College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
last January's national title game with Texas

:drool:

In unrelated news, we got the Alamo Bowl against Iowa. Even though I'll be back in Dallas for winter break, I think I'll road trip it to San Antonio for the game.

Well, I guess its been leaked. Florida is going to the title game.

I have to say I'm not surprised. But wow, I saw Florida's coach on ESPN almost begging to be put in the title game. That was pathetic. If you really think your team is that good, you shouldnt have to BEG or campaign to get them in there. Disgusting. It almost makes me want to root for the Buckeyes.

kellyahern said:
Ohio State will destroy Florida.

Probably.

I just hope Michigan doesnt go out to the Rose Bowl disappointed now and play flat. They play flat against USC, they will lose. I wish USC had won now. I could handle them in the title game. Florida though, I just dont think they are that great of a team. They are alright, but I think the best team in the SEC at the end of the year was LSU. If South Carolina had decent special teams we wouldnt even be talking about them being in there.

Blue Room said:

Florida though, I just dont think they are that great of a team. They are alright, but I think the best team in the SEC at the end of the year was LSU. If South Carolina had decent special teams we wouldnt even be talking about them being in there.

:yes: That's what I was saying yesterday about Florida having a tendency to make sloppy mistakes. C'mon, Chris Leak vs. Troy Smith at QB? USC and Michigan are better teams, but those are the breaks I guess :shrug:.

Yeah, its the breaks. The BCS is a joke because this isnt about putting the best two teams in the title game. Its about the media not wanting a rematch. I figured it would work out this way, but I'm a tad disappointed about it. Like someone else said, if we just had a 4 team playoff none of this would matter.

I'm done venting about it. I stay the hell away from the Michigan message boards. I bet it is UGLY. :laugh: Oh well, Michigan still had a great year and its their own fault for not taking care of business in Columbus. I just hope they finish strong so they can end up being at least #2 which is what they deserve at a minimum.

I honestly don't think I'm excited about any of these BCS matchups, and I'm not just saying that because Texas isn't in the mix.

Michigan/USC is a toss up
blOU over Boise State
Louisville over Wake
LSU over ND
OSU over UF

Michigan/USC will be the best game of the bunch.

why does ND get a BCS bid? because theyve been severly overhyped again?

Chizip said:
why does ND get a BCS bid? because theyve been severly overhyped again?

ncf_touchdownjesus_275.jpg

If Michigan gives USC a thumpin' and the Gators win by a slim margin or by a bullshit call, I bet there will be a split national championship.

Agree that the matchups in the BCS are pretty crappy - and the tv ratings will show it.

I love that LSU fans went out and bought 37,000 Rose Bowl tickets when word leaked earlier this week that they were Pasadena bound - whoops. :laugh: :laugh:

Blue Room said:
Its going to be Florida in the title game. The media has suddenly jumped on their band wagon tonight after totally dismissing them last week. That is why its a complete joke. They arent going to vote FL in there because they are the 2nd best team now. They are going to vote them in there because they dont want the rematch. After USC lost, Michigan is clearly the number 2 team in the country (I thought they were before USC lost, but I'm a tad bias :wink: ).

Being a Michigan fan I cant say it bugs me tremendously though. Like I have said many times. Michigan had their shot to control their destiny and blew it. On to the Rose Bowl to take on the Trojans. Should be a good game. USC has the advantage already. Shorter lay off between games and it will pretty much be a home game for them. :wink:

Hewson, great call! I thought the USC/UCLA game would be close, but I didnt think UCLA would actually beat USC.
Unfortunately what probably hurt Michigan the most is the fact that they were idle for the past 2 weeks, which is ridiculous. (ridiculous that voters changed their opinion of them because they weren't playing) But "out of sight, out of mind" comes into play. Florida plays FSU and Arkansas while Michigan sits home and voters say, "Florida is a good team with quality wins" and forgetting Michigan's resume.

There needs to be some consistency in scheduling. If The Mich/OSU game was last week and not 2 weeks ago the voting might have been different.

I can see an argument for either side, Florida played a pretty difficult schedule, though scheduling Western Carolina on Nov. 18 is a joke.

But lets face it, a playoff is the only real way to go.

16 teams starting with this past weekend or even next weekend, using the major bowls for semis and finals could schedule in easily. Everyone play an 11 game schedule, finish by Thanksgiving.

Smaller bowls still get played with the 17th thru 64th ranked teams.

Hell divison 1-AA can do it (Go UMass!) as can divison II and III.

The Rose Bowl looks like the best matchup on paper, should be a great game.
Sugar Bowl is happy to have ND for reatings, but LSU is gonna stomp them so viewers will be gone by halftime.

Notre Dame is all about $$$ and ratings for the BCS.

Big national following. They'll always be in the mix as long as they can win 9 games a season.

Hewson said:
Unfortunately what probably hurt Michigan the most is the fact that they were idle for the past 2 weeks, which is ridiculous. (ridiculous that voters changed their opinion of them because they weren't playing) But "out of sight, out of mind" comes into play. Florida plays FSU and Arkansas while Michigan sits home and voters say, "Florida is a good team with quality wins" and forgetting Michigan's resume.

There needs to be some consistency in scheduling. If The Mich/OSU game was last week and not 2 weeks ago the voting might have been different.

I can see an argument for either side, Florida played a pretty difficult schedule, though scheduling Western Carolina on Nov. 18 is a joke.

But lets face it, a playoff is the only real way to go.

16 teams starting with this past weekend or even next weekend, using the major bowls for semis and finals could schedule in easily. Everyone play an 11 game schedule, finish by Thanksgiving.

Smaller bowls still get played with the 17th thru 64th ranked teams.

Hell divison 1-AA can do it (Go UMass!) as can divison II and III.

The Rose Bowl looks like the best matchup on paper, should be a great game.
Sugar Bowl is happy to have ND for reatings, but LSU is gonna stomp them so viewers will be gone by halftime.

Let's face it, a #5 is usually out of the national title hunt. A simple "plus 1" playoff is really all you need.

Top4 play one more game, #1 vs #4, #2 vs. #3, winners play for the title.

some awesome play calls at the end, that 2 point conversion was fantastic

Wow. That was absolutely astounding.

When I think about Boise State's no-holds-barred, everything-including-the-kitchen-sink approach to their game, and compare it to Michigan's weak-tight-conservative approach to the Rose Bowl, it makes me sick.

Back
Top Bottom