College Football 2007 - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #526
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Regardless of what happens next weekend, Fox must be thrilled at the possibility of a Missouri/West Virginia national title game and the 11 viewers that will tune in.
West Virginia is close to Pittsburgh and Mizzou is in between K.C. and St. Louis. I would think it would draw more viewers than you would think.
__________________

__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #527
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 07:41 AM
It may do well in those areas but none of them are a top 20 tv market and the game really wouldn't have much of a national appeal. They're the best teams in a season in which there aren't any great teams and neither would have the allure of the traditional football powers.
__________________

__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #528
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,806
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
It may do well in those areas but none of them are a top 20 tv market and the game really wouldn't have much of a national appeal. They're the best teams in a season in which there aren't any great teams and neither would have the allure of the traditional football powers.
Because everyone wants to see LSU and Ohio State in the title game this year!
__________________
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 11-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #529
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Regardless of what happens next weekend, Fox must be thrilled at the possibility of a Missouri/West Virginia national title game and the 11 viewers that will tune in.
lol. well, to be honest, i'm pretty sure most hokie fans will be watching because of the history with wvu back when vt was in the big east. so that's at least 20,000something viewers i know i've been keeping on tabs with them all season.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #530
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,488
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2ME3



Ohio State will not get annihilated by 5 TDs if they make it to the National Championship game. The game against Florida was an aberration. A game like that will not occur to another Jim Tressel coached team for a long time, if ever.
I'm sorry my friend, but if tOSU plays West Virginia, they go down by 5 TD's.
If they are lucky enough to draw USC in the Rose Bowl, they only lose by 4 TD's.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #531
Refugee
 
U2ME3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,750
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I'm sorry my friend, but if tOSU plays West Virginia, they go down by 5 TD's.
If they are lucky enough to draw USC in the Rose Bowl, they only lose by 4 TD's.
I just think that tOSU offense will put points on the board against both of those teams. More if they play WVU. USC, now that they're healthy, is the tougher matchup imo.

Regardless, after losing the Heisman Trophy winner, two first round receivers and a running back who ran for over 1200 yards last year, I'll take 11-1 and a chance to go back to the MNC game.

On top of that, tOSU has 21 of 24 starters coming back next year.
__________________
U2ME3 is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #532
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
AngelofHarlem01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Feeling the sunlight on my face.
Posts: 3,214
Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
^ Is Hawaii still undefeated?
__________________
AngelofHarlem01 is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #533
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Because everyone wants to see LSU and Ohio State in the title game this year!
Good point.

Because with Randhail's thinking, Columbus and New Orleans are great TV markets.
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #534
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener


Good point.

Because with Randhail's thinking, Columbus and New Orleans are great TV markets.
Those teams, especially Ohio St. don't need large markets to back them up because of the national following that they have. Neither West Virginia nor Missouri have a national following so the size of the market matters for for those teams than it does a school like Ohio St.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #535
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail


Those teams, especially Ohio St. don't need large markets to back them up because of the national following that they have. Neither West Virginia nor Missouri have a national following so the size of the market matters for for those teams than it does a school like Ohio St.
They might not be Ohio State, but they probably have a bigger national following than you think. West Virginia has recruited the east coast for years...and Mizzou has a fairly strong alumni base across the country.

With your reasoning, Boise State sounds like more of a nightmare than WVU and Mizzou! The game they were in last year was pretty damn entertaining.
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #536
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Halftime of WSU vs. Cal, Cal band performs.

Swallow all liquids before clicking on the link below.

__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #537
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 07:41 AM
that was brill!
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #538
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,431
Local Time: 07:41 AM
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #539
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,488
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #540
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
AngelofHarlem01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Feeling the sunlight on my face.
Posts: 3,214
Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Halftime of WSU vs. Cal, Cal band performs.

Swallow all liquids before clicking on the link below.

__________________

__________________
AngelofHarlem01 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com