College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't tell if that was an exciting ending or incredibly boring.

btw, there's no way that inbound pass took 1.1 seconds. :eyebrow:

Utoo said:
I can't tell if that was an exciting ending or incredibly boring.

btw, there's no way that inbound pass took 1.1 seconds. :eyebrow:

Yeah, it did, actually. The Memphis player tips it, and then it bounces IN bounds, so the clock ticks, then on the 2nd bounce it's out of bounds. It took about a second between bounces.

eh I don't mind Kansas, maybe it's because they typically have terrible tournaments after outstanding regular seasons and this sort of run doesn't happen often

great job by A&M rebounding on that final series. how do you give up 3 consecutive offensive rebounds? That's just pitiful.

No spoken words said:

Yeah, it did, actually. The Memphis player tips it, and then it bounces IN bounds, so the clock ticks, then on the 2nd bounce it's out of bounds. It took about a second between bounces.

This is the point that everyone's trying to make, but is wrong. Whether or not it hit the line is irrelevant. You know why? Because the clock stops on the ref's whistle, and the ref called it out when it hit the floor (you can see him motioning on the replay). Thus, the clock should stop when the ref blew his whistle, which would leave 2.9 or 3.0 seconds.

I'm amazed that the actual officiating crew did not know the rules.

randhail said:
Very true, Kentucky is one of "the" jobs in college basketball that people and coaches will be lining up to take the job - in the past hour I've heard Mark Few, Tom Creen, Billy Donovan, Rick Pitino, Rick Marjerus, etc all mentioned as possible picks to replace Tubby. Some people just are not suited to coach there - Rick Majerus would probably drop dead of a heart attack if he took it.
Pitino should have never left (and I'm not just saying that as a Celtic fan who hated what he did to the franchise).
He had the perfect situation there, could have been a perennial title contender, recruited top notch talent with little effort, and basically been de facto mayor of Lexington. But I'd be surprised if somehow he ended up back there, and if that ever happened imagine the hatred from Louisville fans.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

and i actually do think josh mcroberts will be a more productive pro than a college player... heck, shavlic randolph has been a more productive pro than college player.
McRoberts should not hire an agent right away, though reports have him doing so.
If Oden, Durant, the Florida kids and a few other underclassmen all declare, McRoberts could end up a 2nd rounder...this could be one of the deepest drafts in some time, and he would get lost in the shuffle, whereas next year he might be a lottery pick in a thin draft.
His draft position won't affect how he ends up as an NBA player ultimately (I see him as a career backup), but it will affect his salary.

my aggies are gone, so is my backet. what a terrible way to lose a game, not being able to get a defensive rebound.

am i being a sore loser, or is watching memphis play like watching playground basketball at its worse? Calipari likes to talk of how he uses elements of princeton, and european basketball- but it really seems to me its spread the floor drive hard and dive into a defensive player. they occassionally run a back door cut ( i guess this is his princeton element), but other than that its all freak athletes- awful basketball to watch.

University of Iowa say hello to Bruce Perle

or

Magic Johnson

That's the latest rumor to replace Steve Alford.

So Long Aggies - Good Run

jphelmet said:
my aggies are gone, so is my backet. what a terrible way to lose a game, not being able to get a defensive rebound.

am i being a sore loser, or is watching memphis play like watching playground basketball at its worse? Calipari likes to talk of how he uses elements of princeton, and european basketball- but it really seems to me its spread the floor drive hard and dive into a defensive player. they occassionally run a back door cut ( i guess this is his princeton element), but other than that its all freak athletes- awful basketball to watch.

Same here...THEY WAS ROBBED!

Re: So Long Aggies - Good Run

bayou12780 said:

Same here...THEY WAS ROBBED!

You didn't have G'town going all the way??? :wink:

Looking forward to tonight...!

ok, uh, no... but gotta root for the only remaining home team... do you have gtown? should be a great game... heading over to hawk n dove...

BEAL said:
University of Iowa say hello to Bruce Perle

or

Magic Johnson

That's the latest rumor to replace Steve Alford.

why on earth would Bruce Pearl leave Tennessee to go to Iowa?

bayou12780 said:
ok, uh, no... but gotta root for the only remaining home team... do you have gtown? should be a great game... heading over to hawk n dove...

haha, yeah. my pool was a freebie among friends, so i took a shot at going for what i wanted. ;)

Chizip said:

why on earth would Bruce Pearl leave Tennessee to go to Iowa?

He was a assistant coach at Iowa under Tom Davis. He would have come to Iowa 2 years ago, but our AD at the time did not like him....and we kept with Alford.

I see it as a huge long shot. Bruce loves Iowa City, and still has strong ties to the state. But he has a great thing going right now, and I don't really see him leaving.

I'm just going off of what the message boards are saying. Nearly everyone would be thrilled with Perle. Altman seems to be leading though, and I don't know much about him other than he's done a pretty good job at Creighton.

Utoo said:

haha, yeah. my pool was a freebie among friends, so i took a shot at going for what i wanted. ;)

good - hope you win for bragging rights and would love to see them take it... but they've gotta play better... can't take this last minute shot stuff. i'm out of my pool... picked Kansas...

bruce pearl going to kentucky would be a step forward... bruce pearl going to iowa would be a step backwards. unless your name is tubby smith, why would you do such a thing? tubby was having a bad time over at kentucky (and maybe some scholarship issues heading lexington way thanks partialy to isiah)... unless he's one hell of an actor, bruce pearl is having a great time over at tennessee. not only is tennessee better than iowa, but the sec is better than the big 10. why would he ever do that?

and speaking of the big 10.. i have a question. does greg oden ever smile? he just seems to be a misserable prick.

jphelmet said:

John Calipari's Recruiting Checklist
--Can't read
--Won't go to class
--Athletic freak
--No jumper outside of 8-10 feet
--"Friends of the Program"

check, check, check, check and check.

i may not have watched if a memphis vs. ucla final had occured... my eyes would not have been able to take it.

bruce pearl going to kentucky would be a step forward... bruce pearl going to iowa would be a step backwards. unless your name is tubby smith, why would you do such a thing? tubby was having a bad time over at kentucky (and maybe some scholarship issues heading lexington way thanks partialy to isiah)... unless he's one hell of an actor, bruce pearl is having a great time over at tennessee. not only is tennessee better than iowa, but the sec is better than the big 10. why would he ever do that?

and speaking of the big 10.. i have a question. does greg oden ever smile? he just seems to be a misserable prick.

Just going off of what people have been talking about, Perle loved his time in Iowa City. He's very fond of Iowa (as he coached there for 6 seasons).

Iowa will open the checkbook for him, so I don't think $ will be a issue. I would take your argument about Big10 vs SEC if this were a football coach, but Big10 has a lot more history/prestige behind it. I will admit the Big10 has been down the past few years.

Again, I don't see it happening, but there's a lot of talk going around right now. Even our sports section today has a front page article on getting Perle.

We'll see what happens. Perle could come out and say I'm staying at Tenn, but he hasn't yet.

I'm with Bill Simmons on this one: a great TV show would be "Make Greg Oden Smile."

Back
Top Bottom