College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_phil_mcgraw1.jpg

You must be in good spirits on a few levels, yes?

Other than being completely fucking worn out, yes. My seats are a lot better than I had though, so the disappointment washed away. I'll put a couple photos up sometime.

Having a mini-hangover at 9:45 isn't great, but I'm about to go out again, so it should be alleviated.

Other than being completely fucking worn out, yes. My seats are a lot better than I had though, so the disappointment washed away. I'll put a couple photos up sometime.

Having a mini-hangover at 9:45 isn't great, but I'm about to go out again, so it should be alleviated.

Wear a sweater.

If there's one thing I learned today, it's that it's way too fucking hot for a sweater. I downed about two liters of water as soon as I got home.

Will do, thanks. Want me to pack some sunscreen?

After a shower, I realized it wasn't a hangover. I just felt like crap. But now I'm REFRESHED.

Can't believe Iowa won by one.

That's less likely than Rich Rod sliding into Lance's Mom's #3 slot.

Regardless, I do hope they beat ND next week.

Is it great that OU lost? Of course. I'm thrilled. But I'm really not going to put too much stock in it or start pounding my chest. It'll be interesting to see what's up with Bradford. Fortunately I left DKR in time to catch the fourth. Loved the announcers talking about the "blank stare" on Bradford's face as if he doesn't always look like that.

Is it great that OU lost? Of course. I'm thrilled. But I'm really not going to put too much stock in it or start pounding my chest. It'll be interesting to see what's up with Bradford. Fortunately I left DKR in time to catch the fourth. Loved the announcers talking about the "blank stare" on Bradford's face as if he doesn't always look like that.

I hate it when our rivals lose before we play them. It just amps the game up that much more and games with that much emotion can turn on nothing.

But you can't tell me you don't like seeing OSU lose.

Well, OU being the only Big XII loss on the day is disappointing. I absolutely want the conference to succeed, which is why it was so satisfying to get so much press last year. But after beating them last year and all the tiebreaker shit (sorry to bring it up again, Garrison), I don't care how much they help the conference. I want them to lose. Although Bradford going down does lessen the entire thing.

If anything, one more loss is going to make TX/OU tickets a lot cheaper. Now that's fresh.

Now the much maligned (as of late) Big 11 is a totally different dynamic. You've got a good point about everything, but conference strength sort of runs second to my personal interests.

Re: the Rangers. I didn't see it. I know the final and I know they were up when I last checked. Something tells me I'd just get pissed if I looked at it, and this day has been too great to fuck it up with that. At least the Red Sox lost.

UW/LSU was interesting for a while, but it's clear the rebuilding is going to continue. Raw talent won out in the end, and while I don't think this is a particularly great LSU team, a team that couldn't win a single game last year wasn't going to beat them.

Bama/VT was disappointing. I've never been to Virginia and don't know if I ever will, but VT has been my NCAA team for the past several years, so I like to see them succeed. Plus I just fucking love that Hokie Bird.

about last nights debacle...god we suck. Our line is terrible, our receivers cant catch the ball, our TE is now the center (wtf), our QB is hurt and out for several weeks, the freshman QB sucks, no running game.....i could go on.

Now that ive got my crying out of the way, i suppose there is a silver lining. The young players will get better. Our Defense played pretty good overall. Our offense will improve. Hopefully Bradford won't be out too long....there is still hope that we can derail Texas and OSU's seasons if nothing else. We are going to have to get a lot better if we want to do that though. More silver lining...at least we wont have to worry about losing another bowel game this year :lmao:

Oklahoma State, great win for them. As much as i hate to root for them it would be sort of nice to see them beat Texas and then lose in Norman, just to fuck things up.

Aside from injuries and how bad we played, Big Love University was better than we thought. Not bad for a bunch of morons. Note to Stoops, maybe we need to go back to scheduling cupcakes for the opener like Louisiana-Monroe.

The line really did look bad, which I thought was going to be their biggest question mark of the season anyway. The backs looked alright, though, so they'll be able to rely on that until Googly Eyes gets back. There is a lot of work to be done and now the Miami game looks a little interesting, but the team really should be fine.

cupcakes for the opener like Louisiana-Monroe.

Cheers.

The line really did look bad, which I thought was going to be their biggest question mark of the season anyway. The backs looked alright, though, so they'll be able to rely on that until Googly Eyes gets back. There is a lot of work to be done and now the Miami game looks a little interesting, but the team really should be fine.

Cheers.

I wish i shared your "optimism". Our RB's DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown weren't much of a factor, Brown had 59 yards on 14 carries and Murray had 58 yards on 10 tries

All our opponents have to do now is shut down the running game and make Landry Jones beat them, since Jones was 6 of 12 for 51 yards.

Sure our line will improve, and our young receivers will get better, and eventually Bradford will come back (hopefully). But looking ahead at our schedule, i can't be too optimistic here:

Date Game Location Time / Result

09/05/09 vs. BYU Arlington, Texas L, 14-13
09/12/09 vs. Idaho State Norman 6:00 PM CT
09/19/09 vs. Tulsa Norman 2:30 PM CT
10/03/09 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
10/10/09 vs. Baylor Norman TBA
10/17/09 vs. Texas Dallas, Texas 11:00 AM CT
10/24/09 at Kansas Lawrence, Kan. TBA
10/31/09 vs. Kansas State Norman TBA
11/07/09 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas A&M Norman TBA
11/21/09 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas TBA
11/28/09 vs. Oklahoma State

We might put up some numbers against Idaho State but Tulsa could be a loss, Miami....probably a loss, go ahead and count Oct 17th as a loss......this could be a really ugly season for us.

I wish i shared your "optimism". Our RB's DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown weren't much of a factor, Brown had 59 yards on 14 carries and Murray had 58 yards on 10 tries

Those two are just too good to be held down, I think. They'll be the obvious focus of the offense for a bit now, so we'll see if they step it up.

All our opponents have to do now is shut down the running game and make Landry Jones beat them, since Jones was 6 of 12 for 51 yards.

First thing he needs to do is shave that mustache. We can't all be Colt, man.

Sure our line will improve, and our young receivers will get better, and eventually Bradford will come back (hopefully). But looking ahead at our schedule, i can't be too optimistic here:

Date Game Location Time / Result

09/05/09 vs. BYU Arlington, Texas L, 14-13
09/12/09 vs. Idaho State Norman 6:00 PM CT
09/19/09 vs. Tulsa Norman 2:30 PM CT
10/03/09 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
10/10/09 vs. Baylor Norman TBA
10/17/09 vs. Texas Dallas, Texas 11:00 AM CT
10/24/09 at Kansas Lawrence, Kan. TBA
10/31/09 vs. Kansas State Norman TBA
11/07/09 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas A&M Norman TBA
11/21/09 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas TBA
11/28/09 vs. Oklahoma State

Tulsa might be tougher than you think, but it's in Norman and that's going to be a factor. Miama (as my grandfather says) is definitely cause for concern, but if they can get anything out of Landry, it might be manageable. Fortunately Idaho State should be a valuable tuneup.

Really, though, that's not an easy schedule. At KU and Nebraska aren't going to be fun. And Bedlam has all the potential to be a huge, huge game. But I really wouldn't start being all gloomy just yet. If they can navigate OOC successfully and Bradford returns to form, they've got a good chance to make plenty of noise. Thing is, even once Googly recovers from this injury, there's no telling how it's going to affect him down the line. If his arm is less than 100% all season, they're in trouble.

go ahead and count Oct 17th as a loss.

You could have done that before the season, but glad to see you're coming around.

Ole Miss is going to have to get a lot more out of not-good-enough-for-Texas Jevan Snead if they want to make the leap forward so many pundits thought they would.

First thing he needs to do is shave that mustache. We can't all be Colt, man.

dude actually has a beard...one that does not touch his stache. What is this...are we re-living the 70's?

You could have done that before the season, but glad to see you're coming around.

Actually...not so fast here. I really liked this matchup before last night. Obviously we are a different team at the moment, and we are a different team than we were last year. But looking back to last year, yeah we lost. But you saw how it happend, with our key Defensive players injured in that game, and you saw what happened to our team after that game. We went on a scoring rampage that made history. I feel that if we had played Texas towards the end of the season when we had hit our stride things would have been different. Maybe that would have stopped all of the stupid planes flying around, who knows?

dude actually has a beard...one that does not touch his stache. What is this...are we re-living the 70's?

Didn't notice. Thank you, chin strap. It looked like Adam Morrison had a helmet on

Actually...not so fast here. I really liked this matchup before last night. Obviously we are a different team at the moment, and we are a different team than we were last year. But looking back to last year, yeah we lost. But you saw how it happend, with our key Defensive players injured in that game, and you saw what happened to our team after that game. We went on a scoring rampage that made history. I feel that if we had played Texas towards the end of the season when we had hit our stride things would have been different. Maybe that would have stopped all of the stupid planes flying around, who knows?

I was really just messing with you. Reynolds going down in 45-35 was huge, that's undeniable. If the RRS was later in the season, who knows? Definitely could have been a completely different situation. And yeah, no stupid planes would be a nice silver lining.

Anyway, there's no reason to start thinking the RRS is going to be a repeat of 2005 or anything just yet. We'll see what Googly's injury looks like and what sort of timetable he's on. And we'll see if the OL nuts up.

Yeah hopefully Sam's injury is just of the 2-3 week variety. I can't imagine him coming back one more year for this to happen. And i really dont want our season in the hands of Landry Jones, i mean really. Guy shows potential but lets face it....he's no Sam Bradford.

I didn't touch a drop of alcohol yesterday and somehow im still hungover from saturday and saturday night. How is this even possible?

Well I'm glad my Wolverines won the first game of the season for a change! It was hot in the stadium though. WOW. Things looked pretty good. I'm glad after the complete horsesh** Rodriguez has taken over the past week. Just ridiculous stuff. I just hope he doesn't want to bolt Michigan because I really think the guy is going to put us back in National Title contention in a few years.

ND coming up, should be a good game. I can't stand ND! :lol: But I'm realistic this season. We have A LOT of young players (freshman and sophmores) starting. That is going to hurt Michigan in some of their big games.

OSU vs USC, wow that is a tough game for me. Can't stand the Buckeyes but it certainly would help the Big 10 if they won. My dislike for OSU will probably win out though. ;) Every other Big 10 team outside of Sparty and OSU I typically hope wins when we are not playing them.

My prediction for Michigan (and I was saying this before this past Saturday) is 7-5.

Next year they will be Big 10 title contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom