College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OSU is playing some of the worst zone defense I have ever seen. These guys are literally dropping back into space and standing around watching the Florida QB as the receivers run by them.

^don't you root for the big 10 though? I root for Michigan unless they're playing OSU. :shrug:

and yes their defense has been pitiful as much as it hurts me to say it but we need to keep whatever little momentum we've got now and get in the game.

:crack:

kellyahern said:
I haven't seen Florida play this well all year :huh:.

Crap :| .

You know things are going right for them when their kicker nails a field goal.

this sport needs a playoff big time. based on what we've seen to date, the final should be between Florida and USC

I BELIEEEEVE THAT MY HEART WILL GO ONNNNNNN

Nice halftime show, Bucks. Wow, I hate Ohio State even more now.

Hook em, Gators.

toscano said:
this sport needs a playoff big time. based on what we've seen to date, the final should be between Florida and USC

Boise State and Florida.

That's your playoff game.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Boise State and Florida.

That's your playoff game.

Boise barely beat an Oklahoma team who really didn't beat anyone and lost to Oregon and Texas.

The fact that we're having the discussion and there is debate shows we need a playoff system.

Man, Urban Meyer's bitching really did pay off I guess.

As much as I hate to say it, Florida deserves to win, good for them.

:up:

The Gator bandwagon is way past full though, atleast in my area.

deep said:
i haven't seen faces

like the ohio fans

since 911

I live in Columbus, close to campus. Tonight I took a nap and woke up a little before 11. It was eerily quiet and I couldn't help thinking "this does not bode well for OSU fans." :ohmy:

I'm happy for Florida, they deserve it, good for them.

Incredibly incredibly disappointing for Ohio State fans, no excuses or anything they were just completely shut down like I haven't seen all season and Florida played really well. They still had a great year and Troy Smith played some great games.

Still sad though.

And honestly the conference system really is fucked up, tradition or not...

Oh and speaking of conferences, whatever happened to rooting within the conference unless you're actually playing them? :angry:

:sigh:

VertigoGal said:

Oh and speaking of conferences, whatever happened to rooting within the conference unless you're actually playing them? :angry:

:sigh:

Even many, many years ago when I actually did watch football a bit (I was about your age) I never cheered for a team unless I actually liked that team. Cheering for an opponent always seemed too much like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and that kind of thinking never did much for me.

I've been brainwashed into the support your conference thinking (although I do, technically live in Georgia but that's besides the point). After hearing that 0-8 vs. SEC stat tossed around though, I'm really starting to feel like the system is beyond fucked. I guess everyone knows that anyway, but :shrug:

Can I also just say that Troy Smith is consistently one of the classiest guys I've ever seen speak.

I have some relatives who are in Glendale at the moment who aren't too happy. :uhoh:

Congrats to Florida again.
:(

THE GATORS WON!!!!!!!!!! WE WON!!!! I JUST GOT HOME FROM MY FRIENDS HOUSE WE HAD A PARTY!! AND TOMORROW IS MY FRIST DAY BACK AT SCHOOL FROM BREAK HAHAHAHA. GOOOO GATORS!! GATOR BAIT. GATOR BAIT.!!!

VertigoGal said:
I've been brainwashed into the support your conference thinking ]

I agree with you. Your team looks better if your conference looks better. It's a pride thing.

I grew up in NYC, where college football is basically something you bet on....

I've now lived in LA for almost 10 years, and, while LA sports fans are not exactly the most passionate bunch, they are pretty passionate about College Football. And, I pretty much know this....when USC plays a bowl game, UCLA fans are most definitely not rooting for USC to win, Pac-10 pride be damned. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, but overall, the alumni and fans of each school simply do not root for the other...not saying it is right or wrong, that's just how it is here. Cannot imagine Tar Heel fans rooting for Duke in March so the ACC can look good, etc....

Agreed about Troy Smith...great kid, great story, I hope he haas himself a good NFL career...congrats Florida.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
good to see how much michagin got "screwed"

i reeeeally hope florida beats ohio state just to fuck with the "experts" even more.

kellyahern said:
Ohio State will destroy Florida.

:love::love:

i love it.

i absolutely love it.

i do think, however, that the national championship game should have been michigan vs. ohio state. with two crappy teams in there, maybe the games would have been close.

really now... michigan gets blown out by USC, ohio state gets stomped by florida... is there any conference in all of college sports more over-rated than the Big Ten? in all sports? heck, florida even beat the shit out of ohio state in basketball.

the big ten just plain sucks. yet another reason why we need a playoff system in college football, to expose these crappy conferences for what they really are. it was a so called travesty that ohio state and michigan didn't have a rematch in the bcs title game. now it seems as if it was a travesty that either team was even mentioned. usc vs. florida would have been a much better matchup.

get a playoff, end the bullshit.

and lastly... everyone who won BIG on florida tonight say heyyyyyy :dance::dance::hyper::wink:

^I do agree with you to some extent even though it hurts to say it. But I think you're overstating it. Even if Florida is a better team, Ohio State played some brilliant games this year that looked nothing like tonight at all and you can't just singularly trace it to the conferences, I don't buy that.

someone please remind me again of all the rea$on$ there's no playoff, because even if it wouldn't have necessarily helped my team out a ton the whole BCS is kind of a joke.

Chizip said:
congrats to Boise St on their championship

Seriously though, the voters in the AP poll have no obligation to vote the BCS winner #1. I imagine Boise State will get 5-10 first place votes.

really now... michigan gets blown out by USC, ohio state gets stomped by florida... is there any conference in all of college sports more over-rated than the Big Ten? in all sports? heck, florida even beat the shit out of ohio state in basketball.

the big ten just plain sucks.
The discussion of dropping the Big east out of the BCS after the ACC defections should stop now that the Big East was 5-0 in bowls, however, I'm all for dropping the Big 10 out of the BCS...joke of a "power" conference.

and lastly... everyone who won BIG on florida tonight say heyyyyyy :dance::dance::hyper::wink:
heyyyyy

speedracer said:

Seriously though, the voters in the AP poll have no obligation to vote the BCS winner #1. I imagine Boise State will get 5-10 first place votes.
They got 1, just as I promised last week:

Hewson said:

If Florida wins, obviously they'll end up #1, though my vote will go to Boise St., with FL 2 and Louisville 3, Ohio State 4 and Wisconsin at 5...but don't say anything, I'm not supposed to decide my votes before the games are played.

Back
Top Bottom