College Football 2006-2007 - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2006, 04:53 AM   #91
War Child

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

I don't blame the playcalling AT ALL. I think that's completely wrong. Michael Robinson was great. The difference is Morelli doesn't throw consistently, and is a horrible decision maker. I don't think anyone taught him about checking each receiver. It's unbelievable. I've never seen a QB not see this many wide open receivers.
Whoa there a minute, MRob wasn't exactly an accurate passer himself. He made many more plays with his feet, and in doing so saved us from another horrible year moving the football in 2005. He also had decent amount of experience running our, err, "offense" prior to winning the starting job last year. And for the record, MR didn't check down much either. When his primary target wasn't open, he just took off. AM doesn't have that club in his bag.

Morelli is not doing the things you pointed out because (1)Jaypa and Co. have failed in coaching him up to do so, and (2) They rarely gave AM the chance to play his first two years. As a result, Anthony was no better prepared than an incoming freshman to start the season. Whose fault was that?

Playcalling not an issue? Where's the TE? Why do almost all of our routes get run to the sideline? The talent we have at WR screams YAC, but that's hard to get from a good ole' fashioned square out, isn't it?. And I'm not talking about just this year either. We haven't consistently attacked the middle of the field since Collins and Engram. Why is Perretta getting sent on a short side reverse at Minny? What was AM doing running the option at ND? That worked out well, didn't it? Why is it often times obvious to the other team what we are going to run just by the personnel we put out there? Most of AJ Wallace's touches fall under this category. When DWill goes under center, he's the ball carrier. Not hard to figure out.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #92
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Being a Michigan fan I'm not sure about that really. If it was in Ann Arbor I would feel better. Alot of football left before we know how good either team is. Alot of factors such as injuries can play into it as well. If either teams quarterback has any type of injury it will be devastating to that team.

Should be a good game though. My concerns for Michigan are games that are coming up quickly, Sparty next week and Penn State on the road. Iowa wont be a cake walk but fortunately thats at home. Michigan doesnt have any easy game though until Northwestern, in 4 weeks. If Michigan is still undefeated at that point they will be undefeated going into Columbus. Its a big IF still though to me.
I have full faith in my team. We destroyed MSU last week and the rest of the others teams we play will have the same fate. The only team I am worried about is OSU. They have a strong team and it will be a great game. My prediction before the season would be that UofM and OSU will play eachother undefeated at the end of the season. It stays the same.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #93
New Yorker

Blue Room... I almost forgot

HOW ABOUT THEM TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Has anyone heard of or know of the college trend that more than one player can wear the same jersey number so long as they aren't on the field at the same time????

USC QB John David Booty #10
USC starting Linebacker Brian Cushing #10

I saw that Washington had 2 #4's and 2 #8's but only one of each was on the field at any given time...

How long has this been happening????
Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Has anyone heard of or know of the college trend that more than one player can wear the same jersey number so long as they aren't on the field at the same time????

USC QB John David Booty #10
USC starting Linebacker Brian Cushing #10

I saw that Washington had 2 #4's and 2 #8's but only one of each was on the field at any given time...

How long has this been happening????
For a while. I know Nebraska used to have a roster of 120+ players for home games (most of whom never played a down, of course).

I know there are some college football teams that have a no-cut policy -- as long as you're willing to bust your ass in practice every day, you get to be part of the team and dress for home games, as is the case at many high schools. I don't know if this was/is the case at Nebraska, Washington or other I-A schools though.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

We're playing Boston College tonight...which shouldn't be too bad...but actually after the GT game, I'm wondering if I should've sent the team away with some vaseline.

By the way, I'm losing respect for my own team. Josh Hyman (yes, that is really his name) was arrested last week for DUI. The school didn't do JACK about it. In fact, they've kept it under wraps. It was the MEDIA that brought it to everyone's attention. He's out on bail, but last I heard he was still in the starting lineup for tonight's game.

UGH! I have issues with our athletic department.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:39 PM
If he goes to take a snap and sticks his hands under the beer girl's ass, then there's a problem....
Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman

I have full faith in my team. We destroyed MSU last week and the rest of the others teams we play will have the same fate. The only team I am worried about is OSU. They have a strong team and it will be a great game. My prediction before the season would be that UofM and OSU will play eachother undefeated at the end of the season. It stays the same.
I'm really looking forward to this game
(osu fan)
Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #99
War Child

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
By the way, I'm losing respect for my own team. Josh Hyman (yes, that is really his name) was arrested last week for DUI. The school didn't do JACK about it. In fact, they've kept it under wraps. It was the MEDIA that brought it to everyone's attention. He's out on bail, but last I heard he was still in the starting lineup for tonight's game.

UGH! I have issues with our athletic department.
So they're denying that their Hyman was busted?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:30 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr

So they're denying that their Hyman was busted?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman

Oh, I think Michigan's defense this year is good enough to have them in any game they play including the Buckeyes. I have been a fan of this team since I could walk, I go to all the home games and have been to almost all of them for the last 18 years. I have just seen my share of Michigan coming out flat and blowing a game they should win to many times to get super over confident though. They win the next two (Penn State and Iowa, neither are going to be cake walks) they go to Columbus undefeated and will play an undefeated OSU to go to the national title game. You know, I would love for that to happen and for them to win that and go, but even if they go undefeated and lose that game. They will be 11-1 and on their way to a BCS game. Compared to last year I would still be happy. I just hope Manningham is back for OSU, I think they will definately need him for that game. I dont think they have to have him for Penn State or Iowa though to win those. Should be interesting.

GO BLUE!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #102
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Oh, I think Michigan's defense this year is good enough to have them in any game they play including the Buckeyes. I have been a fan of this team since I could walk, I go to all the home games and have been to almost all of them for the last 18 years. I have just seen my share of Michigan coming out flat and blowing a game they should win to many times to get super over confident though. They win the next two (Penn State and Iowa, neither are going to be cake walks) they go to Columbus undefeated and will play an undefeated OSU to go to the national title game. You know, I would love for that to happen and for them to win that and go, but even if they go undefeated and lose that game. They will be 11-1 and on their way to a BCS game. Compared to last year I would still be happy. I just hope Manningham is back for OSU, I think they will definately need him for that game. I dont think they have to have him for Penn State or Iowa though to win those. Should be interesting.

GO BLUE!

I can't agree more. I did my undergrad there and my doctorate there starting in 97 when we took titles in football and hockey. Ever since then it has been a rough ride but I just have a feeling about this year. If it doesn't work out the Tigers will still win the world series
Old 10-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #103
New Yorker

R.I.P. Penn State

Old 10-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #104
Refugee

Larry Coker should be fired this week. That was digusting!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr

Whoa there a minute, MRob wasn't exactly an accurate passer himself. He made many more plays with his feet, and in doing so saved us from another horrible year moving the football in 2005. He also had decent amount of experience running our, err, "offense" prior to winning the starting job last year. And for the record, MR didn't check down much either. When his primary target wasn't open, he just took off. AM doesn't have that club in his bag.

Morelli is not doing the things you pointed out because (1)Jaypa and Co. have failed in coaching him up to do so, and (2) They rarely gave AM the chance to play his first two years. As a result, Anthony was no better prepared than an incoming freshman to start the season. Whose fault was that?

Playcalling not an issue? Where's the TE? Why do almost all of our routes get run to the sideline? The talent we have at WR screams YAC, but that's hard to get from a good ole' fashioned square out, isn't it?. And I'm not talking about just this year either. We haven't consistently attacked the middle of the field since Collins and Engram. Why is Perretta getting sent on a short side reverse at Minny? What was AM doing running the option at ND? That worked out well, didn't it? Why is it often times obvious to the other team what we are going to run just by the personnel we put out there? Most of AJ Wallace's touches fall under this category. When DWill goes under center, he's the ball carrier. Not hard to figure out.
No, now having seen last night I am even more convinced this isn't playcalling but Morelli. The sacks were almost entirely his fault. Each time he held the ball for entirely too long, to the point where you could see Paterno screaming "THROW THE BALL!" at him as he came off the field. He finds each open receiver (plenty, thanks to the playcalling) entirely too late. Every person who watches Penn State that I know notices this trend. Being immobile, late on throws, not throwing it away, and not seeing open men leads to serious problems.