College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2ME3 said:

That is the major difference between the OSU and UM programs and fan bases right now. Neither tOSU or their fans will be content to lose "The Game" and go to the Rose Bowl. During the John Cooper era, I'm sure this wasn't the case.

Nevertheless, it looks like it's going to be a great game. UM has played very well and their defense is tough. However, the key to this game is Jim Tressel. He is just plain and simple a better coach than Lloyd Carr. And it doesn't hurt that "The Game" is being played in Cowtown, err I mean Columbus.

Best of luck to both teams.....uh what am I saying????!!!!!...Ann Arbor is a whore! :wink:

Beat Blue!

Go Bucks!!!!
I don't know. I will not be happy at all if we don't beat Ohio State...In fact. I'll probably curse and make my wife say something like, "It's just college football."
I agree that overall, our fan base has gotten a little weak. I have seen this in the past couple years or so. We seem content. But this is an amazing year so why not want perfection? That's what I say. And we WILL win.
GO BLUE! :wink:

I'm pulling for a Rutgers vs. Boise State national title game. :wink:
Could happen, just need victories this Saturday from Ball State, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Arkansas St, North Carolina and UCLA to get the ball rolling.

What, it could happen, I mean Temple won a game, so anything's possible. :wink:

too bad Michigan won't be going into the OSU game undefeated

they won't get past Indiana at The Rock

Chizip said:
too bad Michigan won't be going into the OSU game undefeated

they won't get past Indiana at The Rock

I actually sort of see that as a potential trap game. Although I think Michigan will win. But it may be closer than most will be expecting. Fortunately most of Michigan's offensive starters will be back for that game. But Michigan's defense ultimately will win the day regardless.

Michigan beat Michigan St by 18
Indiana beat Michigan St by 25

so by simple math, Indiana will beat Michigan by 7

I predict a 34-27 score

Chizip said:

I predict a 34-27 score

Care to wager on that? Since you are so confident.

Also, even though I'm pretty sure you are saying this stuff to try to stir shit up (shocking I know). Comparing one opponent another like that simply doesnt work (and I think you know that). Last I checked Indiana played MSU AFTER they gave up this year. Also the MSU/Michigan game is a rivalry game and Michigan State still had most of their starters. Michigan knocked three of them out of the game including their best receiver. None of those players played against Indiana. MSU has gone into their traditional tank. If you had played them at the beginning of the year it would have been alot different, guaranteed.

But lets play your game. Indiana lost to Wisconsin 52-17. Michigan beat Wisconsin 28-10.

There is no way Indiana puts up 34 points against Michigan. Even if it is close, they wont score that much.

Last edited:
Well the Wisconsin game was the first game back for the coach from brain surgery, which really set the team back. But, no I don't think IU will really beat Michigan, but this is the first year in a long time that they have a shot. Sure it may be a 1 in 50 shot, but that's better than the 1 in 1000 shot it normally is.

Next year is when you should fear the Hoosiers though

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9763796

There was a 2008 Rose Bowl preview:

At least one half of it. Indiana might have finally broken through after an impressive 46-21 win over Michigan State.

Redshirt freshman Kellen Lewis threw five touchdowns. Sophomore James Hardy caught four of them. That makes seven in two games for Hardy.

At least Hardy was a big-time recruit. The only college football Kellen we're familiar with is Clemens (former Oregon quarterback) and Winslow (father-son combo).

Coach Terry Hoeppner has been through two brain surgeries since December. The Hoosiers lost to I-AA Southern Illinois on the weekend of his second hospital stay. Two other losses have come by at least 35 points.

Now the Hoosiers (5-4) find themselves one win away from bowl eligibility with games left against Minnesota, Michigan and Purdue.

Laugh now, Buckeyes and Wolverines. This is a team to root for. And fear.

Plus SI.com now has Indiana ranked higher than both Florida St and Miami, which is something I never thought I'd see. Of course they'll probably lose to Minnesota this weekend and it will all come crumbling back down to earth.

Chizip said:
Well the Wisconsin game was the first game back for the coach from brain surgery, which really set the team back. But, no I don't think IU will really beat Michigan, but this is the first year in a long time that they have a shot. Sure it may be a 1 in 50 shot, but that's better than the 1 in 1000 shot it normally is.

Plus SI.com now has Indiana ranked higher than both Florida St and Miami, which is something I never thought I'd see. Of course they'll probably lose to Minnesota this weekend and it will all come crumbling back down to earth.

I never said Indiana wasnt improved. I just said comparing scores by other opponents to come out with your theory as to why they would win is flawed logic, which I think you knew. If you read my posts I said I think it may be closer than people are expecting. Its a trap game for Michigan as its the week before the BIG one. Ultimately Michigan is going to win though. There is no way Indiana puts up the kind of points you indicated against Michigan's defense.

Chizip said:

I predict a 34-27 score

Where did you learn math?:huh:

How much do you want to bet???

Chizip said:

Good. I fucking hate Miami. Just a bunch of thugs:mad:

U2ME3 said:

That is the major difference between the OSU and UM programs and fan bases right now. Neither tOSU or their fans will be content to lose "The Game" and go to the Rose Bowl. During the John Cooper era, I'm sure this wasn't the case.

Nevertheless, it looks like it's going to be a great game. UM has played very well and their defense is tough. However, the key to this game is Jim Tressel. He is just plain and simple a better coach than Lloyd Carr. And it doesn't hurt that "The Game" is being played in Cowtown, err I mean Columbus.

Best of luck to both teams.....uh what am I saying????!!!!!...Ann Arbor is a whore! :wink:

Beat Blue!

Go Bucks!!!!

Hahaha, U2ME3 I haven't talked with you in years. You still live around German Village?

Man, I'm not living in Columbus anymore, but I've been meeting a great Ohio State friendly bar in Santa Monica, CA... The Shack.

I can hardly wait for the Buckeyes to be the first team to beat 3... THREE #2 teams. Unbelieveable:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2644644

2. Could Ohio State be the first team ever to beat three No. 2s to win the national championship?

Not only would the Buckeyes be the first No. 1 to win three games against No. 2s, there have never been three 1 vs. 2 games in one season in the 70 years of the Associated Press poll. In fact, Ohio State's 24-7 defeat of Texas on Sept. 9 was the first regular-season game between the two highest ranked teams in 10 years.

Only twice before, in 1943 and 1945, has a regular-season No. 1 played two No. 2 teams. In 1943, Notre Dame beat Michigan 35-12 and Iowa Pre-Flight 14-13. In 1945, Army beat Notre Dame 48-0 and three weeks later beat Navy 32-13.

Regular-season 1 vs. 2 games rarely took place before the late 1980s. After Army and Notre Dame played their famous 0-0 tie in 1946, No. 1 didn't play No. 2 again until 1963, when Texas beat Oklahoma 28-7.

In 1985, however, college football fans began to get lucky. In seven of the next nine seasons, No. 1 played No. 2. After second-ranked Notre Dame upset top-ranked Florida State 31-24 in 1993, there would be only one such game in the next 12 years, the Seminoles' 24-21 upset of Florida in 1996.

What happened to 1s vs. 2s? Simple: In 1992, the limit on I-A scholarships dropped to 85. The talent spread among more teams. That's why eight Big Ten teams have won at least a share of the conference championship in the last seven seasons, why in the last 10 years no SEC team has won more than two league championships.

All of which is to say that college football fans are lucky this season. Enjoy the regular-season games between No. 1 and No. 2. You never know when they'll come around again.

everytime Indiana lets you get your hopes up a little they kick ya in the nuts, disgusting

Chizip said:
everytime Indiana lets you get your hopes up a little they kick ya in the nuts, disgusting
The new math says:

Michigan 28, Minnesota 14
Minnesota 63, Indiana 26

ergo:

Michigan 77, Indiana 26

:wink:

VertigoGal said:
wow Ohio State's kind of sucking in this second half. :tsk:

Only putting up 17 points against the Illini for the whole game kinda shows they sucked the whole game.

How about them Gophers putting some points up finally!

As a Hokie, I really talked some shit about the 'Canes this weekend, and now I feel terrible. I can't believe Pata was shot and killed at his own apartment tonight. They are saying it was a homicide, but that's all they're releasing so far. :sad:

Actually Zook has the Illini playing very well. They had every chance in the world against PSU and Wisc, and gave the Bucks a fight. Zook has some seriously talented freshman with much more on the way. His team will be very hard to handle next year. Especially if they get recruits like Melvin Aleaze and Marvin Austin. Not ready to predict a B10 championship just yet, but they will get their share of Ws in 2007.

Don't post much, but as a hardcore Florida fan I must. I am sincerely hoping that Rutgers beats Lousiville tomorrow. In doing so, they will bump Florida up to number 3 in the BCS, and then after the Michigan/Ohio State showdown give them a place in the big game (assuming Florida wins out and wins the SEC title game). I guess it's a bit over the top but hey...GO GATORS.

Hook em, Rutgers!

A National Championship berth is getting less and less far fetched.

l2214126.jpg

didn't think rutgers had a chance after that kickoff was run back for a TD... great comeback, great win.

but alas... the fact that if rutgers goes undefeated and ends up as the only undefeated team in the nation and still have a snowballs chance in hell of even playing for a national championship, let alone winning one, is exactly why i can't take college football serious... other than for gambling reasons, of course.

get a damned playoff already... the system is a joke.

inmyplace13 said:
Hook em, Rutgers!

A National Championship berth is getting less and less far fetched.

The Knights actually have a better chance than most people think:

While SUNJ may not replace Louisville as #3, they will be comfortably positioned in the top 10, above most of the one loss teams. The computers look favorably upon them already. Look at Sagarin, which already includes last night's win:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

All three of their remaining games [@ Cincy, Syr, @(#9)WVU] will increase their current SOS index. (yes, even the Syracuse game) A win at Morgantown will cause another boost in the computers at least, and maybe even the human polls.

The only thing working against them is voter perception.

Should be entertaining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom