College Football 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
^ Is Hawaii still undefeated?

Which bowl game do you think FSU will go to this year?

My money's on the Smucker's Blueberry Syrup Pancake Bowl :reject:.

They couldn't get into a fishbowl if they tried right now.

Hopefully they'll get into something like the Emerald Bowl again and own another Pac-10 team.

With such a solid victory over a #6 team, I'm disappointed that SC only moved up two spots...

The AP poll is the purported SportWriters and they have SC #8..
The USA is the Coaches poll, they have SC at #9...

I guess I see the problem with both...I honestly can't see how beating UCLA advances them in the rankings but it does put them in the Rose Bowl...:shrug:

To Kelly - I don't follow FSU and FLA like I used to so I can't see where they might wind up ...

Last edited:
Looks like Hawaii has a good shot at a BCS bowl if they take care of business against Washington. Will wait for the BCS standings though.

Looks like WVU vs. Mizzou/OSU in the title game though, barring a stunning upset by Pitt in the backyard brawl. I give Pitt 0 shot in that one.

I wouldn't be shocked if Oklahoma took down Mizzou again in the big 12 title game. It would be great if both WVU and Mizzou lost next weekend.

I'm a wealth of information this morning...

The Harris Interactive Poll is comprised of former players, coaches, administrators, and current and former media who submit votes for the top 25 teams each week. The panel has been designed to be a statistically valid representation of all 11 FBS Conferences and independent institutions.

The AP poll is the SportWriters...
The USA is the Coaches poll...

The Bowl Championship Series (BCS) is a selection system designed to pair the top two teams in college football against each other in the BCS National Championship Game, with the winner crowned the BCS national champion. The system also selects matchups for the other prestigious BCS bowl games. The ten teams selected include the conference champion from each of the six BCS conferences plus four others ("at-large" selections). It has been in place since the 1998 season, but a number of controversial selections have spurred changes in the system that continue into the present. Prior to the 2006 season eight teams competed in four BCS Bowls. The BCS replaced the Bowl Alliance (in place from 1995-1997), which followed the Bowl Coalition (in place from 1992-1994). As of the 2006-07 season, the BCS will air primarily on FOX while only the Rose Bowl will continue to be shown on ABC.

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
AP Top 25
1. Missouri (45)
2. West Virginia (20)
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. LSU
6. Virginia Tech
7. Kansas
8. USC
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida
11. Hawaii
12. Boston College
13. Arizona State
14. Tennessee
15. Illinois
16. Clemson
17. Texas
18. Oregon
19. Wisconsin
20. Cincinnati
21. Brigham Young
22. Virginia
23. Auburn
24. Boise State
25. South Florida
View complete poll

Sun Nov 25, 2007

USA Today
1. West Virginia (37)
2. Missouri (17)
3. Ohio State (6)
4. Georgia
5. Virginia Tech
5. Kansas
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma
9. USC
10. Hawaii
11. Florida
12. Boston College
13. Arizona State
14. Illinois
15. Tennessee
16. Wisconsin
17. Clemson
18. Texas
19. Brigham Young
20. Oregon
21. Auburn
21. Virginia
23. Boise State
24. Cincinnati
25. Arkansas
View complete poll

Sun Nov 25, 2007
Harris Poll
1. Missouri (57)
2. West Virginia (45)
3. Ohio State (11)
4. Georgia (10-2)
5. LSU (10-2)
6. Kansas (11-1)
7. Virginia Tech (10-2)
8. Oklahoma (10-2)
9. USC (9-2)
10. Hawaii (1)
11. Florida
12. Boston College (10-2)
13. Arizona State (9-2)
14. Illinois (9-3)
15. Tennessee (9-3)
16. Wisconsin (9-3)
17. Texas (9-3) 903
18. Clemson (9-3)
19. Oregon (8-3) 716
20. Brigham Young (9-2)
21. Cincinnati (9-3)
22. Boise State (10-2)
23. Virginia (9-3)
24. Auburn (8-4)
25. South Florida (9-3)

Last edited:
unico said:
i doubt it would happen, but it'd be nice to see the hokies play lsu again for a bowl game. it'd be like the 2nd revenge. 1st will be with bc on sat in jville.

bring it on!

Rooting for VT to beat BC so ASU can get into a BCS game :up:

I'm curious to see the polls after BC/VT and OK/Mizzou. I'd guess OK and BC fall out with losses, but I could see Mizzou and/or VTech getting into BCS bowls even if they lose.

So yeah, if you're ASU or Hawaii or Florida you're hoping OK & BC lose...

Mr. BAW said:

Harris Poll
1. Missouri (57)
2. West Virginia (45)
3. Ohio State (11)
4. Georgia (10-2)
5. LSU (10-2)
6. Kansas (11-1)
7. Virginia Tech (10-2)
8. Oklahoma (10-2)
9. USC (9-2)
10. Hawaii (1)
11. Florida
12. Boston College (10-2)
13. Arizona State (9-2)
14. Illinois (9-3)
15. Tennessee (9-3)
16. Wisconsin (9-3)
17. Texas (9-3) 903
18. Clemson (9-3)
19. Oregon (8-3) 716
20. Brigham Young (9-2)
21. Cincinnati (9-3)
22. Boise State (10-2)
23. Virginia (9-3)
24. Auburn (8-4)
25. South Florida (9-3)

Bowl Championship

1. Missouri
2. West Virginia
3. Ohio St.
4. Georgia
5. Kansas
6. Virginia Tech
7. LSU
8. USC
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida
11. Boston College
12. Hawaii
13. Arizona St.
14. Tennessee
15. Illinois
16. Clemson
17. Oregon
18. Wisconsin
19. Brigham Young
20. Texas
21. South Florida
22. Virginia
23. Cincinnati
24. Auburn
25. Boise St.

Last edited:
So when Oklahoma beats Mizzou Saturday, we're gonna hafta see Ohio State get annihilated by 5 TDs in another "National championship" game.
Great system.

Regardless of what happens next weekend, Fox must be thrilled at the possibility of a Missouri/West Virginia national title game and the 11 viewers that will tune in.

Hewson said:
So when Oklahoma beats Mizzou Saturday, we're gonna hafta see Ohio State get annihilated by 5 TDs in another "National championship" game.
Great system.

Ohio State will not get annihilated by 5 TDs if they make it to the National Championship game. The game against Florida was an aberration. A game like that will not occur to another Jim Tressel coached team for a long time, if ever.

Hewson said:
Great system.

Thankfully, I don't think they will. Mizzou has only gotten better since their first meeting, and Chase Daniel is playing some phenomenal ball.

randhail said:
Regardless of what happens next weekend, Fox must be thrilled at the possibility of a Missouri/West Virginia national title game and the 11 viewers that will tune in.

West Virginia is close to Pittsburgh and Mizzou is in between K.C. and St. Louis. I would think it would draw more viewers than you would think.

It may do well in those areas but none of them are a top 20 tv market and the game really wouldn't have much of a national appeal. They're the best teams in a season in which there aren't any great teams and neither would have the allure of the traditional football powers.

randhail said:
It may do well in those areas but none of them are a top 20 tv market and the game really wouldn't have much of a national appeal. They're the best teams in a season in which there aren't any great teams and neither would have the allure of the traditional football powers.

Because everyone wants to see LSU and Ohio State in the title game this year!

randhail said:

lol. well, to be honest, i'm pretty sure most hokie fans will be watching because of the history with wvu back when vt was in the big east. so that's at least 20,000something viewers :wink: i know i've been keeping on tabs with them all season.

U2ME3 said:

Ohio State will not get annihilated by 5 TDs if they make it to the National Championship game. The game against Florida was an aberration. A game like that will not occur to another Jim Tressel coached team for a long time, if ever.
I'm sorry my friend, but if tOSU plays West Virginia, they go down by 5 TD's.
If they are lucky enough to draw USC in the Rose Bowl, they only lose by 4 TD's.

Hewson said:
I'm sorry my friend, but if tOSU plays West Virginia, they go down by 5 TD's.
If they are lucky enough to draw USC in the Rose Bowl, they only lose by 4 TD's.

I just think that tOSU offense will put points on the board against both of those teams. More if they play WVU. USC, now that they're healthy, is the tougher matchup imo.

Regardless, after losing the Heisman Trophy winner, two first round receivers and a running back who ran for over 1200 yards last year, I'll take 11-1 and a chance to go back to the MNC game.

On top of that, tOSU has 21 of 24 starters coming back next year.

zonelistener said:

Good point.

Because with Randhail's thinking, Columbus and New Orleans are great TV markets.

Those teams, especially Ohio St. don't need large markets to back them up because of the national following that they have. Neither West Virginia nor Missouri have a national following so the size of the market matters for for those teams than it does a school like Ohio St.

randhail said:

Those teams, especially Ohio St. don't need large markets to back them up because of the national following that they have. Neither West Virginia nor Missouri have a national following so the size of the market matters for for those teams than it does a school like Ohio St.

They might not be Ohio State, but they probably have a bigger national following than you think. West Virginia has recruited the east coast for years...and Mizzou has a fairly strong alumni base across the country.

With your reasoning, Boise State sounds like more of a nightmare than WVU and Mizzou! The game they were in last year was pretty damn entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom