College Baseball?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shoot, well your cousin did his job, and i hate him for it:wink: , being a husker fan and all. they're having a nice series though, especially last night's marathon. we'll see how the rubber match goes tomorrow, and if anyone will ever pitch to gordon...

are there really sane people in this world who root for the huskers?

i mean, seriously now...

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I have a cousin who is a pitcher for the University of Texas. He is the starting pitcher for todays game against Nebraska.

:up:

I follow the teams when they reach the CWS...your cousin is pitching for our Hometown legend, Augie Garrido...Coach Garrido led our Cal State Fullerton to several CWS titles...matter of fact, CSF knocked Texas out of last years Championship game...

what your cousin's name so we can follow him???

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I have a cousin who is a pitcher for the University of Texas. He is the starting pitcher for todays game against Nebraska.

04/09/2005

No. 1 Texas evens series with 11-4 win over No. 4 Nebraska

Will Crouch

· Box score

LINCOLN, Neb. – Using a 6.1-inning, nine-strikeout performance from starter Adrian Alaniz (Sinton, Texas) and a season-best, 17-hit attack, No. 1 Texas (28-6, 5-5 Big 12) earned an 11-4 victory over No. 4 Nebraska (27-5, 6-2 Big 12) in front of a crowd of 8,163 on Saturday, April 9. Notably, with the win, the series between the Horns and Huskers is now tied at one game apiece.

The Longhorns managed to load the bases on a single from Seth Johnston (Boerne, Texas), a double off the bat of Taylor Teagarden (Carrollton, Texas) and a hit batter with one out in the top of the first, but NU starter Zach Kroenke got a strikeout and a groundout to end the inning without allowing a run. Nebraska then came up with two singles in the bottom of the inning, but a caught stealing and a pair of strikeouts by Alaniz kept the game scoreless. In the second, right fielder Nick Peoples (Round Rock, Texas) singled with one out before stealing second with two down and scoring when the throw went into outfield and was bobbled by the left fielder to stake Texas to a 1-0 lead. A leadoff home run from Johnston one inning later in the third then made it 2-0 in favor of the Longhorns.

Nebraska cut the lead in half at 2-1 in the bottom of the third when shortstop Joe Simokaitis connected on a RBI-double to drive in Bryce Nimmo from first base. With the Huskers still threatening in the frame, Alaniz, after an intentional walk, then induced a popup to end the inning. Answering immediately in top of the fourth, David Maroul (Benbrook, Texas) drew a

one-out walk before back-to-back singles from Peoples and Robby Hudson (Redlands, Calif.) pushed UT in front by a score of 3-1. After a scoreless top of the fifth, the Huskers loaded the bases with two outs on a fielder’s choice and two walks in front of a RBI-base hit from Andy Gerch to make it a 3-2 game. Still facing a bases-loaded situation, Alaniz got his next batter to hit a chopper to second base that kept UT in front by one.

Countering again in the top of the sixth, the Horns received a one-out home run from Maroul followed by five consecutive singles, including run-scoring base hits from Drew Stubbs (Atlanta, Texas), Johnston and Teagarden, and a sacrifice fly from Calvin Beamon (Aurora, Colo.) to plate five runs and grab an 8-2 lead. In the bottom of the seventh, a one-out error followed base hits from Simokaitis and third baseman Alex Gordon and a sacrifice fly off the bat of pinch-hitter Ryan Wehrle plated a pair of unearned scores for Nebraska to make it an 8-4 ballgame. Continuing to battle, pinch-hitter Will Crouch (Austin, Texas) then came up with two on and two outs in the top of the eighth and sent the fourth pitch he saw over the left-field fence to claim an 11-4 advantage for the Horns. From there, senior reliever Buck Cody (Oklahoma City, Okla.), who worked out of the bases-loaded jam in the seventh, faced the minimum over the final two innings to seal the win and earn his first save of the season. While Alaniz, who allowed two earned runs on seven hits while striking out a career-best and team season-high nine batters over a career-long six and one third innings, picked up his second win of the year, Kroenke incurred the loss.

Leading the way offensively for the Longhorns, who connected on a season-high three home runs in the game, were Johnston, who turned in the third four-hit game of his career with a 4-for-4 outing that included three runs scored and a pair of RBI, and the trio of Teagarden, Peoples and Hudson, who each tallied three hits while combining for two RBI and four runs scored. Nebraska, meanwhile, had its offense paced by Simokaitis, who went 2-for-4 with one run scored and one RBI, Nimmo, who crossed the plate three times, and Gordon, who tallied two hits while driving in one run and drawing a pair of walks.

This series now wraps up with a 1:30 p.m. Central game at Hawks Field on Sunday, April 10. Of note, the series finale between UT and Nebraska will be broadcast on radio by 1300 AM “The Zone” in Austin and televised nationally by ESPN.

Texassports.com takes you right into the U of T forum....:) :up:

Wow!!! someone's cousin threw a No-hitter last night for Texas in their win over Oklahoma....only one walk from being a perfect game!...this kid's got a future! :up:

and Texas is on ESPN2 as I type.

I know!!!!! :D

The phones were ringing off the hook last night. I saw the highlights on ESPN last night. :D

ba_celebration_041605_400.jpg

[q]Alaniz’s no-hitter leads No. 1 Texas to 4-0 win over Oklahoma

· Box score

AUSTIN, Texas – Freshman Adrian Alaniz (Sinton, Texas) registered the 19th no-hitter in school history and the third in

Big 12 annals to lead No. 1 Texas (31-6, 8-5 Big 12) to a 4-0 victory over Oklahoma (20-14, 5-6 Big 12) in front of 6,685 at Disch-Falk Field on Saturday, April 16.

While the shutout victory marked the second in a row for the Horns over the Sooners and ninth of the season for the club, it was also the first no-hitter for a Longhorns player since Feb. 11, 2000, when Beau Hale hurled a no-hitter against Sam Houston State at Disch-Falk Field (10-0). Additionally, he only faced one batter over the minimum with a walk in the fourth inning and became the first freshman in UT history to record a no-hitter since Greg Swindell turned the trick against Texas Wesleyan on March 17, 1984 (12-0 in seven innings).

The Longhorns broke on top 1-0 in the bottom of the second when David Maroul (Benbrook, Texas) delivered a two-out base hit with Chance Wheeless (Round Rock, Texas), who singled to open the inning, on third. While a hit from Robby Hudson (Redlands, Calif.) and a walk kept the UT threat alive in the second by loading the bases, OU starter Steven Guerra managed to induce his next batter to hit into a force out and keep it a one-run contest. A Seth Johnston (Boerne, Texas) double to begin the third followed by a Taylor Teagarden (Carrollton, Texas) triple then yielded a two-run Texas advantage before Maroul doubled to lead off the fourth, took third when the ball was bobbled and scored on a sacrifice fly off the bat of Hudson to push the UT lead to 3-0. On the other side of the ledger, OU was held without a base runner by Alaniz until the fourth when Ryan Rohlinger drew a two-out walk on a 3-2 pitch. Still, Alaniz retired the next man he faced on a flyout to keep the no-hitter in tact.

After a scoreless fifth, the Horns tacked on a single run in the sixth on a two-out, RBI-single from Drew Stubbs (Atlanta, Texas) to push on top 4-0. Alaniz, meanwhile, set down the next seven batters he encountered on routine plays. Rohlinger then came to the plate with one out in the seventh and sent a 2-2 pitch deep to left field. Nick Peoples (Round Rock, Texas) quickly tracked the ball and leaped up against the outfield fence to haul in the drive and preserve the no-hit bid. After both sides went quietly in the eighth, Oklahoma was down to it final three outs. Alaniz, who fanned six on the evening, then recorded a groundout and back-to-back strikeouts to earn the no-hitter and close out the 4-0 victory. While Alaniz improved to 3-0 on the year after hurling the first complete-game of his career, Guerra shouldered the loss for OU.

Headlining the Texas offense on the night was Johnston, who registered his team-leading 20th multi-hit game of the year behind a 2-for-3 effort that included a run scored, and Maroul, who posted two hits while scoring one run and driving in another. Of additional note for Alaniz, he not only becomes the first UT freshman to throw a nine-inning, no-hitter since Richard Wortham no-hit Texas Tech on April 7, 1973 (9-0), but he also gave the Horns their first no-hitter against a conference opponent since Dave Seiler no-hit SMU on March 22, 1980, in Austin (1-0).

The Horns and Sooners conclude this three-game on Sunday, April 17 with a 12 p.m. Central game at Disch-Falk Field.[/q]

Last edited:
My cousin, Shaun Cody, will be a #1 round NFL pick...probably the NY Jets from the way the draft is panning out....$$$$$$

Shaun Cody is a monster! And a very nice guy. Whoever drafts him will be very lucky.

Fight On! I'll miss seeing #84 on Saturdays.

Three-Pete!

Topic: I love college baseball. Saw Barry Zito and Mark Prior as collegians. It is such a great atmosphere, and I really love the "Ping"

Its getting closer....I just made it in from an early work assignment just so I wouldn't miss a beat!

Fight on!!!

(whispers...#84 possibly to Atlanta Falcons or Indy Colts)

pleease be the Colts!!! please, please, please.........!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

WHIZZZZZATTTT?!?!

So you know I'm a student at UT?!?!

One of the baseball players is actually going to be my temporary roomie over the summer!

I was actually at the Oklahoma games...all I can say is AWESOME.

Back
Top Bottom