. ;)

:lol: I guess I could pull my finger out and drive, that is if you don't mind going in a daggy Focus with Woody from ToyStory hanging from the mirror.

Alisaura said:

Aah, is that one of the Passengers B-sides? I do have it... remember that now. :lol:

I think I'm going to bed. Got no sleep last night for coughing. :crack:

Yeah, it's the one with the weirdo alternate name, Watashitachi No Ookima Yume. B-side to Miss Sarajevo. I think it's a rather catchy instrumental, personally.

Bleh, that sounds no fun. Have a better night tonight! :wave:

cinnaminson said:

:lol: I guess I could pull my finger out and drive, that is if you don't mind going in a daggy Focus with Woody from ToyStory hanging from the mirror.

cant you handle any more of my swearing a freaking out ?? :lmao:

i want to take the train so i can drink :drool: properly at the irish pub

cinnaminson said:

For some reason, this doesn't surprise me. :lol:

And yes, we all know that if I were able to drive, I'd have some cheapo stingemobile with a good sound system loaded with Porcupine Tree CDs, and thick books on nerdy obscure shit strewn all across the back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom