College Football 2006-2007 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #301
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Looks like #4 Florida struggled with FSU; will they lose style points???

Old 11-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Well, this is what I have heard (probably mostly rumor). Its between USC and Michigan, period. USC wins out, they go. USC loses, Michigan goes. Arkansas losing basically hurt the Gators because they wont get a enough points even if they beat them. From people roughly figuring it out, even if the pollsters voted them number two, they are to far behind Michigan to overtake them. I think it will be academic though because I think USC will probably win out. I think they will definately beat ND. What I would be concerned about if I was a USC fan is the Bruins. USC will be coming off a huge game, then playing an arch rival who has their starting QB back. That could get interesting.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

What I would be concerned about if I was a USC fan is the Bruins. USC will be coming off a huge game, then playing an arch rival who has their starting QB back. That could get interesting.
Well...

I agree emotion plays a big role in college football. But last year's UCLA-USC game was the biggest, most hyped-up UCLA game in years. UCLA was 9-1 entering the game. They ended up losing 66-19.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #304
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:
If there is a God . . .
Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
The computers don't care about style or margin of victory.

The voters in the human polls might, but Florida still has to be #4 with Arkansas losing. So I don't think anything will happen to them.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Well...

I agree emotion plays a big role in college football. But last year's UCLA-USC game was the biggest, most hyped-up UCLA game in years. UCLA was 9-1 entering the game. They ended up losing 66-19.
Exactly, USC didnt take them lightly as a result. Last I checked this isnt last year. Neither team is anywhere near the same as last year. Appears USC will be coming off a blowout win over ND. I can see them looking past the Bruins to the title game and it will be after 3 big games in a row. I dont care how good of a team you are, playing that kind of schedule has an effect when its back to back to back. USC will probably beat UCLA. My point is, that they should probably be more concerned about UCLA than ND.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #307
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
They shouldn't have given Florida State a chance.

There's no way Florida is a National Title contender over USC or Michigan, no doubt.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:40 AM   #308
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Exactly, USC didnt take them lightly as a result. Last I checked this isnt last year. Neither team is anywhere near the same as last year. Appears USC will be coming off a blowout win over ND. I can see them looking past the Bruins to the title game and it will be after 3 big games in a row. I dont care how good of a team you are, playing that kind of schedule has an effect when its back to back to back. USC will probably beat UCLA. My point is, that they should probably be more concerned about UCLA than ND.
The Trojan's motto has been one game at a time; next week's game is not so much heading into the Big One but more a game of city pride as to who reigns over LA, they will NOT let UCLA stand in their way.

USC will run the table, against all odds and even my faith that they could; I had doubts that they'd get by CA but they did and they continue to steamroll...it will be a tremendous game against OSU....
Old 11-26-2006, 12:49 AM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

The Trojan's motto has been one game at a time; next week's game is not so much heading into the Big One but more a game of city pride as to who reigns over LA, they will NOT let UCLA stand in their way.

USC will run the table, against all odds and even my faith that they could; I had doubts that they'd get by CA but they did and they continue to steamroll...it will be a tremendous game against OSU....
See, you are already overlooking the Bruins!!

Like I said, I think USC will beat UCLA. I just saw/see it as a more competitive game than ND. I said that before USC blew out ND tonight. Michigan crushed ND at their place. I knew they were not that great and that USC would beat them on their home field. I'm just saying, a few turnovers at the wrong time and things can go bad quickly. Its why they play the game and dont just say USC wins on paper, lets not play it.

What stinks is they are talking about a Michigan/ND rematch. That stinks, now I know how the Buckeyes felt with the prospect of a Michigan rematch. (If Michigan had won it, I would have felt the same way as the Bucks do about it). Lets play someone new, like LSU. I think Michigan has more of a shot at losing to LSU than ND and I would still rather play LSU.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

See, you are already overlooking the Bruins!!

Like I said, I think USC will beat UCLA. I just saw/see it as a more competitive game than ND. I said that before USC blew out ND tonight. Michigan crushed ND at their place. I knew they were not that great and that USC would beat them on their home field. I'm just saying, a few turnovers at the wrong time and things can go bad quickly. Its why they play the game and dont just say USC wins on paper, lets not play it.
As a Michigan native and a UCLA employee, I'd love nothing more than to see the Bruins take down USC. I just can't see USC being anything less than 100% focused on this game. They know that they have zero margin for error if they want to qualify for the championship game.

Quote:

What stinks is they are talking about a Michigan/ND rematch. That stinks, now I know how the Buckeyes felt with the prospect of a Michigan rematch. (If Michigan had won it, I would have felt the same way as the Bucks do about it). Lets play someone new, like LSU. I think Michigan has more of a shot at losing to LSU than ND and I would still rather play LSU.
Hey, the only thing better than beating Notre Dame once is beating Notre Dame twice.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #311
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
I just can't see USC being anything less than 100% focused on this game. They know that they have zero margin for error if they want to qualify for the championship game.
Dear Blue Room, this is what I wanted to say....I must've written mine in Spanish...

I've got a friend who joined interference; best friend from elementary school...he is
BrU2in...but for some reason, he won't post..although we sure argue over the phone about 'SC...

Funny thing is, I'm a devoted SC football fan, devoted UCLA basketball fan...(yes, since the beginning...!) and since I live 1/2 mile from center field, I'm a diehard CA State Fullerton baseball fan!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Dear Blue Room, this is what I wanted to say....I must've written mine in Spanish...

I've got a friend who joined interference; best friend from elementary school...he is
BrU2in...but for some reason, he won't post..although we sure argue over the phone about 'SC...

Funny thing is, I'm a devoted SC football fan, devoted UCLA basketball fan...(yes, since the beginning...!) and since I live 1/2 mile from center field, I'm a diehard CA State Fullerton baseball fan!
I understood what you were saying. But every major college team having any type of great season says the same things. USC is no different. They are human beings and despite what they may say they still are thinking about that championship game.

I'm not saying UCLA will beat USC. Like I said before a couple of times I think/thought USC would run the table and get in. What I'm saying or think is that their more difficult game between ND and UCLA would probably be UCLA, thats all. I think it will be a more competitive game than the ND game. I could be completely wrong. But I knew ND was one of the most overrated top 10 teams off all time (right behind Rutgers a few weeks ago! ). The two really good teams ND played this year crushed them. UCLA should have beaten them also, at ND. Michigan State, bottom feeder of the Big 10, had them beat as well. The only thing ND wins this year is the commander and chief trophy!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

UCLA 31, USC 26.
Remember where you heard it first.
That coupled with Arkansas pounding Florida in the SEC CG will cement the rematch with zero controversy.
Stupid Rutgers, had they not had the letdown at Cincy, and these 2 predictions were to come true, they'd have had a shot at OSU by beating WV saturday, really fouling the BCS up and getting us no closer to ever having a playoff anyway.

I say let Boise play OSU.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

uh oh...

4 point lead, 8 minutes left....

great game
Old 12-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #315
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:09 AM
Florida's winning against Arkansas 10 - 0 in the 2nd quarter.

edit: Um, make that 17 - 7 .

So if USC loses and Florida wins, does that mean we have to listen to Urban Meyer whine that Florida deserves to be in the title game more than Michigan?

edit # 2: Well, scratch the first part of the if - sorry Mr. BAW