College Football 2006-2007 - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #316
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Interception!

The BCS can never get a break.
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #317
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Mr. BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Life's too short to drink cheap wine!
Posts: 12,336
Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Looks like #4 Florida struggled with FSU; will they lose style points???
I eat my words....

No Excuses, they did not look like a championship team, they were beat in every aspect of the game...I surrender!

Here's what UCLA did to USC...
__________________

__________________
Mr. BAW is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #318
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
I eat my words....

Don't eat your words, I liked that post .




C'mon Arkansas, you can do it .
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: gone
Posts: 17,891
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Interception!

The BCS can never get a break.
maybe it can...
__________________
Chizip is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #320
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:43 AM
or maybe not
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: gone
Posts: 17,891
Local Time: 01:43 AM
annnnnnd let the debate begin
__________________
Chizip is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Its going to be Florida in the title game. The media has suddenly jumped on their band wagon tonight after totally dismissing them last week. That is why its a complete joke. They arent going to vote FL in there because they are the 2nd best team now. They are going to vote them in there because they dont want the rematch. After USC lost, Michigan is clearly the number 2 team in the country (I thought they were before USC lost, but I'm a tad bias ).

Being a Michigan fan I cant say it bugs me tremendously though. Like I have said many times. Michigan had their shot to control their destiny and blew it. On to the Rose Bowl to take on the Trojans. Should be a good game. USC has the advantage already. Shorter lay off between games and it will pretty much be a home game for them.

Hewson, great call! I thought the USC/UCLA game would be close, but I didnt think UCLA would actually beat USC.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,572
Local Time: 01:43 AM
I haven't seen any Florida fans on this board, but any Florida fan who invokes the no-rematches argument should be dragged out into the street and shot.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #324
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Its going to be Florida in the title game. The media has suddenly jumped on their band wagon tonight after totally dismissing them last week. That is why its a complete joke. They arent going to vote FL in there because they are the 2nd best team now. They are going to vote them in there because they dont want the rematch. After USC lost, Michigan is clearly the number 2 team in the country (I thought they were before USC lost, but I'm a tad bias ).

Being a Michigan fan I cant say it bugs me tremendously though. Like I have said many times. Michigan had their shot to control their destiny and blew it. On to the Rose Bowl to take on the Trojans. Should be a good game. USC has the advantage already. Shorter lay off between games and it will pretty much be a home game for them.

Hewson, great call! I thought the USC/UCLA game would be close, but I didnt think UCLA would actually beat USC.
If Florida does go to the title game, how do you think they will do against OSU? Florida seems to have a tendency to make a lot of sloppy mistakes.
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #325
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
I haven't seen any Florida fans on this board, but any Florida fan who invokes the no-rematches argument should be dragged out into the street and shot.
Yes, but please don't remind me about that game.
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 07:43 PM
It should be Michigan, but I suppose Florida isn't so bad either. One of their HBs (Kestahn Moore) is from my hometown and graduated high school the same year as me, even though it was at our crosstown rival school.

I'm also looking forward to hearing our bowl bid tomorrow. From what I hear, it's looking like the Cotton Bowl (convenience!) or the Gator Bowl (home state!). We shall see.
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern


If Florida does go to the title game, how do you think they will do against OSU? Florida seems to have a tendency to make a lot of sloppy mistakes.
The only advantage FL has is a shorter lay off between games. OSU hasnt played in 2 weeks already. Its going to be a long lay off, teams get rusty. I still think OSU will win, pains me to say that! At least Michigan will finish the season ranked 2nd then. Big 10, number 1 and number 2 in the country when all is said in done. Thats not to bad really.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 12-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
VertigoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: I'm never alone (I'm alone all the time)
Posts: 9,860
Local Time: 01:43 AM
I had no TV access today so I'm just finding this stuff out.

very interested to see what happens.
__________________
VertigoGal is offline  
Old 12-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #329
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 01:43 AM
If they had a playoff system, none of this would be a problem now.

It should be Michigan - Ohio State.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 12-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Mr. BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Life's too short to drink cheap wine!
Posts: 12,336
Local Time: 11:43 PM
I'm not as disappointed in USC today as I was last night..as soon as I realized they are 10-3 going back to last January's national title game with Texas...3 losses in 06'.

*come on, bear with me, I'm trying to ease the pain....
__________________

__________________
Mr. BAW is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com