College Football 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Room

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Two weeks from tonight College Football gets started once again. Whats your prediction for your favorite team?

Michigan Wolverines

My "realistic" prediction 10-2 headed to the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl.
with the possible losses coming from any of these three: Oregon, Penn State or Wisconsin (the most likely one). Yes, I think the Wolverines will finally get the Buckeyes this year. ( :wink: they better! )

Now if the defense for Michigan is a surprise and they reload from last years defense without missing much of step. I think they could go 11-1 or undefeated for the regular season.

I know Mr. Baw's prediction. USC 12-0 :yawn: :wink:

I love it when I don't have to talk....

But...one of SC's running back is applying for a transfer claiming that the "backfield is too crowded"....Emmanuel Moody, a great find for someone! :wave:

Iowa Hawkeyes
A surprising 10-2 record, losing to Michigan and Iowa State. Gator Bowl bound.

Nebraska (Not a fan but I live here so...)
A very surprising 11-2 record. Upset USC in Lincoln. Lose to Texas and a random Big 12 South team. Beat Oklahoma or Texas in Big 12 Championship. BSC Bowl bound.

I'm excited for this year to start but I'm really excited for 2 years out when Aaron Corp takes control of this team...this year, he's #3 and a redshirt but I suspect he'll play immediately after Mark Sanchez..who I think will flop!

I've followed Aaron through his local high school career and this kid is awesome....6'4/195 and a freshman...he and Mitch Mustain (Arkansas transfer) can fight it out!

http://www.aaroncorp.org/

Screwtape2 said:
Iowa Hawkeyes
A surprising 10-2 record, losing to Michigan and Iowa State. Gator Bowl bound.

Iowa Hawkeyes
I'll go with a 10-2, but losing to Penn State and a team they should beat, maybe Inidana.

Hawkeyes do not play Michigan or Ohio State this year, which is the Big10's own scheduling not Iowas....as if Iowa does play well this year, all you will hear about is how they don't play the Big 2.

I think you'll see USC, Texas battling it out for the NC.

BEAL said:

Iowa Hawkeyes
I'll go with a 10-2, but losing to Penn State and a team they should beat, maybe Inidana.

Hawkeyes do not play Michigan or Ohio State this year, which is the Big10's own scheduling not Iowas....as if Iowa does play well this year, all you will hear about is how they don't play the Big 2.

Oops. I misread Minnesota as Michigan when I was looking at the schedule. I don't see Iowa losing to Penn State or Wisconsin as many are suggesting. The defense should be enough to hold down both of them. I'm not sure Ohio State will be that great so maybe they will get more of the attention then a successful Iowa squad.

Mr. BAW said:
I'm excited for this year to start but I'm really excited for 2 years out when Aaron Corp takes control of this team...this year, he's #3 and a redshirt but I suspect he'll play immediately after Mark Sanchez..who I think will flop!

I've followed Aaron through his local high school career and this kid is awesome....6'4/195 and a freshman...he and Mitch Mustain (Arkansas transfer) can fight it out!

http://www.aaroncorp.org/

Michigan has some great players coming up also. Freshman quarterback Ryan Mallet was the #2 rated QB coming out of high school last year and he is already the back up to Henne (Michigans 4 year starter). He is 6' 8" 225lbs and they say he has the strongest arm of any QB ever at Michigan.

Also next year they have a running back from Texas coming in named Sam McGuffie. Search on YouTube for the Sam McGuffie remix highlight film. It is unbelievable. Experts are saying the only player they have seen coming out of high school with as spectacular of a highlight film is Reggie Bush.

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:

Oops. I misread Minnesota as Michigan when I was looking at the schedule. I don't see Iowa losing to Penn State or Wisconsin as many are suggesting. The defense should be enough to hold down both of them. I'm not sure Ohio State will be that great so maybe they will get more of the attention then a successful Iowa squad.

Some are picking Wisconsin to win the Big 10. I dont think the Hawkeyes will have any kind of easy time with them. They return most of their defense from last year that was excellent. Wisconsin is the game I'm most worried about with Michigan as I think they are the best team Michigan faces in the regular season and its on the road in Madison, not an easy place to win at.

Blue Room said:

Some are picking Wisconsin to win the Big 10. I dont think the Hawkeyes will have any kind of easy time with them. They return most of their defense from last year that was excellent. Wisconsin is the game I'm most worried about with Michigan as I think they are the best team Michigan faces in the regular season and its on the road in Madison, not an easy place to win at.

I think this is Michigan's year. They have one of if not the best offense in college football. A pretty defense and senior leadership. They have the feel of one of those great college teams that you talk about for decades. Michigan is my pick to win it all. I doubt Wisconsin will give them any trouble.

Screwtape2 said:

I think this is Michigan's year. They have one of if not the best offense in college football. A pretty defense and senior leadership. They have the feel of one of those great college teams that you talk about for decades. Michigan is my pick to win it all. I doubt Wisconsin will give them any trouble.

I wish I shared your confidence! I guess as a diehard fan I tend to look at it a tad more pessimistic because I know so much about the team. I will say, as I did before, if the defense gels and are anywhere near last years, Michigan could go undefeated through the regular season. But its a big IF at this point. They are replacing alot of top notch starters. Offensively on paper you are right. They are loaded, I hope it translates on the field.

Michigan has a tough time in Madison, even when the Badgers are average. They are suppose to be good this year, so I'm really concerned about that game. Not to mention its sandwiched between a road game at Michigan State and the finale with the Buckeyes.

Blue Room said:

Wisconsin is vastly overrated. You do have to play them on the road, and their defense will be the best part of the team.

But everyone looks at their 12-1 record last year, but if you look at their schedule, their OOC teams were just horrible, and they only played Michigan, which was their only loss.

The beat a very, very bad Hawkeye team last year by 3.

If Michigan stays healthy, or players stay out of trouble, then they should be b10 champs.

BEAL said:

Wisconsin is vastly overrated. You do have to play them on the road, and their defense will be the best part of the team.

But everyone looks at their 12-1 record last year, but if you look at their schedule, their OOC teams were just horrible, and they only played Michigan, which was their only loss.

The beat a very, very bad Hawkeye team last year by 3.

If Michigan stays healthy, or players stay out of trouble, then they should be b10 champs.

:up: I hope you are right. I agree though injuries will be a key. If Michigan stays healthy they should have a good year.

I'm excited for Florida State at Boston College, because I get to go to Boston for the first time. :happy:

FSU - 9-3 (probably 8-4)

They've got a tough schedule this year (especially non-conference.)

Last 4 games:
at Boston College
at Virginia Tech
Maryland
at Florida

:yikes:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm excited for Florida State at Boston College, because I get to go to Boston for the first time. :happy:

FSU - 9-3 (probably 8-4)

They've got a tough schedule this year (especially non-conference.)

Last 4 games:
at Boston College
at Virginia Tech
Maryland
at Florida

:yikes:

oh don't worry about the hokies. they manage to choke whenever playing a team from FL :(

Blue Room said:

Also next year they have a running back from Texas coming in named Sam McGuffie. Search on YouTube for the Sam McGuffie remix highlight film. It is unbelievable. Experts are saying the only player they have seen coming out of high school with as spectacular of a highlight film is Reggie Bush.

I have seen these highlights and as a Michigan fan...I :drool:

unico said:

oh don't worry about the hokies. they manage to choke whenever playing a team from FL :(

We will be able to tell how good the Hokies are early as I think they play LSU the 2nd week of the season. They win that game, they could be a team to watch out for. That being said, I dont think they win that game. I hope they are competitive in it though and it doesnt get ugly.

Got Philk? said:

I have seen these highlights and as a Michigan fan...I :drool:

It really is unbelievable. My Dad and brother are into the whole recruiting thing during the off season. I'm just into the season for the most part. But my Dad made me look at that highlight tape and I could not believe it. I like the one where he hurdles the safety and then runs in for a touchdown! :ohmy:

6326744_7_2.jpg

Oops...my bad..I meant this for somewhere else!..:giggle:

:tsk: Mr. BAW, all respect I had for you is now lost!!! :wink:

Hey, Michigan shouldnt have even been playing USC in the Rose Bowl if they could have taken care of business in their last game. How bout them Bruins! :wink:

What is amazing is that Henne didnt get hurt in the game. Its also amazing that it took the Michigan coaching staff until the 4th quarter to realize they should probably try to the shotgun formation to give him some time. Imagine that, it was actually effective when they did, but too little too late. Completely outcoached in the 2nd half. A trend at Michigan. :lol: I guess they have been working on alot of shotgun formation plays in camp this year and it is largely a result of that game. I will believe it when I see it.

Mr. BAW said:
I post because I like you...:up: its all in good fun...

No offense meant; oops, there I go talking about Michigan again...

I'm old and forgetful....

:lol:

I know :wink: Just crush Stanford this year. Harbaugh needs to shut his mouth! He is a traitor to Michigan! :lol:

Actually offense shouldnt be a problem for Michigan this year, they are loaded, at least on paper. Defense is going to suspect most likely. Thats what I'm concerned about.

Blue Room said:

How are they suppose to be this year? Will they even give USC a game?

Ranked 12th in the preseason polls. Offense will be great, as most of our starters return, including Heisman candidate WR DeSean Jackson and the rest of the super-fast receiving corps. Defense loses a few starters, but should be strong.

USC plays @ Berkeley this year, so we'll give them a game.

;)

LyricalDrug said:

Ranked 12th in the preseason polls. Offense will be great, as most of our starters return, including Heisman candidate WR DeSean Jackson and the rest of the super-fast receiving corps. Defense loses a few starters, but should be strong.

USC plays @ Berkeley this year, so we'll give them a game.

;)

:up: Sounds like Cal will be USC's only real regular season test. (I think USC will crush both Nebraska and Notre Dame). At Cal will make that game even more interesting.

Then again I dont think anyone saw Oregon State as any type of test for USC last year. :shrug: Its the old cliche', " thats why they play the game."

Last edited:
Thought this was the best place for these. Went to Ann Arbor today for fan appreciation day.

HPIM1710.jpg

Walking down the tunnel into Michigan Stadium.

HPIM1680.jpg

The best part of the day! :) Myself and my friend Dan with the Michigan pom pom girls.

I can't believe next week football starts! My favorite time of the year.

GO BLUE!

Back
Top Bottom