College radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
For some reason, I kind of stopped listening to college radio after I actually graduated from college. I was listening to this hippie-crunchy local station for a while last summer, and plus my ex had satellite radio, so I got away from it. But with a combined 1.5-hour-long commute 5 days a week, I've been exploring radio more again, and I've rediscovered my old college's station as well as a community college station.

It's funny how, when the stations don't have shows on, they, like top 40 radio, tend to play a lot of the same songs...except they're good songs. :) I hear "Landed" by Ben Folds a couple of times a week.

Give it up for your favorite college radio stations here!

My picks:
WRKC 88.5: Radio King's College (my alma mater)
WSFX 105.5: Luzerne County Community College radio
WUSR 99.5: University of Scranton radio (which gets really bad reception and is hard to pick up even just outside of Scranton city limits, but when you can get it, it's a good station...they tend to play a lot of mariachi and Tejano music around dinnertime)

Well, I've only heard one so that's what I'll mention -- KAOR 91.1 here at University of South Dakota. It's really a good station -- the station manager has fantastic taste in music and since he loads most of the automation, when there's no shows it's usually great. Unfortunately most of the student DJs tend to be into Good Charlotte/Blink-182/whatever...

kcsu 90.5 at colorado state in fort collins is really good. they play good music all day, and have sweet specialty shows at night...check out their top 30 @ kcsufm.com and tell me it's not awesome.

also, the radio station that i'll be on later this semester, aims community college radio @ 88.9 ".50000 watts of power and a community college attitude":lol:

i got some fun listening out of CHRW in London On from the university of western ontario..

now I have my own show on the radio station in Hamilton.. 93.3 CFMU: Redefining Radio in your community! It's a really fun dig!

sorry, aims student radio is on 88.1, not what i said above...just in case you are ever within a two block radius of 20th street and 47th avenue in greeley, co.

i like college radio.

but being the asshole i am, i have no patience to listen to more than about 20 minutes at a time of anyone's shows other than my own :shifty:

IWasBored said:
i like college radio.

but being the asshole i am, i have no patience to listen to more than about 20 minutes at a time of anyone's shows other than my own :shifty:

lol yeah i'm kinda the same way. it doesn't help that i can't get our station in my basement apt and i have to rely on the fairly crappy webstream either. also if ipods had radio tuner's i'd probably listen a tad bit more. but still.. i really like controlling what i play, which is why having a show is so cool i guess ;p

SkeeK said:

lol yeah i'm kinda the same way. it doesn't help that i can't get our station in my basement apt and i have to rely on the fairly crappy webstream either. also if ipods had radio tuner's i'd probably listen a tad bit more. but still.. i really like controlling what i play, which is why having a show is so cool i guess ;p

right now that's the same sort of problem i have. i lost the antenna from my radio, and i'm not going to listen to the crappy webstream. but i admit to being just an all-around jerk, cos i probably wouldn't listen anyway.

WUSR was a nice little Christmas present for me this past christmas.

My Favorite is Uof Illinois' radio station (I have been gone for four months, and I can't remember it).

UofMinnesota has a pretty decent station, but is AM (770 RadioK) - and it goes off after 7pm.

The University of Penn is what I listen to these days, but it just doesn't live up to the "college radio" peg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom