College Football 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fascinating post here on Lloyd Carr's health and the search for a new coach at Michigan. All hearsay and unaccredited material though, so take it for what it's worth.

Careful what you wish for, unico!
My Dawgs are on a roll, just as we were at this time last year...
I doubt the bowl gurus would be foolish enough to choose a repeat of last year's Chick-fil-A bowl (although i must say, i was at that game and it was fantastic!!!).

I, along with many other members of the Bulldog nation, would love to see us play in the Rose Bowl...
GO DAWGS

speedracer said:
On the bright side, this could finally be the year every team finishes with multiple losses and the BCS completely falls apart.

EDITED: Since Missouri and WVU both gagged, the only teams left with fewer than 2 losses are Ohio State, Kansas and Hawaii.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it has to be OSU vs. LSU in the title game.

LSU's two losses were both in OT, which really should be considered as one win and one loss, and they're way better than Kansas and Hawaii.

DaveC said:
Sorry Doozie, this one must hurt...
Why doesn't Oregon line up and spike the ball?
Its second down, they have 17 seconds and the offensive line is essentially already lined up as they just ran a short play to get the ball in the middle of the field.

Sorry, they deserve to lose when they don't use their heads and instead run the FG team out like a Chinese fire drill.

speedracer said:
I am pretty sure it has to be OSU vs. LSU in the title game.

But would LSU vault all 3 of GA, Kansas and VT (who also won, beating the #11 BCS team)?

If so, these polls are a complete joke.

There has never been a better argument for a playoff than this year.

There will never be a playoff, at least not for the forseeable future. It's an impossibility until at least 2012, and even then, too many conference commissioners are against it. It's funny how there are "arguments" for it, when it's not going to happen.

That all being said, I'd like to see an 8-team playoff, with the 4 losers of the first round being released back into the Bowl pool.

To me, the best team in College Football right now is USC; I think they'd run the table.

Wow, that was some shitty officiating in the WVU-Pitt game. :tsk:

I honestly don't know who's going to play in the NC Game - Ohio State ( :mad: ) and maybe Georgia? Kansas? If I had a vote, I'd probably vote for Hawaii. :shrug:

DaveC said:
Wow, that was some shitty officiating in the WVU-Pitt game. :tsk:

I honestly don't know who's going to play in the NC Game - Ohio State ( :mad: ) and maybe Georgia? Kansas? If I had a vote, I'd probably vote for Hawaii. :shrug:

Let's be thankful that you don't have a vote, then.

:)

:lol:

Well, I say that having never seen Hawaii actually play, their games start at 12:30 AM here and are never on TV. That may have been pretty ridiculous, in hindsight.

I really just have no idea. Whoever it is though, they have to be able to beat Ohio State...I have a strong dislike for OSU (although I have no idea why).

Come to think of it, I'd vote for USC. That team is filthy when they're all healthy. And it's not an entirely unselfish hope, because Arizona State could go to the Rose Bowl :wink:

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Why doesn't Oregon line up and spike the ball?
Its second down, they have 17 seconds and the offensive line is essentially already lined up as they just ran a short play to get the ball in the middle of the field.

Sorry, they deserve to lose when they don't use their heads and instead run the FG team out like a Chinese fire drill.

The freshman quarterback did not see the coach signalling for the spike. :tsk:

And I completely agree. It made me sick to watch.

Hewson said:
But would LSU vault all 3 of GA, Kansas and VT (who also won, beating the #11 BCS team)?

If so, these polls are a complete joke.

There has never been a better argument for a playoff than this year.

Well of course, the polls are a complete joke - I thought that was a given.

There's a pretty good argument against all of these teams, but no real argument for any of them deserving to be in. For me I kick out UGA & Kansas because they didn't even win their leagues, and LSU crushed VT and both their losses were in OT, so I put LSU in. I think you could make an argument for VT, but I can't put teams who didn't even win their conferences in the championship.

And I love WVU losing :) Even with help from the refs. Rich Rodriguez looked like he was going to cry in the postgame presser. I still think they're one of the best teams, and it's mind-boggling how they could lose to Pitt. It won't get the same attention, but that's as big an upset as App over Michigan or Stamford-USC.

DaveC said:
:lol:

Well, I say that having never seen Hawaii actually play, their games start at 12:30 AM here and are never on TV. That may have been pretty ridiculous, in hindsight.

I really just have no idea. Whoever it is though, they have to be able to beat Ohio State...I have a strong dislike for OSU (although I have no idea why).

Come to think of it, I'd vote for USC. That team is filthy when they're all healthy. And it's not an entirely unselfish hope, because Arizona State could go to the Rose Bowl :wink:
You obviously do not follow this...Dennis Erickson is completely happy to have a "home game" in the Fiesta Bowl...he is happy just to have made it to a bowl last night...did you not watch that game either??? they made out by the skin of their teeth over an unranked team facing a 9-year skid of non-bowl appearances...for the Sun Devils to make it to the Rose Bowl is a joke...

And Hawaii; I'll give you the fact that they won but it was ugly...and if that's the best they could do against a big, SLOW Washington defense, I would like to see them against 'SC but its not gonna happen...I'm hoping for Georgia or any other power against the Trojans...

Ohio State will be SC's opener in September..all fresh faces for both teams, a clean start.

I wish it were gonna be LSU/USC, but that's of course impossible now. I'm biased towards OSU, but I don't think they're one of the best 2 teams in the nation, I just don't. Hawaii, Dave, has a fun offense and I look forward to their Bowl game, and I hope it's a BCS Bowl game, but they should not be playing for the title. They have no defense, and a poor Washington team almost beat them.

It's a frustrating season to not have a playoff.

Here's hoping Illinois is Rose Bowl bound.

Because the Rose Bowl has always, except for recent years, been the Big 10 vs. the Pac-10 representatives...if OSU goes to the big game, the next in-line Big 10 team goes...that's how.

And, I'd wouldn't mind seeing SC put to test against Illinois' running game....

And I would LOVE to see the Illini get a chance!!
GOOO ILLINI

but I am esp proud of Pitt taking down rivals WV!!

Mr. BAW said:
the next in-line Big 10 team goes...that's how.

That's a pretty stupid rule. We're going to get a mediocre (relatively) team in the Rose Bowl taking a spot that ought to go to a top-ten team, which clearly means that some other more deserving team is going to get shut out. :slant:

It really ought to be an at-large team if the conference representative is playing in the NC game. Damn, I'm really starting to dislike the BCS.

Back
Top Bottom