College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Early this year, Mr. BAW passed the torch of College Football thread curator to yours truly, so I'll be doing the poll updates this season.

With the season a scant four weeks or so away, here comes the first coaches poll:

2vvmcd3.jpg

Hook em.

If there's any way SC and OSU can both lose that game, make it happen. Put in the Big Tenleven fix for me.

11 and 13 is an opening day game. Should be a good one, but the Cowboys will take it. They're going to be pretty damn good this year.

I don't see PSU finishing the season in the Top 10, but I hope I am wrong. Iowa could be interesting this year, even without Greene.

I like Boise St, TCU and Utah all lined up together.

The Florida State/Miami game on Labor Day's going to be a blast.

Hey now! I cannot wait for the season to start. It amazes me to see 'SC ranked that high with a new QB and pretty much a new Defense. This is the year for the Pac-10 to finally step up and take the Trojans out. USC has tOSU, Cal, Oregon and ASU on the road. Thankfully the revenge game is at home, fricking midget, that still makes me mad.

I don't know, as much as all the SEC hype pisses me off, I still don't see enough defense from the Big 12 to say Okie State would beat Georgia. That being said, I hope it happens.

I hate to piss Imperor off, but, agree with the Big 12 defense comment...yes, there were some legit high octane offenses in the conference, but, wow, what shitty defenses.

I predict a 3 loss season for the Trojans, with Cal heading to the Rose Bowl.

Notre Dame ranked? Fuck off.

Nebraskie should win the Big XII North with ease. They'll be a good team this year.

And yeah, PSU is going to fall off this year. Sorry, Peef. Enjoy the Outback Bowl.

I'm the first to critique Big XII D's. I blame the bad numbers on the Big XII officials never calling holding on Tech.

Notre Dame ranked? Fuck off.

For some reason, the media is convinced this is ND's year, reminds me of USC's dark ages when they'd be perpetually ranked then suck. I don't see it, Charlie Weis is still their coach and I'm still not sold on Clausen. But hopefully they don't completely tank and ruin 'SC's SOS.

As for Cal winning the Pac-10, this would be their year. The problem is they don't seem to handle frontrunning well. The second they get ranked high, they, for lack of a better term, choke. Oregon however usually doesn't have that problem. That being said, as much as USC shouldn't win the Pac-10 this year, I have learned never underestimate Pete Carroll. Having watched Corp in practice the past couple years, he is very good and very mobile. He is also being pursued closely by true Freshman Matt Barkley. Mark my words, Barkley is the real deal and in the next year or two will be a great QB, just not this year. It will be interesting to see if he plays at all, as I'm sure they'd love to redshirt him and the third QB is Mitch Mustain who isn't a slouch either.

The aspect of USC's team that worries me most is at Linebacker. Replacing, Cushing, Maualuga, Maiava and Matthews is difficult and one of the projected starters might not be eligible. Scary.

Penn State and Notre Dame will likely end up ranked at season's end because they benefited from a preseason ranking. Both have ridiculously soft schedules, PSU's only tests would be at Zook, home to tOSU and maybe at MSU, The Fattening Weises only real tests look like at The Chicken Man and home to the Men of Troy.

Each could end up with only 2 losses conceivably, even though neither will be all that great. Maybe they'll face each other in a NYD bowl, and because they are on an even level of mediocrity, it'll be a close game and the public will be fooled into thinking they just saw 2 good programs battle it out.

Eat up JoePa and Charlie:

cupcake-stand_49.jpg

Weiss doesn't get the metaphor. Feasting on cupcakes is serious business for him.

Went to a luncheon last week and ended up sitting next to the coach of the 13th ranked AND the 15th rank team. Had no idea until they got up and spoke who they were. I am in for a culture shock in my new town.

Yeah, and all they did was trash the the Big Ten.

Went to a luncheon last week and ended up sitting next to the coach of the 13th ranked AND the 15th rank team. Had no idea until they got up and spoke who they were. I am in for a culture shock in my new town.

Yeah, and all they did was trash the the Big Ten.

We're used to it.

TCU and Boise State are going to be pretty interesting this year. I could see both going undefeated but thanks to the stupid BCS rules only one would get in. :down:

Also I think Iowa has a good chance at the Rose Bowl because I suspect that either Ohio State or Penn State is has a drop off this year and the other sneaks in to the national championship (and loses of course.) The Big 12 South could exchange losses and the south representative should watch out for Nebraska in the championship game.

Penn State is rank-worthy, not Top Ten-worthy.

Charlie Weis is one of the worst people in America. Just a bad person.

Iowa has tough road schedule, and can be anywhere from 7-5, to 9-3. Defense going to be great this year (barring injury), and they have a QB with experience coming back.

Just so ready for seaon to start.

Losing Evans really sucks, and it's a shame Certified Impy Man Crush Jahre Cheeseman isn't still around. VT should still win the ACC, barring a big year from the Fightin' YLBs. The Golden Gobbler will settle for nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom