College Football 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No way.

Although I WOULD have agreed, you said it had to be done before game time. Since it wasn't the bet is null and void. :wink:

LA Times said that Rudy Carpenter (ASU's purported QB) was chipping at the Trojans even BEFORE the coin toss...Jackson and Ellis promised him they were gonna meet soon enough....

Bam! Boom! Bang! Smack! Thwack!

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

1195792047.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad for LSU....i was actually pulling for them to go to national championship game until now. (figuring Georgia has absolutely no chance, would be nice to see an SEC team go for it--as long as as it's not Florida, Tenn, or Auburn) oh well...

maybe GEORGIA can make it to SEC champ game to play LSU....
Go Kentucky!!!! Beat Tennessee and Dawgs go to the Dome next Saturday.......

Georgia plays Georgia Tech tomorrow. If Dawgs win, will be interesting to see how much we move up in polls. No less than 3 teams ahead of us in BCS poll will have lost this week!!!!

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad LSU lost for very selfish reasons. Now there is no real excuse for Michigan to not go after Les Miles as their new coach. Michigan needs a new energetic philosophy and I think he fits the bill. Plus he has Michigan ties.

Jayhawks in the title game?? It has been a really weird year in college football.

kellyahern said:

That game was . . . :| .

I was actually sort of hopeful at the very beginning. Then once I realized FSU's defense could not do anything, it was all downhill.

Damn you Teeeeeeeeeebooooooooooooooooow!!!!! :madwife:

That was the definition of a "Pound in the ass" game. I stopped watching halfway through the 3rd quarter and switched to the Magic-Heat game.

But Cissy, who knew he had it in him?

At least FSU beat UF in basketball last night. Right? Right? Yeah, no one cares.

You know, going in I was prepped for UConn to lose (no way are they as good as WVU), and I figured I'd pull for WVU in the championship game (I always support the Big East teams).

But 66 points? Fuck them. I hope they rot. I don't get how it's cool to run it up in college, but not the pros? I'm figuring Mizzou goes down vs. Oklahoma and OSU plays WVU. So I'm stuck cheering for the Buckeyes :( This sucks.

I'm hoping VT beats BC and gets the BCS bid; UConn/BC would be a cool bowl matchup. Anyone know how the non-BCS bowl matchups are set?

oh jeez.

WVU RAN the ball all game. Are you supposed to take a knee for the whole fourth quarter?

WVU had 107 yards passing...Connecticut had 189. WVU had 517 yards rushing.

I don't think it is running up the score if the team your playing just cannot stop the ball. Connecticut is clearly just not that good.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with Zoney. I watched some of the Uconn/WV game and what are you supposed to do? Its not like they were throwing it all over the yard. Just running the ball. Uconn just couldnt stop it.

Oregon throttled my team Michigan this year and it was because their quarterback just scrambled all over the place and they couldnt stop it. I didnt think they were running up the score though. They were just the better team. :shrug:

I agree with both of you guys really. Just frustrating to see that happen...leaves a sour taste to an unexpectedly nice 9-3 record.

The scary part is, WVU didn't play all that well in the 1st half...that score could have been much worse.

CTU2fan said:
I agree with both of you guys really. Just frustrating to see that happen...leaves a sour taste to an unexpectedly nice 9-3 record.

The scary part is, WVU didn't play all that well in the 1st half...that score could have been much worse.

I feel your pain, believe me. It was rough year to be a Wolverine fan.

Win over OSU would have helped, I was pulling for your guys.

I'm hoping this turns out to be a blessing in disguise, where UConn gets invited to a decent bowl and plays a team they can compete with...if they'd somehow beaten WVU and gotten into a BCS bowl I could see the results of that being pretty ugly.

AP Top 25
1. Missouri (45)
2. West Virginia (20)
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. LSU
6. Virginia Tech
7. Kansas
8. USC
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida
11. Hawaii
12. Boston College
13. Arizona State
14. Tennessee
15. Illinois
16. Clemson
17. Texas
18. Oregon
19. Wisconsin
20. Cincinnati
21. Brigham Young
22. Virginia
23. Auburn
24. Boise State
25. South Florida
View complete poll

Sun Nov 25, 2007

USA Today
1. West Virginia (37)
2. Missouri (17)
3. Ohio State (6)
4. Georgia
5. Virginia Tech
5. Kansas
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma
9. USC
10. Hawaii
11. Florida
12. Boston College
13. Arizona State
14. Illinois
15. Tennessee
16. Wisconsin
17. Clemson
18. Texas
19. Brigham Young
20. Oregon
21. Auburn
21. Virginia
23. Boise State
24. Cincinnati
25. Arkansas
View complete poll

Sun Nov 25, 2007

^ Is Hawaii still undefeated?

LemonMacPhisto said:

That was the definition of a "Pound in the ass" game. I stopped watching halfway through the 3rd quarter and switched to the Magic-Heat game.

But Cissy, who knew he had it in him?

At least FSU beat UF in basketball last night. Right? Right? Yeah, no one cares.

Which bowl game do you think FSU will go to this year?

My money's on the Smucker's Blueberry Syrup Pancake Bowl :reject:.

Back
Top Bottom