College Football 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AP Top 25
1. Ohio State (50)
2. LSU (11)
3. Oklahoma (1)
4. Georgia (1)
5. Virginia Tech (1)
6. USC
7. Missouri
8. Kansas
9. Florida
10. Hawaii (1)
11. West Virginia
12. Arizona State
13. Illinois
14. Boston College
15. Clemson
16. Tennessee
17. Texas
18. Wisconsin
19. Brigham Young
20. Cincinnati
21. Virginia
22. Auburn
23. South Florida
24. Boise State
25. Arkansas
View complete poll

Sun Dec 2, 2007

USA Today
1. Ohio State (46)
2. LSU (11)
3. Oklahoma (2)
4. Georgia
5. Virginia Tech
6. USC
7. Missouri
8. Kansas
9. West Virginia
10. Hawaii (1)
11. Arizona State
12. Florida
13. Illinois
14. Boston College
15. Wisconsin
16. Clemson
17. Texas
18. Tennessee
19. Brigham Young
20. Virginia
21. Auburn
22. Boise State
23. Cincinnati
24. Arkansas
25. South Florida

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the first season I've actually paid attention to it. It always just confused the hell out of me before.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that not everyone in the world of collegiate athletics looks at things objectively.

For you and me, we want the best 2 teams in the Championship game...then 3 should play 4, 5 vs 6, etc....but, that's not always how it works. The Rose Bowl, for example...they might invite Illinois, they might not...but, what they're looking for is to make sure that they sell out....that the largest # of eyeballs see the game (higher ranking does not always translate to higher TV ratings....traditional programs are a safer ratings bet than a team that emerges from out of nowhere), they want to know which school will do the most to expose the Tournament of Roses and all it entails to the American public, etc. And the same goes for the other bowls as well. Also, there is a rich history with the Big Ten/Pac-10 and the Rose Bowl, so, they always keep that in mind, even if the Big-10 champion happens to go to the BCS Championship game. Illinois or Georgia will be going to the Rose Bowl to face USC, I think. Nobody else. If Illinois were ranked 8th, we'd not even be talking about this, it would be Illinois....but, since they are 13th....it's a tougher call for the Tournament of Roses people. Hopefully, for me, they choose the Illini.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
Well, one thing to keep in mind is that not everyone in the world of collegiate athletics looks at things objectively.

Sure they do. It's just that the object is usually money.

DaveC said:

I have a strong dislike for OSU (although I have no idea why).

Join the club.

It would have been easy to keep tOSU out of the national championship game...the six teams ahead of them two weeks ago should have won their games.

I'm certain its a National broadcast (except for the Frozen Tundra), but Fox is broadcasting the official BCS results at 8 p.m. Eastern...

I don't suspect the Harris Poll to come out any much sooner than that...they're getting very slow lately...I wouldn't expect any major changes.

Hewson said:
So when Oklahoma beats Mizzou Saturday, we're gonna hafta see Ohio State get annihilated by 5 TDs in another "National championship" game.
Great system.
And it will come to pass....LSU 52 tOSU10.
Mark it down.

Just wondering who everyone here thinks should be in national championship game?

Discuss.

The BCS is such a joke. Mizzou goes from #1 to not even getting a BCS game, while Kansas and Illinois, both of whom Mizzou beat on neutral fields gets to go. Missouri would have been better off losing to Kansas last week, and then sit at home and watch Kansas lose to OU in the conf. title game.

That's how stupid the system is.

Just thought you were so confident that tOSU would lose by 5 to 6 touchdowns that you would like to take the bet?

I'm not trying to be a prick, but tOSU plays one bad game (41-14) in years and now they can't play at all? I don't get it?

Who, in your mind, do you think should be playing for the MNC?

Also, I do respect your sports knowledge but not sure where you're coming from regarding tOSU.

Looks like the Horns and the Sun Devils in the Holiday Bowl. As disappointing as our season was, this is actually a pretty good draw for me since ASU is my dad's alma mater. December 27 will be a watershed father-son rivalry day.

Not to mention another head-to-head matchup with ole Dave here. Two Cowboys/Eagles games a year and now we get this? We've got a budding rivalry here, Davey.

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Kansas

That leaves Ohio State vs LSU for the championship, and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

inmyplace13 said:
Looks like the Horns and the Sun Devils in the Holiday Bowl. As disappointing as our season was, this is actually a pretty good draw for me since ASU is my dad's alma mater. December 27 will be a watershed father-son rivalry day.

Not to mention another head-to-head matchup with ole Dave here. Two Cowboys/Eagles games a year and now we get this? We've got a budding rivalry here, Davey.

The 'effin Holiday Bowl :angry:

Two weeks ago ASU coulda been in the Rose Bowl... :sigh:

Well, hopefully my teams will win at least one of those three games, and I don't think it's gonna be the Eagles. :wink:

I think they got it right...I've always liked LSU but somehow, someway, they've apparently become America's team...don't know if that affected the BCS' vote but they sure get their share of media exposure...

I like Illinois vs. SC...that will be a good game and it'll showcase the Trojan's defense...hopefully Booty can step up and air it out...

I'm not really sure who should be in the Big Game... :shrug:

Last edited:
Question: So they listed VT at # 3. If OSU loses to LSU and the Hokies win the Orange Bowl (for the sake of argument, let's say they beat Kansas easily), is it then conceivable that the Hokies could grab a share of the national championship by virtue of the fact that they have 2 losses, just like LSU and OSU?

Doubtful because VT never received any #1 votes during the season...I'm sorry, except for this week...who knows but doubtful..the debacle over splitting the National Championship like they did several years ago will live on, BCS doesn't want that again....

Bottom line is you can make the case for and against a lot of teams for the title game. That is why college football needs some type of playoff system (never gonna happen).

As far as tOSU is concerned, I am much happier playing at LSU for the title than playing at USC in Rose Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom