College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Very pleased with last night's performance even when it was a game in the first-half....

usc-spts-logo-left-thumb.gif

I think it's great that SC has scored a combined 120 points on those Nutthouse Arkansas pigs in the past two games. Those weren't even good games like your Au-buhn series was a few years ago.

This is where I was last Saturday, and where I will be tomorrow:

USVOIQXSNMVYZVT.20060903061402.JPG

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
As for the Texas-Ohio State game, I'm rooting for Texas, because every week I root for Penn State and whoever's playing Ohio State :wink:

U2Bama said:

I think it's great that SC has scored a combined 120 points on those Nutthouse Arkansas pigs in the past two games.
~U2Alabama
One of our local kids, Jimmy Barnes, is a freshman QB for the Tide; although his stats indicate he's from Los Alamitos, that's where his dad was the coach; Jimmy and our youngest were always teamed on soccer, little league and basketball teams here in Placentia...If Jimmy gets a chance, he'll be a good one, he's just slow...:up:

starsgoblue said:
Who else here thinks OSU is going to kick Texas ass? :hyper:

I dont think they will kick their ass. But I do think they will win. This is coming from a Michigan fan so you know it was hard for me to say that. :laugh:

U2Bama said:

I think it's great that SC has scored a combined 120 points on those Nutthouse Arkansas pigs in the past two games. Those weren't even good games like your Au-buhn series was a few years ago.

This is where I was last Saturday, and where I will be tomorrow:

USVOIQXSNMVYZVT.20060903061402.JPG

~U2Alabama

War Eagle! :wink:

Sorry, couldnt resist. I lived in Birmingham for awhile and followed Auburn when I lived there.

Mr. BAW said:
One of our local kids, Jimmy Barnes, is a freshman QB for the Tide; although his stats indicate he's from Los Alamitos, that's where his dad was the coach; Jimmy and our youngest were always teamed on soccer, little league and basketball teams here in Placentia...If Jimmy gets a chance, he'll be a good one, he's just slow

I think I remember you mentioning him to me when he first came to Tuscaloosa. I would say he may get a chance to play against next week's cupcake, Louisiana-Monroe, but judging from the way we have played these first two cupcakes (Hawaii & Vanderbilt), we may have to keep starting QB John Parker Wilson in the whole game (yes, the older brother of Ross Wilson, Hoover High's QB on Mtv's Two-A-Days). We have held off late drives this week and last week with final second interceptions to keep our opponents from tying or pulling ahead. Perhaps Barnes will see some action against Duke or FAU; we'll see.

~U2Alabama

Blue Room said:

War Eagle! :wink:

Sorry, couldnt resist. I lived in Birmingham for awhile and followed Auburn when I lived there.

I'm used to it; I'm married to one of them.

Funny thing happened today, though. Au-buhn played Mess State in Starkville, about 90 minutes west of Tuscaloosa, at 11:30. Alabama kicked off at 2:30. When our game was over and we were walking across the Quad back to our tailgating spot around 5:30, we noticed all of these Au-buhn fans dressed in their full game day gear. It seems that they had stopped off in Tuscaloosa to tailgate and visit with their Alabama friends on their way back home. After going to the Alabama-Mess State game in Starkville last year, I can't blame them. Tailgating is pretty much nonexistent in Starkville compared to the extravagance in Tuscaloosa or Au-buhn. I even saw some geeky looking college kid over there carrying two bags of ice and a circuit board.

~U2Alabama

I would like to think that 62-0 would count as just that

GAH we're number 23 now....how did that happen?! I don't understand college football at all :sigh:

U2Bama said:

I'm used to it; I'm married to one of them.

~U2Alabama

I actually dont hate Bama. But as you know, you move to Alabama you HAVE to pick sides, there is no neutral. My Dad knew Pat Sullivan (QB for Auburn that won the Heisman) so we were introduced to Auburn that way. So we followed them instead. :shrug: I am and always have been a Michigan fan first though.

Its amazing to look at your stadium now. I actually played in that stadium in high school. It didnt look like that though at the time. It only had an upper deck on one side then.

Last night, I wished Vince had stayed more than ever before.

Regardless, there's no shame in losing to the best team, which Ohio State clearly is. It's just too big of a stage for poor Colt to make his second college start of his life. His inexperience was painfully obvious last night. Still, I think had he not fumbled on the 1, the game could have been much much different.

Props to OSU and Buckeyes fans. The majority that were scampering about Austin this weekend were civil, so I've got no complaints. It helps a bit to know that we can still make a BCS bowl, but I obviously would have loved a different result last night.

starsgoblue said:

I love being an OSU student! :hyper:

Firefighters say some 30 fires (mostly couches and mattresses) were set on the Columbus, Ohio campus during the night. A columbus firefighter, and an OSU official and her husband were hit by a car when a student drove through a temporary command post set up at the student union. All three were treated for minor injuries. At least 17 people were arrested, five of them for arson.

:tsk:

classy

inmyplace13 said:
I think had he not fumbled on the 1, the game could have been much much different.

Edit: By he I meant Billy Pittman.

Shall be interesting to see if Michigan starting the season against cupcakes Vandy and Central Michigan affects their preparedness for the Irish Saturday.

No good comes from starting the season against weak foes to improve your top 25 ranking while your opponent plays tough competition.

I think Nebraska will also find this out Saturday against USC.

Hewson said:
Shall be interesting to see if Michigan starting the season against cupcakes Vandy and Central Michigan affects their preparedness for the Irish Saturday.

No good comes from starting the season against weak foes to improve your top 25 ranking while your opponent plays tough competition.

I think Nebraska will also find this out Saturday against USC.

Sure good comes from it. Typically less injuries and you dont have to show your entire playbook to the opposition for them to study immediately and you get game experience. Also, with parity the way it is now in college football all teams are tougher. Vandy gave Bama a game this weekend and Central Michigan almost beat Boston College.

You act like Michigan is the only team doing that type of scheduling. Maybe Notre Dame didnt start the season with cupcakes, but look at the middle section of their schedule. The service academy tour, ridiculous. Also, technically Notre Dame is part of U of M's non conference schedule. They dont have to even schedule an opponent of their caliber if they didnt want to, yet they did. Also next year they play both Notre Dame and Oregon in the non conference. Is that a bunch of patsies? When Notre Dame is ready to join a conference, then come talk to me about how the non conference schedule is weak.

Personally I dont think any Big 10 team should schedule ND. If they want to play us, join the conference. Otherwise there is no benefit for the Big 10 to play them other than increasing ND's revenue.

Last edited:
Actually all 3 service Academies will be decent competition this season (Ask the Vols about Air Force).

And I mentioned Michigan specifically (also Nebraska) cause they are in the highest profile game this weekend, but to me may be at a disadvantage cause their players haven't faced the caliber of opposition yet that they'll face, whereas ND has played a top notch opponent (Penn St) and a mid level opponent from a top conference (GT). Clearly stiffer competition than a "mid major" (Central Mich) and the bottom feeder of the SEC (Vandy).

It just seems that if a school is serious about a run at the national title, they should avoid these gimme games(certainly avoid more than one) at the begining of the season and face strong competition to become battle tested.

Hewson said:
Actually all 3 service Academies will be decent competition this season (Ask the Vols about Air Force).

And I mentioned Michigan specifically (also Nebraska) cause they are in the highest profile game this weekend, but to me may be at a disadvantage cause their players haven't faced the caliber of opposition yet that they'll face, whereas ND has played a top notch opponent (Penn St) and a mid level opponent from a top conference (GT). Clearly stiffer competition than a "mid major" (Central Mich) and the bottom feeder of the SEC (Vandy).

It just seems that if a school is serious about a run at the national title, they should avoid these gimme games(certainly avoid more than one) at the begining of the season and face strong competition to become battle tested.

Sorry, Navy and Army are not top caliber teams at all this year and look at the rest of their schedule after Michigan State (other than USC), all under your definition, patsy games. Air Force is mediocre at best. Who is to say Penn State is a top notch opponent either. At this point in the season nobody knows along with most other teams. What if Penn State goes 5-7? Did ND really go out on a limb? The verdict is still out on Penn State, they lost alot of key players from last years team. Like I said, if you really pay attention to who Michigan played and how those teams have done so far against good competition your argument is just off. Also, if you want to win a national title you DO have to play some lesser opponents. You name one national champion in the last 20 years that have even played over 50% of their games against all ranked opponents. I dont think you will find one and if you do they are few and far between. EVERY single major university plays its share of games they should win easily.

Really, the smart move is to play the lesser opponents at the beginning of the season when you are still tuning up to game speed.

Back
Top Bottom