College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game, great comeback by Texas to make it an exciting finish. I thought they were gonna pull it off. I also thought that McCoy was going to pull a Willis Reed and come out of the locker room after halftime and play through the pain to ignite his team.

The biggest play of the game, of course, was that fucking shovel pass picked off and returned for an interception right before Half. Christ, that was an awful play. Trying to just run out the clock and they turn around and put a quick 7 on the board. That was a back breaker.

Now I know how Garrison felt all season long.

You know, when McCoy went down i was thinking to myself "here we go again" before i kicked myself and realized i wasn't even watching OU. It was that weird....i guess im just so used to seeing our guys get hurt because it basically happened every damn game.

Man i do feel for you...and keep in mind you guys had a great season and its an honor to even be playing in that game. You have a lot of promise with Gilbert. Might be a good duel this fall between him and Landry Jones.

:beer:

Well ok then.

Well, I mean, in the old system, you could still end the season with two teams that are undefeated, who haven't played each other, and you still have to pick one, you know? In both scenarios, you're talking about a decent chance of a team not even getting the opportunity to be number one, despite doing everything they could.

If I have to choose, I take the new system, because at least you have a better chance (not good, but better) of the two top teams playing against each other, and it's rare that you have as many undefeated teams as you do this year.

However, I hate both.

Tuberville probably heard the hiring call from a mile away.

p1_tuberville_ap.jpg

Tuberville is an awful hire for the personnel they've got at Tech. Sort of like Rich Rod at Michigan, only to a lesser degree.

Should have just promoted Ruffin.

2hwd72c.jpg

Tuberville is an awful hire for the personnel they've got at Tech. Sort of like Rich Rod at Michigan, only to a lesser degree.

Should have just promoted Ruffin.

Would all of the other assistants (esp. the ones on O) have stayed if Ruffin had been hired, or would they follow Leach to his next job (if in college)/disband and find other jobs? If they had a shot at keeping the staff intact, than retaining Ruffin makes sense, but if not TT pretty much has to start from scratch.

From everything I heard, Ruffin had a lot of internal support, so I wouldn't have been surprised to see most of the principal coaches stick around. And it looks like they're going to have the opportunity to stay if they wish:

Tuberville, 55, became a strong candidate when it was determined he would not insist on hiring his own staff

It's really going to boil down to who stays at the program. And what offense Tuberville wants to run. It'll be a pretty interesting thing to watch develop. And it's probably safe to say the days of the plug-and-play quarterbacks at Tech are done. Without the gimmick offense, I can't see a lot of success.

Impy, sorry dude. Thought of you all game long.

Mrs. Garrison, great posts....it actually felt like three games to me....early push by Texas, Bama then takes control, Texas clicks with the kid at QB and makes their push.

Headache, I hate the BCS badly, on many levels, so mostly agreed with your post. Question for you anyone else.....most of us want a playoff, absolutely. But in lieu of one, do you prefer the current system, where you do get #1 vs #2, or, the pre-BCS days where the AP and Coaches' polls determined who was #1 when all was said and done?

well...

it's certainly better to have one national champion at the end, as much of a crock it may be, then when you had two teams saying they were national champions depending on how the two polls came out.

[stephenA]howwwweevvvvvuhhhh[/stephenA] i certainly liked it a whole lot more when there were 90 bowl games on new year's day... this extending the bowls for a week and a half is stupid.

so if we have to have this stupid BCS with no playoff, fine. but put the games back on new year's day.

[stephenA]howwwweevvvvvuhhhh[/stephenA] i certainly liked it a whole lot more when there were 90 bowl games on new year's day... this extending the bowls for a week and a half is stupid.

so if we have to have this stupid BCS with no playoff, fine. but put the games back on new year's day.

I agree here...there were 5 games on NYD this year, there used to be like 9 every year, it has lost some of its hangover fueled luster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom