College Hoops 2006-2007 - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 07:11 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

and i actually do think josh mcroberts will be a more productive pro than a college player... heck, shavlic randolph has been a more productive pro than college player.
McRoberts should not hire an agent right away, though reports have him doing so.
If Oden, Durant, the Florida kids and a few other underclassmen all declare, McRoberts could end up a 2nd rounder...this could be one of the deepest drafts in some time, and he would get lost in the shuffle, whereas next year he might be a lottery pick in a thin draft.
His draft position won't affect how he ends up as an NBA player ultimately (I see him as a career backup), but it will affect his salary.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #317
Refugee

my aggies are gone, so is my backet. what a terrible way to lose a game, not being able to get a defensive rebound.

am i being a sore loser, or is watching memphis play like watching playground basketball at its worse? Calipari likes to talk of how he uses elements of princeton, and european basketball- but it really seems to me its spread the floor drive hard and dive into a defensive player. they occassionally run a back door cut ( i guess this is his princeton element), but other than that its all freak athletes- awful basketball to watch.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #318
Refugee

University of Kentucky say hello to Thad Matta.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #319
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:45 PM
University of Iowa say hello to Bruce Perle

or

Magic Johnson

That's the latest rumor to replace Steve Alford.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #320
War Child

So Long Aggies - Good Run

Quote:
Originally posted by jphelmet
my aggies are gone, so is my backet. what a terrible way to lose a game, not being able to get a defensive rebound.

am i being a sore loser, or is watching memphis play like watching playground basketball at its worse? Calipari likes to talk of how he uses elements of princeton, and european basketball- but it really seems to me its spread the floor drive hard and dive into a defensive player. they occassionally run a back door cut ( i guess this is his princeton element), but other than that its all freak athletes- awful basketball to watch.
Same here...THEY WAS ROBBED!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:45 PM
Re: So Long Aggies - Good Run

Quote:
Originally posted by bayou12780

Same here...THEY WAS ROBBED!
You didn't have G'town going all the way???

Looking forward to tonight...!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #322
War Child

ok, uh, no... but gotta root for the only remaining home team... do you have gtown? should be a great game... heading over to hawk n dove...
Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL
University of Iowa say hello to Bruce Perle

or

Magic Johnson

That's the latest rumor to replace Steve Alford.
why on earth would Bruce Pearl leave Tennessee to go to Iowa?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bayou12780
ok, uh, no... but gotta root for the only remaining home team... do you have gtown? should be a great game... heading over to hawk n dove...
haha, yeah. my pool was a freebie among friends, so i took a shot at going for what i wanted.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

why on earth would Bruce Pearl leave Tennessee to go to Iowa?
He was a assistant coach at Iowa under Tom Davis. He would have come to Iowa 2 years ago, but our AD at the time did not like him....and we kept with Alford.

I see it as a huge long shot. Bruce loves Iowa City, and still has strong ties to the state. But he has a great thing going right now, and I don't really see him leaving.

I'm just going off of what the message boards are saying. Nearly everyone would be thrilled with Perle. Altman seems to be leading though, and I don't know much about him other than he's done a pretty good job at Creighton.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #326
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

haha, yeah. my pool was a freebie among friends, so i took a shot at going for what i wanted.
good - hope you win for bragging rights and would love to see them take it... but they've gotta play better... can't take this last minute shot stuff. i'm out of my pool... picked Kansas...
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 AM   #327
Blue Crack Distributor

bruce pearl going to kentucky would be a step forward... bruce pearl going to iowa would be a step backwards. unless your name is tubby smith, why would you do such a thing? tubby was having a bad time over at kentucky (and maybe some scholarship issues heading lexington way thanks partialy to isiah)... unless he's one hell of an actor, bruce pearl is having a great time over at tennessee. not only is tennessee better than iowa, but the sec is better than the big 10. why would he ever do that?

and speaking of the big 10.. i have a question. does greg oden ever smile? he just seems to be a misserable prick.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:57 AM   #328
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by jphelmet

John Calipari's Recruiting Checklist
--Can't read
--Won't go to class
--Athletic freak
--No jumper outside of 8-10 feet
--"Friends of the Program"

check, check, check, check and check.

i may not have watched if a memphis vs. ucla final had occured... my eyes would not have been able to take it.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
bruce pearl going to kentucky would be a step forward... bruce pearl going to iowa would be a step backwards. unless your name is tubby smith, why would you do such a thing? tubby was having a bad time over at kentucky (and maybe some scholarship issues heading lexington way thanks partialy to isiah)... unless he's one hell of an actor, bruce pearl is having a great time over at tennessee. not only is tennessee better than iowa, but the sec is better than the big 10. why would he ever do that?

and speaking of the big 10.. i have a question. does greg oden ever smile? he just seems to be a misserable prick.
Just going off of what people have been talking about, Perle loved his time in Iowa City. He's very fond of Iowa (as he coached there for 6 seasons).

Iowa will open the checkbook for him, so I don't think $ will be a issue. I would take your argument about Big10 vs SEC if this were a football coach, but Big10 has a lot more history/prestige behind it. I will admit the Big10 has been down the past few years.

Again, I don't see it happening, but there's a lot of talk going around right now. Even our sports section today has a front page article on getting Perle.

We'll see what happens. Perle could come out and say I'm staying at Tenn, but he hasn't yet.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #330
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I'm with Bill Simmons on this one: a great TV show would be "Make Greg Oden Smile."