COLLEGE BASKETBALL: #3 Oklahoma vs. #8 Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If any of you are college basketball fans, I would encourage you to watch tw good teams play Thursday night on ESPN2. The Oklahoma Sooners, currently ranked #3 in the nation, face #8 Alabama as the second half of a doubleheader in NYC's Madison Square Garden. Memphis & Syracuse tip off at & PM Eastern, followed by Bama/Oklahoma at 9:30.

The Sooners were a Final Four team last year, ending there with a 31-5 record, and ESPN is picking them to return this year and finish up #1. I think/hope my Crimson Tide will conitnue its growth process and hopefully improve over last season's early out in the NCAA tourney. We are without Rod Grizzard who left early for the NBA draft (he ended up on some minor/club/pee-wee roster in Mobile, Alabama), but we still have defending Southeastern Conference Player of the Year Erwin Dudley, a guy who has truly made a name for himself coming from a no-frills, low profiel recruit (as opposed to big names like Gerald Wallace and Rod Grizzard) only to earn the highest conference honors in his junior year. Mo Williams and Kenny Walker (not THAT Kenny "Sky"Walker) are also fun to watch, as are academic all-stars Terrence Meade and (walk-on surprise) Antoine Pettway.

I am not expecting a win, but I feel that this team will show up; either way, it should be a good game for a national audience.

Have you ever seen those little egg-shaped dolls they have in Russia? I think they are called "matruska dolls," where you have a large one that opens up to reveal a slightily smaller one that opens up to reveal a slightly smaller one, etc. When my wife went to Russia last summer, she was street shopping in Moscow and found a set of Matruska dolls including Alabama's starting line-up from last year: Grizzard, Dudley, Meade, Williams and Walker. She brought it back as my souvenir, and got herself a set of the Auburn football team. Kind of odd that Russia would have a market for SEC sports collectibles.

Roll Tide.

~U2Alabama

We won; a pleasant surprise. My Bama matruska dolls watched the game, except for Grizzard, who stared down our Auburn friend who watched it with us.

I listened to Metallica very loud on the way home.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom