College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope Boise ends up ranked #2 behind OSU (assuming OSU Beats FL), they deserve at least that much for what they just provided the sports world.

They might have provided one helluva title game vs OSU if given the chance.

This is the first season I've ever watched college football - ever. The first game I ever watched was the Rose Bowl last year, at a nightclub. All the girls were on the dance floor but every guy in the place was gathered around the TV's in the lounge! :laugh:

I've been mostly spending this year quietly trying to figure out the game (so many teams and conferences and bowls to wrap your head around :huh: ) and rooting for teams one game at a time. I figure eventually I'll pick a school I like over the next couple of seasons.

That being said, I'm rooting for Louisville, LSU, and Florida in the Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Championship.

This sport is addictive :up:

Loyal USC fan I am, I missed most of the game as I spent the afternoon on a La Quinta golf course; I managed to catch the 4th quarter, that was enough for me....:up:

We're #3, We're #3, We're #3...

10126_big.jpg

Last edited:
If OSU is #1, and Florida is #2, then Boise St is #3 ;)

Though, after OSU beats Florida, it probably should be OSU, Boise St, USC, Florida, Michigan

Chizip said:
If OSU is #1, and Florida is #2, then Boise St is #3 ;)

Though, after OSU beats Florida, it probably should be OSU, Boise St, USC, Florida, Michigan
Well, if Louisville went into last night at #5, they ain't dropping.

Assuming an LSU win tonight and an OSU win next Monday, your top 5 should be:
1. OSU
2. Boise St
3. Louisville
4. Wisconsin
5. USC

6-10 would be:

6. LSU
7. Florida (unless they get annihilated)
8. Michigan
9. Auburn
10. West Virginia

If Florida wins, obviously they'll end up #1, though my vote will go to Boise St., with FL 2 and Louisville 3, Ohio State 4 and Wisconsin at 5...but don't say anything, I'm not supposed to decide my votes before the games are played.

Mr. BAW said:
Loyal USC fan I am, I missed most of the game as I spent the afternoon on a La Quinta golf course; I managed to catch the 4th quarter, that was enough for me....:up:

We're #3, We're #3, We're #3...

10126_big.jpg

You whooped us. Congrats. I hate how we played. But you guys took it right to us and we decided to make no adjustments.

Does anyone else thing Lloyd Carr is moving in the direction of being in a bit of trouble? I don't think his job is in jeopary yet, but we have to beat Ohio State or a big bowl game sometime soon...or he might be. just my 2 cents.

Death, taxes, and Notre Dame losing bowl games.

Wow, that was a brutal game. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if ND played an SEC type schedule.

Got Philk? said:

You whooped us. Congrats. I hate how we played. But you guys took it right to us and we decided to make no adjustments.

Does anyone else thing Lloyd Carr is moving in the direction of being in a bit of trouble? I don't think his job is in jeopary yet, but we have to beat Ohio State or a big bowl game sometime soon...or he might be. just my 2 cents.

Money shot from USC DE Lawrence Jackson:

Michigan is a traditional offense and they don't hide what they do. They don't try to out-think you. They rely on their players being better than yours, and ours were better.

The thing that really upsets me about Lloyd Carr and the Michigan coaches is that they are capable of outthinking their opponents -- I remember very well the 1998 Rose Bowl, when they completely surprised Washington State and the rest of the universe by having Brian Griese throw deep and often. But against USC, just as in so many losses over the years, Michigan had no answer to a defense that geared up to stop the run and an offense that spread the field and threw downfield often. It seems like when things aren't going well for Michigan, the coaches' solution is to tell the players to try harder.

I think it's very likely that Lloyd Carr will retire instead of getting fired, but Michigan needs to think long and hard about bringing in a more imaginative and cerebral coach, most likely someone from outside the current program.

Last edited:
Is there any doubt the college football postseason is the most assinine thing in all of sports?

Chizip said:
tell me again what has Notre
Dame done to deserve a BCS game?

some things you just need to accept as is.

it's notre dame. if they're alive, they'll get coverage. it's not fair. it's not right. it just is, and it isn't gonna change in our lifetimes.

just as you're assured that the first time the yankees and red sox play each other this year... it will be the lead story on sportscenter, regardless of wether or not you or i give a shit. if it gets ratings, it will be there till it doesn't.

Chizip said:
Is there any doubt the college football postseason is the most assinine thing in all of sports?

none whatsoever. which is why i only look at the sport for betting reasons and can't get in to it in any way other than that. it's a complete joke of a system.

let me figure this out... the claim to why there isn't a playoff is because they don't want to keep kids out of class, yet the playoff would take place in late december/early january, when the average college student isn't in class to begin with... but on top of it, we're gonna have three two full weeks between the first bowl and the national championship game, yet we can't have a two round playoff system 'cause it would take up too much time.

it's a crock of shit, it's a joke, and the entire sport is a joke, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2722825

USC kicker Danelo found dead at bottom of cliff

ESPN.com news services

Mario Danelo, a kicker for the USC football team, was found dead Saturday in San Pedro, Calif.

Danelo's body was found at the bottom of White Point Cliff in San Pedro, according for a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department. Police did not release further details.

Danelo, a redshirt junior, walked on with the Trojans in 2003 and earned a scholarship in 2005, according to the USC athletic department's Web site.

He was 15-for-16 on field goals this season and made 44 of 48 PATs, leading the team in scoring with 89 points.

Danelo is the son of former NFL kicker Joe Danelo.

So here's the skinny, I'm in a bowl games pool...43 entrants, 20 bucks a piece, pick every game (against the point spread), varying point values per game starting with 3 for the first 5 games, culminating with 10 points tonight.

Current standings:
1st place: Some guy we don't want to win: 102 Points
2nd place: Everyone's best friend, Hewson: 97 points.

Some guy we don't want to win has OSU laying 7.5
Hewson has Florida getting 7.5.

Gators cover (who gives a rats ass who wins) and I win the pool.
If OSU covers, I drop to 3rd place (and probably a $50 booby prize)

Go Gators

Headache in a Suitcase said:

let me figure this out... the claim to why there isn't a playoff is because they don't want to keep kids out of class, yet the playoff would take place in late december/early january, when the average college student isn't in class to begin with... but on top of it, we're gonna have three two full weeks between the first bowl and the national championship game, yet we can't have a two round playoff system 'cause it would take up too much time.

it's a crock of shit, it's a joke, and the entire sport is a joke, too.

I can't believe the last bowl game hasn't even been played yet. Unbelievable.

52 days between OSU's final regular season game and the Championship game. That's almost 2 months between games! Just absolutely ridiculous.

kellyahern said:
I wish I could support you Hewson, but as a FSU graduate I'm contractually obligated to hope that Florida gets destroyed by OSU - if I don't, they take back my diploma.

:up:

I'm an Ohio State fan today too.

Almost my entire school was blue and orange, it looked like vomit.

Back
Top Bottom