collaborations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The covers thread inspired this because I adore these Thom collabs.
Thom has done a fair few collaborations some of which are fantastic.
I love Drugstore's El Presidente. Its brilliant.
Another one I adore is "I've seen it all" with Bjork.
Thom is sweet perfection on this track. if u havent heard them download them now.
he did that UNKLE Rabbit in teh headlights and I think a PJ Harvey one too. Havent heard that.

Anyone heard the PJ Harvey one?

I like Rabbit in Your Headlights quite a bit, there is also one where Thom sings Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" while Sparklehorse plays the music

can't say I like that El Presidente song

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

The PJ Harvey song is 'This Mess We're In' from Stories From the City, Stories from the Sea. It's very good, very PJ Harvey-meets-New-York basically. Mellow.

The UNKLE collaboration with Thom Yorke is so good I thought it was Radiohead initially. "I'm a rabbit in your headlights/Christian suburbanites..."

What are you doing posting in the "dead" forum, McConville?
wink.gif

Manda, I have SelmaSongs and I never even knew that "I've Seen it All" was a duet between Thom Yorke and Bjork! Perhaps because I saw "Dancer in the Dark" I always pictured the character in the movie singing it. Then when I read your post I went and re-listened to the song and checked the CD cover and sure enough, you were right. Now that I know it is Thom I can recognize his voice.

And, I have heard the PJ Harvey/Thom Yorke duet. It is called "This Mess We're In" and it is off of her latest CD, "Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea" It's a beautiful song and there voices harmonize well together.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

I think the best collaboration is Sinead O'Conner and Peter Gabriel - The Blood of Eden

Back
Top Bottom