College Football 2006-2007 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Well things went nicely for RU Saturday, the lone exception being South Carolina's kicking woes costing them the upset of Fla.

But if they win out (still a huge if, they face a possible letdown scenario this week vs Cinn and real difficult game 12/2 at W. VA), they may actually get to the title game. The computer actually has them at #2 (higher than Ohio State, Mich is #1 in Computer Rankings) and a win at West VA will only help them.

There are 5 teams ahead of them in the BCS standings, 4 of them square off before season's end, guaranteeing 2 teams above them will lose. They still need help, but basically if they win out, hope for Cal to beat USC, then USC to beat ND, and FSU to shock FLA (this year it'd be a shock), ARK to lose to LSU or lose the SEC title game and finally the OSU/Mich game needs to be a route so there is no talk of a rematch.

Still a longshot, but much closer to reality than it was a few days ago.
It would set the BCS on its ear...lets hope.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #197
Blue Crack Distributor

rutgers could be the best thing to ever happen to college football...

if rutgere somehow gets into the national championship game against, say ohio state... and they proceed to get their asses completely handed to them... it could actually help the prospects of a playoff system.

there is no playoff because all the NCAA and the schools and the corporations care about is money from bowl games. but if a smaller school gets in, ratings are low, and the game is a blowout while michigan or notre dame or usc looks dominating in their respective bowl games...

no one in the BCS is going to shed a tear for Rutgers if they don't get into the title game... but they will shed a tear if the computer puts htem in, they get killed, the ratings get killed, and their wallets get killed.

then one of two things happen... they devise a playoff system, or they just tweek the computer again so that strength of schedule weighs heavier... they'll probably do choice B, but a man can dream.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #198
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Well, I'm going to go ahead and say I was irrational the past few days. Apologies for that.

Yes, the pass defense is atrocious and teams like that should never score in the 40's. I'll agree with that. I do think that Colt would have at least helped Texas outscore K State. He wouldn't have got sacked all those times, most likely, because he's actually got pocket presence. He also wouldn't be throwing over receivers' heads on 3rd and long.

Fiesta Bowl or bust.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Maybe Colbert can help when he comes for Homecoming?

There's a job opening now . . .

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6170532
Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #200
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

There's a job opening now . . .

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6170532

I wonder if there are celebrations in the streets of Tallahassee today?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #201
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I wonder if there are celebrations in the streets of Tallahassee today?

I wonder if someone took Jeff aside and said, "Look, either you go or you and your dad go."? Or maybe Jeff realized it on his own.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #202
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:03 PM
I think it was the former.

Jeffy no learn very fast.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

there is no playoff because all the NCAA and the schools and the corporations care about is money from bowl games. but if a smaller school gets in, ratings are low, and the game is a blowout while michigan or notre dame or usc looks dominating in their respective bowl games...
You're right, that is part of it. But thats not all of it. The other part is the smaller to mid range schools don't really want it either. Michigan ran into something similiar this past year when the 12th game was added. Michigan's AD proposed that all the Big 10 teams play each other. Makes sense, then there is a true Big 10 champ. (IE we would have seen Ohio State play Wisconsin, would have been interesting this year) The mid range to lower end Big 10 teams wanted no part of it. The reason? Because they wanted to be able to schedule some patsies to build their record so they could get to a bowl game. You go to a playoff system, you will have 16 teams most likely at the most making it. The new measuring stick for success would be getting into the playoff. Sort of like getting into the tournament is in College basketball now. Difference being only 16 would make it. Makes it alot harder to make the alumni happy.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 PM   #204
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

My team is Michigan and I didnt go to school there either. But I grew up in Ann Arbor and my family has had season tickets since the 60's (we even kept them when we lived out of state). So I can understand your perspective as I grew up a Michigan fan.

We have Oregon coming in next year. I'm not looking forward to that one either. Just make sure you guys beat Notre Dame this year! I'm not sure about Michigan yet, defense looks good, but they were playing Vandy so its hard to say.
I lived in A2 and whent to school there for 8 years. I bleed blue thru and thru. It looks like the rest of the U.S. feels we won't win. I hope we show them.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman

I lived in A2 and whent to school there for 8 years. I bleed blue thru and thru. It looks like the rest of the U.S. feels we won't win. I hope we show them.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!
I think thats actually perfect. When Michigan goes in as an underdog and no one thinks they can win, they typically play very well. Remember the ND game this year? Everyone was hailing Charlie Weis as the 2nd coming and Michigan might as well not show up. OSU is obviously a better team than ND, but I like Michigan's chances. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched, so its anyones game. Probably will come down to a few breaks, whoever gets them or the most, wins.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #206
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

I think thats actually perfect. When Michigan goes in as an underdog and no one thinks they can win, they typically play very well. Remember the ND game this year? Everyone was hailing Charlie Weis as the 2nd coming and Michigan might as well not show up. OSU is obviously a better team than ND, but I like Michigan's chances. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched, so its anyones game. Probably will come down to a few breaks, whoever gets them or the most, wins.
There are two games a year that Michigan plays that it really doesn't matter who is the "better" team in my opinion. That is Michigan State and OSU. What happens before those games for those teams doesn't matter. It is a whole new season when those games are played. I love it to when others doubt UofM because they just play harder. Sorry for the language but "FUCK OSU!!!!" I hate them and I hope we win.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #207
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman

There are two games a year that Michigan plays that it really doesn't matter who is the "better" team in my opinion. That is Michigan State and OSU. What happens before those games for those teams doesn't matter. It is a whole new season when those games are played. I love it to when others doubt UofM because they just play harder. Sorry for the language but "FUCK OSU!!!!" I hate them and I hope we win.

OSU does not need doubters to have them play harder. They play hard EVERY game. If tsun needs that motivation, so be it.

One thing that is for certain is that Coach Tressel will have his team ready this Saturday. Hope LLLLoyd does the same.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

OSU 31
Mich 13
Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 AM   #209
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
OSU 31
Mich 13
Wow! I like how you think but do you believe OSU will score any defense or special teams touchdowns to get to 31?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Ted Ginn Jr Punt return for TD in the first quarter.
Takes the wind right out of the Maize and Blue sails.