college students i need your help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvLarryMullen

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hi everyone I just realized that I have a paper due tomorrow for my sociology class which I must interview 5 female and 5 male undergraduate college students for. If anyone out there can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. It won't take very long I promise, it is about your expectations for carrer and family in the future. Please pm me or leave a message here and I will love you forever

*is about to have a nervous breakdown*

Last edited:
ok, I'm going to list out some questions because I'm going to go to bed for a couple of hours. Please feel free to elaborate on your answers as much as you like. Please leave me your age/year in school, gender, and general location.

The point of this paper is to examine college students expectations for balancing carrer and family in the future, and the differences between expectations for different genders.

what kind of carrer do you expect for yourself in the future? For your partner? Do you expect to have children? Who will care for the children and who will be the main breadwinner, or will these tasks be equally shared? When in life do you hope to start a family? Do you plan on you or your spouse to cut back on work to make once children are born? Do you (or your spouse) plan on goig back to work full-time once the children reach a certain age? .....anything else related that you can think of.

If anyone can help me I will be more greatful than you can imagine.

my paper is due in 8 hours....my life sucks :(

Hi. :wave: I'm an 18 year old freshmen female college student at Bowling Green State University in Ohio. I'm majoring in visual communication technology.

what kind of carrer do you expect for yourself in the future? I hope to work for a design firm or advertising agency, I don't know what that title would be. Eventually, I hope to be an art director.

For your partner? Probably a creative field as well. Preferable a rock star. :p (I'm only half joking here. :| )

Do you expect to have children? Yes (2-3)

Who will care for the children and who will be the main breadwinner, or will these tasks be equally shared? Equal

When in life do you hope to start a family? I hope to have my first child between the ages of 30-35

Do you plan on you or your spouse to cut back on work to make once children are born? I'll probably work only half time if possible until my youngest is 3-4. But, if it's more convient for my husband to take the time off, then he'll stay home with the kids.

Do you (or your spouse) plan on going back to work full-time once the children reach a certain age? Yes

Ok I am a 20 year old college junior. I am studying in Prague this semester. And I lovely young lady as well.
I am hoping to either be a public interest constitutional lawyer for the ACLU or a Medieval History Professor. I have no idea what my future partner will be employed as. It is my hope that someone whom I chose to spend my life with would put his interests and the common good before money though. (I.E. I would rather be with a teacher than a stock broker. It's a buddhist thing.) I assume that I will have children although right now I deny that pretty vehemently whenever asked. But most people change thier minds as time goes on, so I am giving my hormones the benefit of the doubt. My partner and I will both share child rearing / money making roles equally. It produces well rounded children. I probably wont start a family until my late 20's early 30s. Not before 27 at anyrate. I think that either I or my spouse will take some time off work when the kids are younger. But once they get to school we'll prbably be back full timing it. I think it is important for young children to have their parents around them though. I plan on putting family first (ie no too long nights, etc.) I expect that anyone I was with would do the same. I am also a huge proponent of Fathers spending alot of time with kids (my dad was a stay at home for a long time and it rocked.) I think that people underestimate the importance of men in child rearing. So hopefully when the kids are younger I could take some time off and then he could so it would be equal and the kids could have alot of time with both of us.
Hope this helps!

GOD LUCK!

Ok, i have all the female students i need. Where are all the guys!?!!

Madonna's child and notiti, I cannot thank you enough, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.

hi, i'm a 19 year old (female) college sophomore (hehe, you've got one of each right now) at the university of memphis here in shitty tennessee.

i'm majoring in hospitality and resort management, which is essentially training me to manage a hotel or timeshare. i will even take a class or two in managing restaurants. the cool thing about my college and my major is that the founder of holiday inn donated the money to build one on campus, so once i eventually wade through all my business crap first, i'll get to take classes at a hotel! :wink:

what kind of career do you expect for yourself in the future?: i hope to be a manager at a timeshare in florida, it'll be loads of fun. :D

for your partner?: it all depends on whenever he decides on what he wants to do, lol. he's not started college yet, but he's deciding what he wants to do before he goes to college, unlike his brother who's been in college long enough to get a bachelor's but is still undecided.

do you expect to have children?: child, yes. :laugh:

who will care for the children and who will be the main breadwinner, or will these tasks be equally shared?: it'll probably be my husband, because that's just a fact of life. unless i become a ceo of some major hotel and he's fryboy at mcdonald's, he'll probably make more than me.

when in life do you hope to start a family?: definitely not until we're both out of college and are financially secure. we only want to have one child, so we want to make sure we can raise her in a good environment where no one's bitter because someone had to give up something because now we had three mouths to feed or something.

do you plan on you or your spouse to cut back on work to make once children are born?: yes, but by choice. when my mom went on maternity leave, she quit, and didn't go back to work until i was a couple years old, and only went to work part-time, eventually going to work full-time as i got more used to day care and babysitters. i think because of that i'm super close to my mom and totally thank her for doing that, because i consider her my best friend. i plan on doing the same with my daughter. i'll go back to work part-time after a while, and have her used to day care before it's time for her to go to school, so she won't be crying for mommy the first day of kindergarten like some of the other kids.

do you (or your spouse) plan on going back to work full-time once the children reach a certain age?: yep. unless my husband becomes that rich ceo, i'll have to. i'd rather have us both working full-time and living comfortably (meaning we can pay all our bills on time, and still have some money left over to plan for college funds, retirement funds, etc.) than to have me be a stay-at-home mom or me working part-time and us barely squeaking by.

*scrounges other people

ILuvLarryMullen said:

what kind of carrer do you expect for yourself in the future? For your partner? Do you expect to have children? Who will care for the children and who will be the main breadwinner, or will these tasks be equally shared? When in life do you hope to start a family? Do you plan on you or your spouse to cut back on work to make once children are born? Do you (or your spouse) plan on goig back to work full-time once the children reach a certain age? .....anything else related that you can think of.

Lemme know how many more you need, this campus is CRAWLING with college students ;)

1. what kind of carrer do you expect for yourself in the future?

Teaching. I'm good at it and it's something I think is imperative to society. And I'm down with taking low pay in cash but high payoffs.

2. For your partner?
Probably also a teacher or a psychologist ( :sexywink: )...definately not a mathematician or something CRAZY like that. But probably we'd be in somewhat the same income brackett, which would hopefully place us in the upper middle class after we had an established family and life together.

3. Do you expect to have children?
Yes, definately. And as I age I tend to want more than just the one I wanted before. Kids are fun. Expensive, but fun.

4. Who will care for the children and who will be the main breadwinner, or will these tasks be equally shared?

They'd be as equally shared as possible, but I'd probably care more and my husband would probably earn more, just cos that's easier (men get paid more to begin with and since I'd be the one having the babies, I'd just be more apt to care for them more).

5. When in life do you hope to start a family?
Mid-to late 20s. After both my husband and I are graduated from college and are set in steady jobs.

6. Do you plan on you or your spouse to cut back on work to make once children are born?
I probably will since I'll get maternity leave for SURE. And I would hope that my husband would cut back time for me and the baby as well. Actually, I'll change the word "hope" there to the word "expect."

7. Do you (or your spouse) plan on goig back to work full-time once the children reach a certain age?

I certainly do. Once my kids are all above the age of 4, or in kindergarden, I'm back to work. Being a stay at home mom with no kids for 6 hours a day doesn't really appeal to me.

And, I'm 18, a freshman, and I live in South Dakota.

Re: *scrounges other people

1. what kind of career do you expect for yourself in the future?

I'm not sure yet. Possibly teaching, possibly a job in the publishing field, HOPEFULLY a full-time writer.

2. For your partner?

Anything that pays decently and makes him happy, with the possible exception of, say, hitman.

3. Do you expect to have children?

Probably not.

4. Who will care for the children and who will be the main breadwinner, or will these tasks be equally shared?

(See answer to #3)

5. When in life do you hope to start a family?

(See answer to #3 again)

6. Do you plan on you or your spouse to cut back on work to make once children are born?

Hmmmmm, I think I'm pretty useless for this survey...

I'm 20 years old, junior in college, live in Pennsylvania.

thanks so much for your help you guys, I really really appreciate it. I've turned my paper in and I think I did okay on it. I got my midterm back today and I did well on that so yay for me :). Man am I ever tired though, i got almost no sleep last night. :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom