College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They've got experience and a lot of talent, not to mention the nation's best clutch shooter in Acie Law IV. Their problem is lack of motivation, though. Some games they come out completely flat and look as if they don't care, which would obviously kill them in the tourney.

They're a good team, but I don't see them getting past Memphis (or Ohio State if they eke out a win against the Tigers).

thetitans2k said:
What's with the hype about Texas A and M , their season results don't impress me too much.

What exactly do you mean? The losses to Texas Tech? Or to Oklahoma St? They did beat Texas soundly at home (by 18), and lost to them in double OT on the road (with three starters fouled out for the last 15 mins.) They lost to UCLA by 2 @ UCLA and beat Kansas at Kansas.

I am a grad of A&M, and have seen them play about 15 times this year. They are the # 1 defensive team in the nation (stats wise), number one team in the tourney in 3 pt field goal %, and have 4 players who average 12+ points a game. They have two guys who are 6-10 whow can shoot outside and post inside. They play a high low offense, with good shooters to kick to. Josh Cater is the starting 3, he averages 13 pts, and shoots 52% from 3 (# 1 in the nation). Acie Law is great at point and gets all the press (rightfully so), but they are a very balanced team in terms of offense.
This is probably way more than you want to know, but I am excited my alma mater is finally good. They will win or lose based on defense, they play very aggressive man to man almost exclusively. I am a little worried about playing Louisville in Kentucky, but if we get past them I feel very confident they will beat Memphis (talk about a team that has a lot to prove- they have beaten absolutely no one) . Memphis won't know what hit them with A&M's defense. Ohio St, would be a great matchup with A&M, aggies have the size and athleticism to match with Oden on the inside.

inmyplace13 said:
They're a good team, but I don't see them getting past Memphis (or Ohio State if they eke out a win against the Tigers).

Who has memphis played that makes you think they can beat A&M? Don't you think Memphis is going to have a tough time getting up to speed with the talent in the tournament after playing a bunch of high school teams this year? I don't think Memphis gets past the winner of Nevada and Creighton.

memphis can stroke me... conference usa is terrible.

texas a&m has a lot of seniors, solid guard play and they play great defense... all things that good tourney teams need. now that i said that they'll probably get bounced in the first round... but i do have them in the final four, along with gerogetown, florida and southern illinois (gotta have at least one long shot)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
now that i said that they'll probably get bounced in the first round...

I hope not. stranger things have happened. I expect A&M to throttle Penn (see their out of conference beatings they put on mediocre schools like Auburn, Winthrop, and Fordham), and then win a close one with Louisville.

I'm still very uncertain about final 4 this year. I usually feel pretty confiedent about 2 teams, this year not really.
Right now, I got A&M (my bias is obvious), Florida, UCLA, and UNC. Really not sure about UNC though.

It soon begins.

Just about the best 4 day stretch a sports fan could ask for. Game after game after game. And, some of us have 4 TV's in our office, with every CBS feed available in house, so we see it all, even if we're supposed to be in NYC right now but I'm not bitter no, not at all seriously not one iota of fucking bitterness is in me right now. :)

Good luck to everyone with their brackets, and enjoy the Madness.

No spoken words said:
It soon begins.

Just about the best 4 day stretch a sports fan could ask for. Game after game after game. And, some of us have 4 TV's in our office, with every CBS feed available in house, so we see it all, even if we're supposed to be in NYC right now but I'm not bitter no, not at all seriously not one iota of fucking bitterness is in me right now. :)

Good luck to everyone with their brackets, and enjoy the Madness.

:lol: That's ok, I couldn't make it to NYC, either.

Go Davidson.

Go BC.

I'm biased and, of course, have Georgetown going all the way. Fingers are crossed!

the dirtiest elbow i ever recieved, right to the chin, came from bob mckillop, the coach at davidson in a camp staff game (mckillop was the varsity coach where i'm now the jv coach before he went to davidson), "young guys vs. old guys." i still remember that shot... hurt like a mothafucka. i root for him anyway.

I got 2 for 2 so far, and it's looking like 3 for 3 with louisville knocking the crap out of stanford. of course, i'm taking a chance with old dominion over butler....

Looks like my Old Dominion gamble isn't going to pay off. Oh well.

Penn gave me a scare....glad to see they're down again.

I would've been happy to let Penn ruin my bracket. We almost put that one in the win column for the Big Five. Oh well. Good effort.

I've got all of my sweet 16 left, and all but 5 of my 32. Not too shabby so far.....

Nice to see Duke lose, even though I had them going to 32. :yes:

Louisville could be the sleeper

Would love to see Gtown win it all but have them out to the final 4

DC/MD/VA can be proud with our representation this year - GW (still crying in my green beer), Gtown, Terps, VA, VA Tech, VCU - woo hoo - we rock!

Back
Top Bottom