College Football 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TCU should have won that game last year. Sucked to watch. I cut my college football teeth on TCU games growing up outside Ft. Worth, so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

TCU should have won that game last year. Sucked to watch. I cut my college football teeth on TCU games growing up outside Ft. Worth, so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

I started running my mouth WAY too much by the third quarter of the Utah game last year. That was....>_<.

I held my tongue for the entire Tech game* and it didn't help me. Don't be so hard on yourself.

*FUCKING HOLDING.

The Big 12 South could exchange losses and the south representative should watch out for Nebraska in the championship game.

Nebraska could very easily make it into the Big 12 Championship game, though i doubt anyone is going to be afraid of them. Then again anything could happen. Kansas or Colorado could get in there too.

And all of the hype surrounding Oklahoma State you would think they are going to A) beat OU in Norman B) win the Heisman trophy C) win the Big 12 D) win the National Championship. I remember the last time there was this much pre-season hype for Okie State, and going into bedlam there was a lot of trash talk from Les Miles about "one of these teams is number one, and one of them is pretty good...we're gonna see which one is which". I was at that game, we beat OSU 52-9 btw.

I hear this crap everyday at work from these rednecks who wear their orange polo shitshirts year round. Frankly, ive got Georgia on my mind for the opener, GO DAWGS! That'll teach the in-state inbreds. Answer me this...how many years in a row did Okie State get a huge lead on Texas, say three TD's or more, only to blow it in the 4th and lose by 14 points? Thats just who Oklahoma State is. They talk a lot about how "this is finally their year" God Bless 'em, the fanboys are the banjo playing kid on Deliverance. Boone Pickens Stadium? More like Boones Farm, leave your wife cows & pigs at home.

Of course i should have my mind on BYU, who could prove tough for us at jerryworld. Our Defense should be improved, but our O Line could be suspect this year. We will find out soon enough.

Oh yeah....OU - Texas should be interesting this year....as usual. :hug:

The SPI warchant of "You don't have any moral fiber!" always gets to the IDU guys.

Great callback.

So, USC's presumptive starting QB Aaron Corp has a "cracked fibula". :doh: This is the second year in a row where the starting QB injures himself on the 3rd day of practice. Supposedly, he'll only be out 1-2 weeks, but that gives Matt Barkley and Mitch Mustain a golden opportunity.

Also, Ohio State starting LB Tyler Moeller out for year after head injury sustained by being sucker punched in Florida.

SC shows no mercy in practice even with their own...even just after a few days, they aren't in full pads but people are getting hit...reminiscent of Mark Sanchez and his knee injury...but not the way to start the year.

SC shows no mercy in practice even with their own...even just after a few days, they aren't in full pads but people are getting hit...reminiscent of Mark Sanchez and his knee injury...but not the way to start the year.

Yeah, at least Corp's was during practice. Mark hurt himself during the stretching. :doh:

I get to go to quite a few practices, I love working on campus, and yeah, they are no holds barred. It's amazing how fast they are and how hard they hit even when not in full pads.

Oh and the new Pack-10 commish is already better than that idiot Hansen. USC to add Alamo Bowl for #2 team.

Nebraska could very easily make it into the Big 12 Championship game, though i doubt anyone is going to be afraid of them. Then again anything could happen. Kansas or Colorado could get in there too.

I see Nebraska as the team to beat in the North this year. Kansas should have a year more reminiscent of 2007 and Colorado will be greatly improved, but Nebraska may have established themselves as the frontrunner with so much talent leaving Mizzou.

And all of the hype surrounding Oklahoma State you would think they are going to A) beat OU in Norman B) win the Heisman trophy C) win the Big 12 D) win the National Championship. I remember the last time there was this much pre-season hype for Okie State, and going into bedlam there was a lot of trash talk from Les Miles about "one of these teams is number one, and one of them is pretty good...we're gonna see which one is which". I was at that game, we beat OSU 52-9 btw.

Honestly, they scare the shit out of me. Overhyped? Maybe. But Dez is filthy and Z-Rob really impressed me in the Okie Lite games I checked out last year (Texas, Tech, and OU).

Answer me this...how many years in a row did Okie State get a huge lead on Texas, say three TD's or more, only to blow it in the 4th and lose by 14 points? Thats just who Oklahoma State is.

This is the year we can't afford that shit again. Especially at Slim Pickens Stadium. It's the biggest road game of the year (the Shootout obviously doesn't count), and they're going to be hungry as shit.

Of course i should have my mind on BYU, who could prove tough for us at jerryworld. Our Defense should be improved, but our O Line could be suspect this year. We will find out soon enough.

I didn't even realize OU had a game there. If you're going, enjoy. I'm going to try to make it to the Cowboys opener to lose my Jerryworld virginity.

Oh yeah....OU - Texas should be interesting this year....as usual. :hug:

Game of the year already. I can't fucking wait. The Fair! The food! The fights! The fupa! The.... Franzia? Whatever, it'll be epic. Looks like I might start dating a girl who lives in Deep Ellum, so no hotel shenanigans this year either.

Honestly, I encourage anyone who thinks they are a fan of college football to go to a RRS at least once. The environment can't be beat. Obviously, Garry and I have a different angle to it, but the entire thing is exactly what makes college football so great. I hate OU, but G-d damn it are they fun to be rivals with.

The Scumbo Polytechnic Institute.

Nice.

Their big rivalry with IDU* is a real treat to watch. The games have a great flow to them.**

*Illegal Download University

** WTF????

Nicer.

I see Nebraska as the team to beat in the North this year. Kansas should have a year more reminiscent of 2007 and Colorado will be greatly improved, but Nebraska may have established themselves as the frontrunner with so much talent leaving Mizzou.

Honestly, they scare the shit out of me. Overhyped? Maybe. But Dez is filthy and Z-Rob really impressed me in the Okie Lite games I checked out last year (Texas, Tech, and OU).

This is the year we can't afford that shit again. Especially at Slim Pickens Stadium. It's the biggest road game of the year (the Shootout obviously doesn't count), and they're going to be hungry as shit.

I didn't even realize OU had a game there. If you're going, enjoy. I'm going to try to make it to the Cowboys opener to lose my Jerryworld virginity.

Game of the year already. I can't fucking wait. The Fair! The food! The fights! The fupa! The.... Franzia? Whatever, it'll be epic. Looks like I might start dating a girl who lives in Deep Ellum, so no hotel shenanigans this year either.

Honestly, I encourage anyone who thinks they are a fan of college football to go to a RRS at least once. The environment can't be beat. Obviously, Garry and I have a different angle to it, but the entire thing is exactly what makes college football so great. I hate OU, but G-d damn it are they fun to be rivals with.

I agree with most of what you are saying here. Okie State could be very fucking scary, but im not going to crown them anything yet. Texas could be scary as well, so could OU. (Texas Tech at home could be a fucking nightmare, as could Miami) Hell ive seen Baylor scare the hell out of us on a good day, or rather a bad day. Whatever. I will wait to see what happens against Georgia before i make any predictions. The entire town of Stoolwater thinks their Pokes are the second coming, and they are going to rule the college football roost. They've already figured they will win the Heisman, Big 12, beat OU, Texas, and probably win the National Title all rolled up in one. They could be very good, but lets wait and see. With that goosed up hillbilly crowd they could win all of their home games and still lay a giant turd in Norman. I do know this much, our Defense better step up big time this year or it may not even matter. And i think they will...I guess we shall see.

We were gonna go to Jerryworld for the BYU game but we got fucked on tickets but we will be at the 360 show. Im with you though, i want to see a Cowboys game there.

Yeah, at least Corp's was during practice. Mark hurt himself during the stretching. :doh:

I get to go to quite a few practices, I love working on campus, and yeah, they are no holds barred. It's amazing how fast they are and how hard they hit even when not in full pads.

Oh and the new Pack-10 commish is already better than that idiot Hansen. USC to add Alamo Bowl for #2 team.

Aaron Corp practiced with a brace; said he plans to be out only one week...

First AP poll:

5009cz.jpg

Fire up the oven, Charlie!

Who did Lou Holth thay could make it to the Bowl Championthip Therieth Nathional Championthip game? The fucking Irish.

They're still being praised for last year's win over Florida...this year, Florida is NOT on their schedule and at this point, they're only playing against 2 ranked team...

Florida has an absolute cakewalk this year, even if they're in The Greatest Conference Ever.

Mark it zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom