College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Impster fails to recognize the strides Peef Dawg makes towards preparation.

Where's Thom Schrempf and his burnt orange Texan thieves? Oh, they're not on the list.

Where's Thom Schrempf and his burnt orange Texan thieves? Oh, they're not on the list.

Color me completely unsurprised. Our fan section is weak, which I've been saying in each college football thread for the past four years.

Color me completely unsurprised. Our fan section is weak, which I've been saying in each college football thread for the past four years.

say it isn't so?

Texas_Sucks.jpg

Look, i was driving to Dallas saturday morning, in my vehicle with the OU tags. I was probably somewhere between Gainsville and Denton, which is like saying i was between an asshole and a hemorrhoid give or take a dingleberry. Anyway im cruising along minding my own business when this 1970ish land yacht comes up behind me, you know the giant tacky brown turd with the peeling vinyl roof. Im sure it was an old Dodge of some kind, anyway, it was a piece of shit and the owner(s) of this behemoth obviously lived under a rock and were unaware of the recent "cash 4 clunkers" program the govt had just offered.

So this "thing" pulls up besides me, honking the horn while burning oil, smoke coming out of its tail pipes. I look over and see the car is packed with inbreds, basically a cross between Timmy and Colt 45 McCoy in the drivers seat and grandpa next to him in the passenger seat. I could not tell what sex the 4 back seat occupants were..... it really could have gone either way. Anyway the Hatfields (or was it the McCoy's?) were honking the horn and giving me the good old texass "whut fer" hook em horns sign with their hands. They also smiled and it was apparent that i had more teeth in my mouth than all 6 of them had put together. Luckily the cretins got off the highway at the next exit, presumably to pawn some 8 track tapes for gasoline. Or was it moonshine? who knows....

d3666353dcde79b6
897a0c7bdb290994

:heart:

The lessons?

Photoshopped things like the "WE SUCK" photo don't constitute good smack since they're, you know, not real.

119nebp.gif

Real. And hilarious.

Second, t-shirt fans of any school are generally shitty and often more vocal than those with an actual affiliation. I won't defend a t-shirt Texas fan any day. They're the type who would throw their horns up at you and maybe pepper in some shit talking just for you driving around with OU tags or whatever. Me? Wouldn't do it. Don't do it to Sooners, don't do it to Tech Tards, and don't do it to aggy. T-shirts just don't get it.

The lessons?

Photoshopped things like the "WE SUCK" photo don't constitute good smack since they're, you know, not real.

119nebp.gif

Real. And hilarious.

Second, t-shirt fans of any school are generally shitty and often more vocal than those with an actual affiliation. I won't defend a t-shirt Texas fan any day. They're the type who would throw their horns up at you and maybe pepper in some shit talking just for you driving around with OU tags or whatever. Me? Wouldn't do it. Don't do it to Sooners, don't do it to Tech Tards, and don't do it to aggy. T-shirts just don't get it.

Photoshop or not, its still funny. And my story, real as it gets. I could not have made that up.

After the concert, however, i did see some fellow Sooner fans in traffic around the Cotton Bowl area and i got various waves and "Go SOONERS" shouts from fellow okies, transplanted or not. That almost made up for the scare i had earlier in the morning with the trailer trash. One good thing about Dallas is you have a pretty good mix of fans from various schools.

Just curious though, what is the difference in throwing up horns, shit talking, or posting funny pictures on message boards (Real. And hilarious. or not) about your rival school?

Just curious though, what is the difference in throwing up horns, shit talking, or posting funny pictures on message boards (Real. And hilarious. or not) about your rival school?

Well, you and I like to mess with each other, but I consider it good natured ribbing rather than actual malice.

Two people who know their respective programs inside and out posting funny pictures and fucking with each other on a message board isn't really similar at all to t-shirt fans giving you a hard time on the highway.

It's fair to say I'm a complete elitist when it comes to this stuff, so my opinion may not be valid.

And yeah, Dallas is great for that reason. Lord knows there are plenty of OU grads there. It's a bit of a melting pot, but that's to be expected when you're halfway between Norman and Austin. I've asked this before I'm sure, but I forgot: are you going to RRS this year?

In their defense, the WinStar is pretty fucking cool now.

the Windstar is pretty cool now, it looks like a castle now instead of a giant tent. Yes, Oklahoma does suck. But after travelling the world and certain portions of the USA, i have come to the conclusion that we just don't suck as badly as a lot of other places. Except when it comes to winning bowel games (lately, anyway).

nice touch NSW, 4 times over :sexywink:

oh that picture, i suppose i should have an erection or something. Actually i sort of do...he's got a pretty nice rack on his chest there.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Student season ticket assignments were released tonight. My friends and I are 30 yard line north side (which is good for Godzillatron viewing, it being in the south end zone), 40 rows up. Being that far back should provide a damn fine view of the field. Thank G-d for an all-senior seating group.

Wow. I've really got nothing against Okie Lite, but this is propelling them to aggy-like levels of unintentional comedy. It's the new song the athletic department (I'm guessing) contracted to be played with the pre-game intro video:

Cowboys Forever�|�John Martin Live

Mrs. Garrison is going to have a field day with this.

Wow. I've really got nothing against Okie Lite, but this is propelling them to aggy-like levels of unintentional comedy. It's the new song the athletic department (I'm guessing) contracted to be played with the pre-game intro video:

Cowboys Forever�|�John Martin Live

Mrs. Garrison is going to have a field day with this.

oh lord, yes i have heard this POS song. What the hell are they thinking?

Look, lots of strange news coming out of Stillwater (notice i didn't call it Stoolwater, for once). Rumors all over the place yesterday about all of the team injuries including everyone from Coach Gumby, Pistol Pete, to QB Zach Robinson. The truth is though, that starting TE Jamal Mosley has left the team for "personal reasons" and also LB Orie Lemon has a torn ACL.

And in the OU front, our TE Jermaine Gresham has a knee injury and will miss the BYU game. Hopefully nothing serious on all accounts, of course aside from the torn ACL which is season ending.

Oregon at Boise State is tonight.

The season finally begins.

Word.

Unfortunately I could not name you a single player on either team. But I'm in the mood to watch some football. So if you, or any kind soul, could give me the name of one player on either team to watch for or keep an eye on, that would be just wonderful.

Word.

Unfortunately I could not name you a single player on either team. But I'm in the mood to watch some football. So if you, or any kind soul, could give me the name of one player on either team to watch for or keep an eye on, that would be just wonderful.

The Blount kid for Oregon split time in the backfield last year but will get a majority of the touches this season. He could be a breakout star.

So watch him. Or consider the fact that Boise State doesn't lose on the Smurf Turf. Watch for Oregon being a huge test for them.

Watching THE COCKS! and NC State right now. Football is back. Oh, it's back.

And we just had our first reference to Ess Eee See SPEEEEEED of the season.

zomg, iz anyone else watching Utah vs. Utah State?! Game of teh centuriez!

Well, that didn't exactly go well for Oregon. Lost to Boise State again, looking pretty pathetic in the process. Then after the game starting running back LeGerrette Blount after getting taunted sucker punches a Boise player, fights with his own team, then tries to fight fans in the stands. Yeah, I'm thinking he's done for the year if not his career. Well, he'd fit in with the Raiders.

In other news, I'm starting to feel better about an 8th straight Pac-10 Championship.

The Blount kid for Oregon split time in the backfield last year but will get a majority of the touches this season. He could be a breakout star.

And what a star he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom