College-People Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:13 AM
junior, Calvin College (Michigan), age 20, studying business communications and information systems (useful computer stuff, not geeky programming), plan to move south (Florida) and go to vet tech school someday.

I don't think my grades will suffer b/c of U2. I'm going to Africa for a month in January and I made the decision that that was just too great of an opportunity to pass up and U2 concerts will take the back seat financially. I hope to see them in close cities (Chicago and Cleveland) and maybe over spring break if a) I can get down south and b) their touring co-incides with my road trip. I'm taking the minimum credits allowed to be a full-time student (anything less and I lose financial aid and scholarships). I've got one course (CAS 240, group communications/speech) that could cause problems if missed frequently (don't want to be screwing my classmates' grades) so I'll look into replacing it with something else.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:39 PM   #47
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:13 AM
I am at George Mason University in Northern Virginia. I am for lack of a better definition a Post-Baccalaureate student.

I am trying to get into med school so I am taking a bunch of science reqs I need to apply and take the MCAT. I may try and add a Bio degree while I am at it.

I graduated from University of Maryland in 1998 with a degree in Marketing and also spent one year at Washington State University before Maryland.

The spring will be a struggle I will go to some U2 shows, but seeing that I am now poor again, I do not know if I will get to as many as I want between school and the $$ situation. It will be hard for me to miss two many classes. I just hope they are not in my area when I am getting crushed with lab reports and exams or once summer session starts in the late spring.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #48
Refugee

I'm in law school at U of GA and know that I'll probably miss a day or two, what with camping out and maybe sleeping in the next day....I want to go to more than just the Atlanta show, but don't really know where that would be, and if I would have enough money, but I think I would sell my soul/body parts/whatever to get to a couple more shows, esp. if they are on my spring break
Old 11-30-2004, 07:15 PM   #49
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
I'm making my degree project (tesis) in a public college (Universidad Nacional) in Colombia
Old 12-01-2004, 03:05 AM   #50
War Child

Local Time: 01:13 PM
As you lot have probably guessed from my Alevels that im studying, i want to go to university and study a law degree and then hopefully fingers crossed become a solicitor or even better a barrister
Old 12-01-2004, 07:14 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by spencr00
Special Ed major at SUNY Buffalo...good stuff. Gonna be studying in Pittsburgh for the spring semester though. Gonna be good times drivin around from city to city on tour
nice to see another western new yorker floating around here
Old 12-01-2004, 07:32 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lauren430
I'm in law school at U of GA and know that I'll probably miss a day or two, what with camping out and maybe sleeping in the next day....I want to go to more than just the Atlanta show, but don't really know where that would be, and if I would have enough money, but I think I would sell my soul/body parts/whatever to get to a couple more shows, esp. if they are on my spring break

i'm a recovering professional student, feeling lost in the world after being in school for 21 years. i got my law degree last year. it was a lot of work, but i loved it. good luck!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:19 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
I'm a professor at the University of Rocking Out.

Seriously, you dont even know. YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW!!!!!
NICE.

Myself, I'm two years away from being Art Van de Lay.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Pennypacker is the name.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:36 AM   #55
Refugee

Local Time: 09:13 AM
i've been meaning to post in this thread soo here goes...

I'm a senior (as of yesterday after finishing my junior year) at Arizona State University in Tempe which is 15 min from Phoenix. Came here as a Computer Information Systems major but it wasn't for me so i switched to Grographic Info. Sys.. I am getting my BS in geography with a emphasis in GIS (Geographic Information Systems). Will graduate by May 2006 and might go for the masters GIS program which is another year.

I did an internship from June through October for a proffessor in which i helped plan the securiity detail for the last presidential debate on my own campus. I basically work with maps, databases, make maps, etc all with a computer for various agencies including FBI, CIA, Secret Service. etc. We also integrated these databases with palm pilots which had a global positioning device and floor plans loaded on the palms so the officers could know where they where on ASU's campus during the event. If they for some reason, needed to know the floor plan layout, number of wings or floors, etc; theey could click on the building of where they were at (physically) on these palm pilots and this information would pop up.

Past month i been working on the Maricopa County (where Phoenix metro area is) 911 system with a co-worker on improving a mapping database to include houses and buildings addresses and whether they are vacant or not because the fire dept has no idea when they get dispatched for some reason.

heres an article that the professor i worked for was interviewed for on the ASU Presidential debate...

ASU research plays role in securing presidential debate

Supported by ASU DPS and led by Talbot Brooks, an assistant research professional in geography, a team unveiled a new integrated Geographic Information System/Science System designed for public safety use. The system gives officers new tools, ranging from maps to crime-pattern analysis, that can be used instantly in the field.

If you want to read the entire article... go here... http://www.asu.edu/asunews/research/...ole_102604.htm

this is basically the type of work i do and i love doing it!
Old 12-15-2004, 06:57 AM   #56
Acrobat

Location: Chicago till July, then moving to Belfast for grad school
since this thread has been revived.....

I'm a senior at Northwestern University, which is right outside Chicago. I came in as a theatre major, added French and political science, but now I've dropped all 3 of those and I'm a European History major with a focus on Ireland. I'm writing my honors thesis on Sinn Fein (will not bore anyone with details) and I'll almost definitely be at Queens University in Belfast next year for an MA in Irish Studies, and hopefully I'll go on to get a phd. There's no decent book on Sinn Fein, so perhaps I'll literally write the book on it.

I'm also a huge college radio geek. http://www.wnur.org/
Old 12-15-2004, 07:34 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tennispunk
since this thread has been revived.....

I'm a senior at Northwestern University, which is right outside Chicago. I came in as a theatre major, added French and political science, but now I've dropped all 3 of those and I'm a European History major with a focus on Ireland. I'm writing my honors thesis on Sinn Fein (will not bore anyone with details) and I'll almost definitely be at Queens University in Belfast next year for an MA in Irish Studies, and hopefully I'll go on to get a phd. There's no decent book on Sinn Fein, so perhaps I'll literally write the book on it.

I'm also a huge college radio geek. http://www.wnur.org/
Are you going to qub for next years semester (Feb - May?). I leave Queen's next year (Sept) for a year abroad and will be back again in 2006 for another year of studying. Then I'm either going to do an MA or PGCE.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #58
The Fly

Local Time: 05:13 AM
I'm a senior at Academy of Art University .. the school is in San Francisco, and next semester is my last!. I will have a BFA in Film with a emphasis in editing.
I am burned out on school right now so I'm looking foward to graduating...and yes the U2 tour will hurt my grades.. and I will accept that!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristie
Purdue, majoring in anthropology. Right now I'm donig a whole lot of archaeology research.
I'm at Cal State Northridge also majoring in anthropology (socio-cultural)-- my emphasis is in folk healing and medical decsion making.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #60
Acrobat

Location: Chicago till July, then moving to Belfast for grad school
I'd actually start in September '05....for awhile it looked like I'd be done this December, but I decided to write an honors thesis instead, so I'm not finished until I turn that in at the end of April.

Where are you studying abroad? And what would you be getting your MA in - French/Spanish?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Are you going to qub for next years semester (Feb - May?). I leave Queen's next year (Sept) for a year abroad and will be back again in 2006 for another year of studying. Then I'm either going to do an MA or PGCE.