Come hither! A question for the soulful...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was going to ask what your fave thing to do is on your own but decided against it as Im sure the pervy boys will turn it into a dirty thread
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh heh!

soooooo lets just get that one right out there and forget about it, now please tell me what non sexual things you like to do in your own company, all by your lonesome....

------------------
Slane/Lon tour pics

read, watch TV, video......

....or dress up in red slips and corsets and dance to Moulin Rouge.......something I would do privately for me fella......when I gots one..............hope its him up tha hill, what a cutie!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I was going to ask what your fave thing to do is on your own but decided against it as Im sure the pervy boys will turn it into a dirty thread
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh heh!

soooooo lets just get that one right out there and forget about it, now please tell me what non sexual things you like to do in your own company, all by your lonesome....

(Well, true, it was wise to drop the first question).

Basically if you are on your own and have a night with nothing to do, nothing beats getting hopelessly, sentimentally drunk while watching some European movie about the meaning of life (aren't they all?), or alternatively while singing out loud to your favourite records.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

i do stuff.

mad.gif

if you really need to know i do the ironing or play play staion or annoy the cats or read or stuff.

where are you?

mad.gif

not really mad btw....

i have a thistle thingy in my foot. one of those stupid invisible ones. it hurts.
frown.gif

When I am alone and having nothing to do..... I come to Interference.

I guess that I don't really like being alone. That's why the invented chat rooms and forums. For people like me.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
When I am alone and having nothing to do..... I come to Interference.
ME, TOO!! ....except this also happens when I do have other things to do. Hm.....

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono~

"The moment an artist loses his personality and magnetism, the moment his secret leaks out, the curtain comes down on his prosperity" ~Houdini~

hmmmm

Clean the house
Wash the car
Sit here all day
Listen to music
Make new diamondunsexyphotoshopphotos

Originally posted by WildHonee:
ME, TOO!! ....except this also happens when I do have other things to do. Hm.....

ME, TOO!!! ..... Like right now, I am at work, and I have been here all day!! Thank god it is slow because alot of people are off this week!!!!

April, in trying to cut down my time spent on interference, I didnt notice this thread until now, so its not just because all the guys had the easiest answer taken away, its that some of us were indisposed
smile.gif

Now then, things I do when Im by myself... keeping in mind im 17... I play Diablo 2, nintendo, watch tv, chat on the net, listen to music, go back to bed, if necessary clean or do homework, depends on the weather but see if i can hitch a ride to the golf course with my friends, i dunno, just stuff
smile.gif

Periodically I wonder about my life, why hthings are the way they are, if its really worth changing... and then I realise that people are fickle and stupid and it doesnt really matter what I do cuz Im happy the way I am and if other people dont like it they can kiss my ass LOL

listen to music, go on the web, or watch TV

i hate watching movies alone though

------------------
and everything you hoped would last
just always becomes the past
it hurts but...

I read. I have been an obsessed book junkie since literally before I can remember.

I also listen to music, hang out on the Internet, and write. I don't write enough, though.

Especially since I entered the work world and all that fun stuff, I mostly seem to read and listen to music--usually at the same time--in my alone time. I never feel any more like I have enough time to read, though I still read more than 95% of people I know. So when I have time on my own, that's the main thing I do. I definitely spend more time reading than listening to music, though I listen to music on the way to work and so forth.

I've always been sort of a loner--far less than when I was in my teens, but probably still more than the average person. I just love curling up with a good book and a good CD and preferably something yummy to eat too.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Originally posted by Klodomir:
I like to watch schmalzy movies that make me cry.

I'll second that...for some reason I like to depress myself by watching sad movies...but cause I'm alone I can really bawl and not be embarrassed.

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Salome:
I question my possibilities

ohhh, me too. but it is so bad for me because after a whole night i get frustrated. lately i've been trying to study in advance for my finals...and write my essay for scholarships at my future university (the University of South Dakota in Vermillion). i know, i know, i'm a nerd...

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

I'm a pretty quiet guy, and have always spent the majority of my time alone, which I like a lot, although there are times when I wish I was with someone lately.

I just got back from bird watching. There are some artificial wetlands at a place here in Tucson called Sweet Water. It is a large water treatment facility. In the winter, all kinds of cool ducks and other birds stop over, making it a hot-spot for birders here. I saw my first Hooded Merganser today! There was also a lone Canada Goose, which was a little odd. This is a little out of the way for both birds. Anyway, it's a fun and relaxing thing to do on my own, but there are times when I would like to go with another person. I often meet interesting people there, though.

I also like to read, write, jog, hike, and listen to music. When I go to a movie, it's usually by myself. I used to draw A LOT when I was a kid, but I haven't done that for a while.

------------------
"As much as I definitely enjoy solitude,
I wouldn't mind perhaps
spending a little time with you."
bjork

Originally posted by travu2:
I'm a pretty quiet guy, and have always spent the majority of my time alone, which I like a lot, although there are times when I wish I was with someone lately.

Hey, no need to be alone when you don't want to....just come visit me
wink.gif

Or e-mail if you want...though we talk all the time...hippyactress@hotmail.com

------------------

Originally posted by travu2:

I just got back from bird watching. There are some artificial wetlands at a place here in Tucson called Sweet Water. It is a large water treatment facility. In the winter, all kinds of cool ducks and other birds stop over, making it a hot-spot for birders here. I saw my first Hooded Merganser today! There was also a lone Canada Goose, which was a little odd. This is a little out of the way for both birds. Anyway, it's a fun and relaxing thing to do on my own, but there are times when I would like to go with another person. I often meet interesting people there, though.

I would not know a Hooded Merganser if it jumped up and pecked me on the nose, but there are too many of those #@&%*$ Canada Geese up here in Canada. They can look quite poetic but they make terrible messes around lakes and so on. My mom is from Finland and she claims that the first time she saw a Canada Goose she was surprised that it didn't have a little Canadian flag on its big flat back, like all those Canadian backpackers with tons of little flags on their luggage
biggrin.gif

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Thanks, ya long-haired hippy.
wink.gif

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I would not know a Hooded Merganser if it jumped up and pecked me on the nose,

Well, of course not; your natural response to such an attack would be to close your eyes.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

LOL@your mom

I like to sleep!
biggrin.gif
Also hang out with my friends, read - and then of course are the things that I can't put off anymore, like bills, cleaning and all that fun stuff!

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
I like watching paint dry

Ah! Finally a kindred spirit!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom